PDA

View Full Version : wishlist emptied?

cbope
06-07-2009, 05:47
I have been adding things to my wishlist over the past couple months in anticipation of visiting ST this summer. Today I logged in to add a couple more things and I find my wishlist is empty! It had been working properly before and I had several times on different dates added or removed items without any problem.

What's happened to my wishlist? :smiley13:

scubagirlj
06-07-2009, 07:28
Yeah, thats a real problem, my is empty also,,oh wait, I bought everything that was on my wish list-bad girl!

ScubaToys Larry
06-07-2009, 10:09
We can't even get in to peoples wish lists... the passwords are encrypted... are you sure you didn't have 2 set up, with slightly different usernames?? I had that happen to someone else once, and they were checking the wrong one, the other one had all their stuff.

I've never heard of one emptying, without someone emptying it....

cbope
06-07-2009, 11:27
Hi Larry

Doesn't seem to be the case of a 2nd account. I have only used 2 different email accounts for quite some time, and the 2nd email is not even recognized as a valid user account by the site. Only one of my email addresses is recognized (my gmail account), and this shows nothing in my wish list (except the one item I added today). Last time I logged in and checked my wishlist was maybe a month ago and I had about 15-20 items in there.

Oh well... guess I need to wrack my brains and try to remember what I had...

We can't even get in to peoples wish lists... the passwords are encrypted... are you sure you didn't have 2 set up, with slightly different usernames?? I had that happen to someone else once, and they were checking the wrong one, the other one had all their stuff.

I've never heard of one emptying, without someone emptying it....

din
08-20-2009, 14:39
larry, I keep having the same problem. my wishlist is empty within a day or two of populating it, and it's making me wanna pull my hair out! how am I supposed to make a game plan for hiding purchases from my fiance when I don't even know what to buy?

snagel
02-06-2011, 09:53
This is still happening to me. Just checked the wish list and it is empty....I know I had some things in there. Could this be a "cookie issue"? I mean if you delete your cookies will it delete items in the wish list?

Snagel

bfmorgan
02-06-2011, 10:44
Just checked and my wish list is gone. I did have a browser problem a month ago and basically had to get rid of all of the cookies, saved passwords,etc. So Snagel may be on to something, that it might be a cookie issue....but then again maybe not. Technical problems are so obvious once you solve them and so mysterious while you are trying to solve them.

ScubaToys Larry
02-06-2011, 11:15
Should not be a cookie issue... the cart uses cookies. The actual wish list is held on our server. I can start a new wish list with one browser, then to go another computer with a different browser and pull it up. Just make sure you have your same email and password.

If you put a bunch in there.. you can also email it yourself. Do that if you want to keep an email copy of it in case there is a problem later.

scubajane
02-06-2011, 11:15
Santa Larry is filling all your wish lists... check your mail!!!!!

KO-Texas
02-06-2011, 15:49
Santa Larry is filling all your wish lists... check your mail!!!!!

My wish list keeps getting emptied too..... along with my bank account. I haven't been able to fix either one yet :smiley29:

I'll swing by ST again this week to empty both again. :smiley20:

KO

bigman241
02-06-2011, 20:23
larry does it so you go back through and re look at everything, as you add your old times your realize just how much more you really need:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie40::smili e40:

bigman241
02-06-2011, 20:24
do you do this so your wife does not realize your buying so much
Hi Larry

Doesn't seem to be the case of a 2nd account. I have only used 2 different email accounts for quite some time, and the 2nd email is not even recognized as a valid user account by the site. Only one of my email addresses is recognized (my gmail account), and this shows nothing in my wish list (except the one item I added today). Last time I logged in and checked my wishlist was maybe a month ago and I had about 15-20 items in there.

Oh well... guess I need to wrack my brains and try to remember what I had...

snagel
03-18-2011, 06:21
Happened again. I guess I need to figure out how to email it to me. Very irritating.

Snagel

Zeagle Eagle
03-18-2011, 08:58
Maybe someone is buying your stuff.