PDA

View Full Version : Avanti Quattro's or Superchannels?

cbope
06-07-2009, 07:15
Going to get a new set of fins soon from ST. Looking for a good balanced fin, not too stiff and not too soft with decent power. I've narrowed it down to these 2 models based on reviews.

:smilie40:

MSilvia
06-08-2009, 12:45
I haven't used either, but assuming both are improvements on the basic Avanti design (which I love), I can't imagine you'll be disappointed. I'd go with whichever costs less.

wwdiver
06-08-2009, 20:10
I've been pleased with my Quattro's. Could be a little stiffer though..

waytooslow
06-08-2009, 22:12
I like my Superchannels - but use Tusa Zooms mostly - as I have less cramps with the splits.

ScottW
06-09-2009, 13:16
I've used the same Quattro's since the 90's. I looked (haven't dove) at a pair of the Superchannels and the pocket looks a bit stiff with the 'hard' plastic integrated into it.

ScottW
06-09-2009, 13:34
Scratch what I said. I was looking at the Quattro Excels. Sorry.

cbope
06-09-2009, 13:40
Yeah, Excels are pretty stiff. Our DM/instructor in Thailand last year had a pair.

I'm leaning towards the Superchannels as they are a bit newer design (supposedly improved) than the Quattros and are currently a bit cheaper.

Scratch what I said. I was looking at the Quattro Excels. Sorry.

MSilvia
06-09-2009, 14:15
I'm leaning towards the Superchannels as they are a bit newer design (supposedly improved) than the Quattros and are currently a bit cheaper.

Since I needed a replacement for my old Avantis, I was leaning the same way, until I found out I preferred the Hollis F1s.

cbope
07-03-2009, 17:37
I picked up the Superchannels this week from ST. Got a price match plus the forum discount. I've only done some snorkeling with them so far, they have a lot of power. A bit overkill for snorkeling, but hopefully I'll be able to get some dives with them soon. I put a set of the Tilos spring straps on them.

Largo
07-04-2009, 16:47
In the movie, 'Fool's Gold' Matthew McConaughey wears Superchannels.

He always has hot girlfriends, so I think that you made a good choice.