PDA

View Full Version : July 4th events.......

Dark Wolf
06-10-2009, 22:38
Ok, still working on plans with John and Regina. But here are the general plans:

We are looking at a "bring your own" BBQ. Kind of a pot luck type affair.

Regina is in contact with her dealers to see about some treasure hunt items.

T-shirts are still up in the air. Mainly due to me not knowing whether I can cover the charges up front. I am open to suggestions on this.

I will create another thread shortly on Motel info. I have talked to them and we have a basic understanding on what we want vs what they will do.

John and Regina will open at 1600 that day. If people are interested in diving all day, please let me know and we can set something up with them so that they will be open at regular time.

Anything that I have forgotten, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks to you all,

DW

LaCroix42
06-11-2009, 08:51
Our personal preference would be to dive all day. I'm thinking that most festivities are going to be at night, right? Would I be incorrect in assuming that Friday and Sunday will be open at normal times?

Dark Wolf
06-11-2009, 10:07
As of right now, they will open at 9am on Saturday and Sunday. Open at 4pm on Friday unless we generate enough interest to open them up at 9am on Friday.

And yes, most of the festivities will be after diving except for the treasure hunt and what-ever other diving events we come up with.

We have the go ahead to bring our own fireworks and set them off the evening of the 4th, as well.

DW

LaCroix42
06-11-2009, 10:33
OH, okay. I was thinking they were going to open late on Sat My mistake. Blaze and I are coming in on Thursday, and we're down for diving all day on Friday, too. :)

navyhmc
06-11-2009, 10:42
If we have enough interest, I guess I could go ahead and dive all day friday as well. (note: arm twisting and polite asking both work...please twist my arm and make me dive all day friday as well. Please... :smiley36: )

I am planning on being there on Friday so I will dive either early or late. The only difference is when I leave home.

LaCroix42
06-11-2009, 15:58
(looks around and walks quietly up behind NavyHMC. Grabs arm and twists behind back)

If John and Regina are open all day, you're diving all day. Got it? Good. Now go get some vitamin M for that shoulder. We can't have you doing valve drills with a torn shoulder, can we?

clayhwalker
06-11-2009, 21:26
DW cant reach his valves anyways :smilie39: I will be bringing he 5th wheel and the family to swim so it will be a weekend deal for me.

plot
06-11-2009, 21:27
awesome clay, havnt seen you around since thanksgiving!

neogeo
06-11-2009, 21:58
it'll be good to dive with you again clay!

DivingCRNA
06-15-2009, 11:36
Fire works are starting to go on sale....

navyhmc
06-15-2009, 11:45
(looks around and walks quietly up behind NavyHMC. Grabs arm and twists behind back)

If John and Regina are open all day, you're diving all day. Got it? Good. Now go get some vitamin M for that shoulder. We can't have you doing valve drills with a torn shoulder, can we?

Yes sir! Thank you Sir! May I have another Sir?! :smilie39:

umm....whats a valve drill? I don't have a valve drill. I do have a DeWalt cordless drill, will that work?:smiley36::smiley36:

All I need to know is will I need to be there at 0900 or 1600 on friday.

Dark Wolf
06-15-2009, 12:42
I talked with Regina yesterday and we are planning to open at 0900. She is gonna check with John and make sure that there are no conflicts, but she saw no problem in opening early.

Now for the bad news:

Due to several conflicting issues the T-shirts and the Treasure hunt will have to be pushed back to the next DDCN event, scheduled for October 24-25. My apologies for this, but there are several reasons this had to be done. T-shirts are already in the works for the next event, and should be done and in my possession in plenty of time. Same thing for the Treasure hunt items, although we have discussed doing a couple of slight variations to the treasure hunt that we put on in February. I will keep you all posted.

DW

navyhmc
06-15-2009, 13:25
0900 it is!!!

plot
06-15-2009, 17:13
i'm not coming for the treasure hunt or tshirts, so dont worry about it dw ;)

navyhmc
06-15-2009, 17:59
i'm not coming for the treasure hunt or tshirts, so dont worry about it dw ;)

I WAS going to come for the treasure and the T-shirts, but if plot is going to be there, I guess I'll still come.:smiley36:

Dark Wolf
06-15-2009, 19:56
LMAO!!! That is what I like about you guys, always so serious and solemn. :D

DW

medicdiver
06-15-2009, 21:42
I talked with Regina yesterday and we are planning to open at 0900. She is gonna check with John and make sure that there are no conflicts, but she saw no problem in opening early.

Now for the bad news:

Due to several conflicting issues the T-shirts and the Treasure hunt will have to be pushed back to the next DDCN event, scheduled for October 24-25. My apologies for this, but there are several reasons this had to be done. T-shirts are already in the works for the next event, and should be done and in my possession in plenty of time. Same thing for the Treasure hunt items, although we have discussed doing a couple of slight variations to the treasure hunt that we put on in February. I will keep you all posted.

DW

Please to reschedule the next event (October 24-25th). As of right now I am off that weekend and I would be able to join you guys.:smiley20:

navyhmc
06-15-2009, 22:14
:smiley19: And of course, I have to work that weekend in Oct.

neogeo
06-15-2009, 22:20
:smiley19: And of course, I have to work that weekend in Oct.

me too but i live 10 minutes away from oronogo and 45 minutes from work

bottomdweller
06-17-2009, 16:41
Oct 24th is my wifes Birthday, There is a good chance I won't be able to make that day.:smiley19: Maybe the 25th though.

skdvr
06-17-2009, 18:07
I may have to try that weekend in Oct to make it down there... Although Oct gets busy for us again, and that is my Anniversary weekend... I need to make it down there one of these times...

Phil