PDA

View Full Version : July 4 Motel accomodations.

Dark Wolf
06-10-2009, 23:13
I have a rate that has been offered for the Econo-Lodge in Carthage, MO for the event.

The manager has offered a rate of $58.49 for rooms. I have just talked to Econo-Lodge and they have in excess of 10 rooms available. I have reserved 4 rooms for the 3rd, and 4 rooms for the 4th. Please PM me if you are interested in these rooms. If I need to reserve more rooms, that is not a problem. I will be calling again in the morning to verify prices for singles and for the double queens.

These are decent rooms with a microwave and refrigerator in each room.

Thanks,

DW

navyhmc
06-11-2009, 07:10
Count me in for one friday and saturday night. right now, it will be just me. Jeff has to work.

plot
06-11-2009, 07:37
i'm in, who do i need to call and what do i need to tell them?

Dark Wolf
06-11-2009, 09:55
plot, you are covered as is navy. I reserved 4 rooms. But I am glad you said something, I forgot to put contact info in the thread. Will do that shortly.

DW

Dark Wolf
06-12-2009, 21:20
I have not been able to get in contact with the General Manager, but the rates that she quoted me are as follows:

$58.49 for a single room
$64.99 for double Queen room

I will try to catch her again tomorrow and will update thread as necessary.

DW

DivingCRNA
06-13-2009, 18:42
Is it a no-tell Mo-tel????

Dark Wolf
06-13-2009, 20:54
Lol. It is actually a pretty decent motel, to me anyway. Fridges and microwaves in each room, and they are clean. It is where I always stay. :)

Guess I forgot the phone number.....

Econo Lodge
1441 West Central
Carthage Mo 64836
Phone:417-358-3900
Fax:417-358-6839

Donna Miller General Manager

DW

neogeo
06-13-2009, 21:44
Heres a photo gallery...

Econo Lodge Photo Gallery - Carthage, Missouri Hotel (http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-carthage-missouri-MO048/Hotel-Photos?sid=oQ5Yi.cbCaSgg1R.3)

clayhwalker
06-14-2009, 06:17
I will be camping at Oronogo with the family. Does anyone know what Jon charges to park a camper out there? I like my AC!!!!!!!!

neogeo
06-14-2009, 10:54
I will be camping at Oronogo with the family. Does anyone know what Jon charges to park a camper out there? I like my AC!!!!!!!!
I know camping is $5.00 IDk why a camper would be more theres no electric out lets

navyhmc
06-14-2009, 18:03
Heres a photo gallery...

Econo Lodge Photo Gallery - Carthage, Missouri Hotel (http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-carthage-missouri-MO048/Hotel-Photos?sid=oQ5Yi.cbCaSgg1R.3)

Waffles for breakfast! I there dude!!!!:smiley36:

The 4th can't come soon enough. I am more than ready to go!

LaCroix42
06-14-2009, 18:19
Blaze and I were there the last time we came up. It's spartan accommodations, but as DW said, it's clean and it's got a fridge to keep the Monster 4 pack cold.

The shower heads could use some work, though.

Dark Wolf
06-15-2009, 19:59
Spartan? You must be used to better living accomodations than I. :D

Shower head? I have always enjoyed mine......

DW

neogeo
06-15-2009, 20:50

DW

Would you recommend the door knobs to Kenny?

Dark Wolf
06-16-2009, 13:20

DW

Yes, of course! But he needs to make sure to request the room with the reinforced knobs that I normally get. :D

DW

DivingCRNA
06-16-2009, 19:33

DW

Yes, of course! But he needs to make sure to request the room with the reinforced knobs that I normally get. :D

DW

You mean the David Carradine suite???

Dark Wolf
06-16-2009, 20:13
Lmao!!!!!

Dw

navyhmc
06-16-2009, 20:58

DW

DW

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

LaCroix42
06-17-2009, 10:45

DW

DW

THAT would explain why he ripped a hole in the foot of his dry suit... he was running some cave line from his cath to the flag!

Dark Wolf
06-17-2009, 22:24
Perhaps you all know me too well.............................:)

DW

navyhmc
06-25-2009, 00:01
Hey DW, just a quick question about the hotel. When we get there, do we give your name or our name for the reservation? less than 2 weeks and I am readt to be there!!!!!

LaCroix42
06-25-2009, 23:52
I was told we need to give the name "Rick James" in order to get the correct room. Except for Kenny, he has to give the name "Carradine" ;)

Dark Wolf
06-30-2009, 12:24
Ok, just off the phone with Donna Miller, General Manager of EL. The rooms are locked in, and she is getting us a discounted rate. All double bed rooms with microwave and fridge. Price quoted was $58.99, but she says that she can get us a better rate. When you check in just tell her you are with the group of divers and give her my name, and she will take care of the rest.

So far, I have rooms for navy, plot, myself, Woodchuck, and LC. And yes LC, you are covered for the 2nd through the 5th. :)

DW

navyhmc
06-30-2009, 14:48
So, do we say "We're here for the DDCN dive, Dark Wolf sent me."? Or "Kyle" sent me? :smiley36:

plot
06-30-2009, 17:18
so when i give them my name they should automatically know i'm with the group right?

DivingCRNA
06-30-2009, 17:40
so when i give them my name they should automatically know i'm with the group right?

The frozen glove will give it away...

plot
06-30-2009, 17:43
it wasn't frozen... but it's already packed.

LaCroix42
06-30-2009, 17:45
So you're going to stash it in the "freezer" section of the fridge on arrival, then?

plot
06-30-2009, 17:51
gonna pack it in dry ice so this time it's actually frozen.

