PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Diving Table Rock Lake

Diver-Mike
06-07-2009, 17:16
Greetings Scuba Divers,

We are vacationing on Table Rock, June 13-20. This is my 10th trip to Table Rock, in 12 years. I have never dived the lake before. Typically I dive Bonne Terre Mine or the Caribbean. Has anyone dived there during the past couple of weeks? What is the visibility? What is the temperature below the thermocline? We will have access to a pontoon boat and will be staying in the Joe Bald area, near Kimberling City. Any suggestions?

Diver-Mike

snagel
06-08-2009, 06:15
Check out Midwestmuckdiving (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com) for conditions on the lake. Table Rock diving is not the Caribbean nor will you have the viz of Bonne Terre, but it is good diving.

Not sure of your experience, but there is deep dive on the old Kimberling City Bridge - about 100' dive. Off Indian Point is the Zebulon Pike about an 80' dive. There are several other. Send me a PM with your email and I can send you a list with GPS of all the dive sites on the lake.

Snagel

bottomdweller
06-08-2009, 16:08
I have been diving at the Dewey Short Visitors center just about every weekend. On 5/30/09 surface temp was 76 degrees Thermocline was at about 20 ft, we went to 75 ft deep & my computer said the temp was 53 degrees. The vis was only 5-8 ft down to 30 ft deep, after 30' the vis opened up quite a bit up to about 20 ft.
Dewey is a good place for shore diving & I guess you could pull a boat up close to the swim area & dive it from there also.
Let us know where you end up diving & how it went?

cummings66
06-11-2009, 19:30
It got even better below 100 feet. It's got some great vis at the moment, at least last weekend it did.