PDA

View Full Version : PADI Deep Diver

neogeo
06-07-2009, 23:23
Finished it today! Deepest dive was to 125ft for 5 minutes, total dive time 36 minutes! All in all great course IMO. Learned a lot!

UofTOrange
06-08-2009, 10:15
So what did you think of the course. Did you learn anything you wouldn't have if you just did the dives yourself?

crgjpg
06-08-2009, 10:35
Congratulations. My wife and I did the deep diver in April. I think what made the course worth it to me was that my instructor went beyond just giving just the information from the book and provided much more information. She also told us of her experiences with how other divers have reacted to narcosis. I appreciated having her experience and skill to watch over us on our dives to make she we did not do something stupid because of narcosis.

Chilkie
06-08-2009, 10:45
Congrats on finishing the course. :smiley20: I'm taking it later this summer. REALLY looking forward to it!!

navyhmc
06-08-2009, 10:47
Congrats neo! Now the Scuba cops won'ttry to bust you everytime you go below 60'. :smiley36:

neogeo
06-08-2009, 14:32
Congrats neo! Now the Scuba cops won'ttry to bust you everytime you go below 60'. :smiley36:

You mean 100ft!

Kevin was a great instructor and went well into detail of the dives. He also spent 30-45 minutes and helped me re-configure my gear.

drako
06-09-2009, 11:28
Nice! I really liked my deep diver course, although I wish I liked gettign Narc'd
guess I just gotta deep dive more

UofTOrange
06-09-2009, 12:59
Nice! I really liked my deep diver course, although I wish I liked gettign Narc'd
guess I just gotta deep dive more

I dont' understand. You wish you liked getting narc'd? I guess it hasn't happened enough to me to like or dislike it

medicdiver
06-09-2009, 14:24
The thing I've noticed with being Narc'd is that as along as I know I'm narc'd I haven't had a problem. I have notice that my reactions are not as quick as they are at a shallower depth than at 170' for obvious reasons.

Congrat's Neo! I talked with Kevin about you and he said you did really well. He wants us to go on a few dive's together so that you can see how we operate as a team. What did you think of his computer? Was he wearing the X1?

neogeo
06-09-2009, 14:47
He was wearing his D9, i liked it. I wish I could have got to see the X1. i wore a Suunto Vyper and thought it worked well for the type of dives I did. I'd love to dive with you guys... The more dives I get with experienced divers like you guys the better I'll become.

loki
06-17-2009, 00:42
congrads on the deep diver cert!

i remember mine like it was just yesterday. well, so it was a year and a few days ago. i got mine while diving at lake tahoe. awesome exp for sure. also got my alt diver cert as well. i mean hey, if you gonna dive a lake at that sits over 6000' and dive it to depths of 120' +/-, then might as well knock them both out right? if i would have brought my flash lights, then i would have knocked out my night diver too!

i had an awesome instructor...

navyhmc
06-17-2009, 03:08
congrads on the deep diver cert!

i remember mine like it was just yesterday. well, so it was a year and a few days ago. i got mine while diving at lake tahoe. awesome exp for sure. also got my alt diver cert as well. i mean hey, if you gonna dive a lake at that sits over 6000' and dive it to depths of 120' +/-, then might as well knock them both out right? if i would have brought my flash lights, then i would have knocked out my night diver too!

i had an awesome instructor...

Quick question for you IRT the altitude dive: Were your depths an actual 120' @ 6000' ASL or a sea level equivalent of 120' (actual depth of 90')? Pulling up the USN Altitude tables(Table 9-4), 120' @ 6000' ASL has a sea level equivalent depth of 150'. 90' @ 6000' ASL is equal to 120' @ sea level.

Being a midwest diver, every dive is a flashlight dive. :smiley36:

bsktcase93
07-06-2009, 17:47
i took the padi deep diver last august and it was pretty fun. good luck

PTAaron
07-06-2009, 20:56
It is the "Specialty of the Month" this month...
http://www.padi.com/sotmdeep

I was considering taking it... just to get the experience in a "safer" setting.