DivingCRNA
06-30-2009, 18:24

Still not harder than her noodle.....:smilie39::smilie39:

LaCroix42
06-30-2009, 18:50

Well, she does live in Michigan. So, when does the brain start to thaw...around August, just in time to freeze and vapor lock again? :smilie39:

You know we love 'ya, right gNats? :smiley31: [/me ducks the flying sharp objects headed for my wings] Guess not...

Dark Wolf
06-30-2009, 19:48

Well, she does live in Michigan. So, when does the brain start to thaw...around August, just in time to freeze and vapor lock again? :smilie39:

You know we love 'ya, right gNats? :smiley31: [/me ducks the flying sharp objects headed for my wings] Guess not...

Plus, she is female. Lol.

DW

gNats
06-30-2009, 20:50
hahahaha - I will not be diving this weekend. I, instead, will be the official buddy checker at the water's edge.

My job, and one I shall take seriously, with the highest degree of importance, will be to check that each and every one of your tanks are fully turned on, before you enter the water.

Who's gonna go first?

:smilie40::smilie39::smiley2:

Dark Wolf
06-30-2009, 20:59
I will. I can reach my valves again once I get in the water......:)

DW

neogeo
07-01-2009, 03:38
I'm staying home... come home take a nice warm shower sleep in my own nice warm bed with nice a/c then wake up in the morning and drive 10 minutes and dive then repeat the process... I love living so close

fire diver
07-01-2009, 08:16
I booked a room at the comfort inn. It's my 3rd time this season with the company so I get a $50 gift certificate. My room is almost free!

navyhmc
07-01-2009, 08:26
I'm staying home... come home take a nice warm shower sleep in my own nice warm bed with nice a/c then wake up in the morning and drive 10 minutes and dive then repeat the process... I love living so close

Well, I'm staying in AC as well, but in the morning, I don't have to worry about making my bed and it'll be nice and straightened up when I get back.:smiley36:

Plus, I get waffles!!!!

gNats
07-01-2009, 08:39

Well, I'm staying in AC as well, but in the morning, I don't have to worry about making my bed and it'll be nice and straightened up when I get back.:smiley36:

Plus, I get waffles!!!!

Did someone say Waffles!??

navyhmc
07-01-2009, 08:42
Waffle fest 7:30 Saturday morning...Sharp! (At least DW said there were waffles. God help him if he lied!!!!) :smiley36:

DivingCRNA
07-01-2009, 11:47

Plus, I get waffles!!!!

Are we having waffles at the house, or the traditional super sonic breakfast burrito?

I can make you waffles :D

gNats
07-01-2009, 11:56

Plus, I get waffles!!!!

Are we having waffles at the house, or the traditional super sonic breakfast burrito?

Sonic. Don't want to mess with your MoJo. I guess "donkey butt" gets tator tots :-D

DivingCRNA
07-01-2009, 16:32

Plus, I get waffles!!!!

Sonic. Don't want to mess with your MoJo. I guess "donkey butt" gets tator tots :-D

She will love us forever!

LaCroix42
07-01-2009, 18:33
gNats: I'll be happy to go third. Besides, you saw my entrance procedure around Memorial day. Get in, grype about the cold, nearly fall and break my neck putting my fins on, and re-check my valve. :banana:

Navy, there are waffles. Blaze and I had them last time we were there, so you don't have to threaten DW's with bodily injury on that count. :D

plot
07-01-2009, 18:38
i'm on my way, i'll see you guys friday!

navyhmc
07-01-2009, 18:45
DW said the hotel has waffles...but if you want to meet at the waffle house by the wally world in Webb City, I'm game!

LaCroix42
07-01-2009, 18:49
There's a Waffle House?! w00t!

:party012:

gNats
07-01-2009, 19:17
DW said the hotel has waffles...but if you want to meet at the waffle house by the wally world in Webb City, I'm game!

No can do Ghost Rider.

CRNA has edumicated me on the power Sonic breakfast (#12) and Coke before diving. He says it brings him good luck. Personally, it gives me indigestion.

I ain't messing with his Mojo. Sooner or later this weekend, he will be my dive partner.

:smiley20:

gNats
07-01-2009, 19:20
gNats: I'll be happy to go third. Besides, you saw my entrance procedure around Memorial day. Get in, grype about the cold, nearly fall and break my neck putting my fins on, and re-check my valve. :banana:

Watch the griping LaCroix. Um, Plot seems to think it is HIS DUTY to bonk people on the noggin with a frozen dry glove when they gripe as they get into the water.

Keep a wary eye out for him. He is sneaky about it too.

DivingCRNA
07-02-2009, 10:19

Watch the griping LaCroix. Um, Plot seems to think it is HIS DUTY to bonk people on the noggin with a frozen dry glove when they gripe as they get into the water.

Keep a wary eye out for him. He is sneaky about it too.

He is not.... LOL

I saw that bonk coming a mile away.... Or the distance from the table to where I was waiting for a Squirrel to get in the water.... :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

DivingCRNA
07-02-2009, 10:21

No can do Ghost Rider.

CRNA has edumicated me on the power Sonic breakfast (#12) and Coke before diving. He says it brings him good luck. Personally, it gives me indigestion.

I ain't messing with his Mojo. Sooner or later this weekend, he will be my dive partner.

:smiley20:

You love that breakfast and you know it.... Or do you not whine anymore for fear of "The Glove"? :smiley5:

:smilie39::smilie39:

cowgirldiver
07-02-2009, 12:18
I think right now, you might be fairly safe from a frozen glove.... oops missed that early post about the dry ice!!

neogeo
07-02-2009, 21:30
Just got off the phone with LC he's about 2 hours away

fire diver
07-02-2009, 22:39
Daughter and I will be there about noon tomorrow!

Can't wait!