PDA

View Full Version : hooorray for the passport border law

boates
06-03-2009, 15:50
got a support cheque from ex. My girls are now 28, and 24! First court ordered payment he made since divorce in '90. Deadbeat Dad extrordinare!

Govmt pulled his passport, and drivers lic. years ago, didn't matter, as he could travel to U.S. without it, then, not now, and drives without d l .

Here's hoping for everyone else!:smiley20:

cruzan
06-03-2009, 16:12
Wow, who'd a thunk the government worked?? Mark this date down.

scubagirlj
06-03-2009, 16:20
women everywhere are cheering!!!!! about time something goes for us instead of against us!!!!

marktheprinter
06-03-2009, 17:07
It's about time they make us use Passports. You gotta have one in Europe and other countries.

navyhmc
06-03-2009, 20:27
I do so hope he was in mexico when they did that...talk bout inconvienence to the max! Let's hope you get more and soon.

boates
06-06-2009, 12:49
I do so hope he was in mexico when they did that...talk bout inconvienence to the max! Let's hope you get more and soon.

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Chilkie
06-06-2009, 22:56
Congrats to you. I hope that somehow the rest of what you deserve comes your way.
:smiley20:

snagel
06-07-2009, 05:47
Interesting, the governement has tried garnishing wages, garnishing income tax refunds, disallowed certain loans to get at these deadbeat dads and they always seem to find a way around it. Hit them where it hurts....cut into their diving. I'm wondering if we can pull their C-Cards.

I just don't understand why a "father" would not want to provide for their children. I know things can get very complicated during a divorce, separation, or whatever, but why take it out on the kids. I'm a dad and no matter what I would make sure my son is provided for (not saying mom isn't, but it is also my responsibility - not just hers).

Snagel

PhD4JC
03-21-2010, 18:07
what state does he live in?

they do not pull licenses in all states

got a support cheque from ex. My girls are now 28, and 24! First court ordered payment he made since divorce in '90. Deadbeat Dad extrordinare!

Govmt pulled his passport, and drivers lic. years ago, didn't matter, as he could travel to U.S. without it, then, not now, and drives without d l .

Here's hoping for everyone else!:smiley20:

scubastud
03-21-2010, 19:53
Sexist post. I was a single parent and my son's deadbeat "oven donor" has yet to cough up one penny.

boates
03-29-2010, 15:47
I did post this to womans forum, and I am speaking of my own experience. I`m sorry Scubastud (now, that names not sexist, self appointed, I presume) that you think this post is sexist. The law is for any deadbeat parent..... mom or dad.

Oh, and by the way...........nothing since.........., so, $500, 2 kids, for the last 24 yrs. I was jazzed they got something........that`s it, that`s all.

So, now is there a mod that can eliminate this thread...........please

Rileybri
03-29-2010, 16:12
I dont think you should delete this thread. You accomplished something many dream about getting money owed to you by a dead beat parent. My wifes father ditched her family about twenty years ago and same thing nothing till they found him about a year ago. That said the dead beat issue is a tough one for us fathers. Those of us who take the job seriously take it personally when others are not "adult" enough to follow through.

creativenomad
03-29-2010, 18:50
What a great idea! Long time coming. How much of the back support do they need to pay? All of it? I guess if a deadbeat dad can afford to go galavanting around the world he can afford to pay his child support.

scubastud
03-29-2010, 20:39
I did post this to womans forum, and I am speaking of my own experience. I`m sorry Scubastud (now, that names not sexist, self appointed, I presume) that you think this post is sexist. The law is for any deadbeat parent..... mom or dad.

Oh, and by the way...........nothing since.........., so, $500, 2 kids, for the last 24 yrs. I was jazzed they got something........that`s it, that`s all.

So, now is there a mod that can eliminate this thread...........please

I was teasing Boats.. I am glad you got at least something.. and I am all for going after deadbeat parents.
I hope you do not have this thread removed.

:smiley31: