PDA

View Full Version : Are you attending the Independance Day weekend dive?

Dark Wolf
06-11-2009, 10:43
Ok, I think we all know the drill by now.......

navyhmc
06-11-2009, 10:48
Yes!!!

Any other solo divers want to get in a few solo dives? :smiley36: :smiley36:

bottomdweller
06-11-2009, 10:50
Wish I could, But I will be camping with all the family in Shell knob & doing some dives on Table rock that weekend.
I will be at the next DDCN get together whenever that will be?

navyhmc
06-11-2009, 11:09
Wish I could, But I will be camping with all the family in Shell knob & doing some dives on Table rock that weekend.
I will be at the next DDCN get together whenever that will be?

Probably the end of Februaury-the 3rd annual DDCN dive. :smiley36:

gNats
06-11-2009, 13:48
The Squirrel is in!

Plot - make sure you stick your dry gloves into the freezer, just in case you feel the need to bonk me upside the noodle with them again!

LaCroix42
06-11-2009, 16:00
Absolutely not. I wouldn't dive that sink hole again if my life depended on it.

You have a room lined up for us, right DW? :D

Dark Wolf
06-11-2009, 18:35
LMAO! Yes, LC. You are covered for a room. :D

DW

clayhwalker
06-11-2009, 21:18
I will finally be in town when everyone is getting together. It should be a good time and maybe DW can actually dive this time.

Shala
06-16-2009, 11:58
Steve (Diving Jayhawk) and I will be there.:smiley20:

DivingCRNA
06-16-2009, 16:00
I will be there with my best friend :D

navyhmc
06-16-2009, 16:15

You mean your left.....No, too easy!!!!:smilie39:

See you there.

Blaze
06-16-2009, 22:56

You mean your left.....No, too easy!!!!:smilie39:

See you there.

I thought his right hand was the easy one?! :laugh:

Recon
06-16-2009, 23:00
My car does not go that far :) it has a 50 mile radius alarm on it, once it reaches 50 miles from the house it starts beeping at me, after 55 miles, it turns around and takes me to my drive way and shuts down for a 24 hour period until the shock of being so far from it's shelter wears off.

~Recon

navyhmc
06-16-2009, 23:05
My car does not go that far :) it has a 50 mile radius alarm on it, once it reaches 50 miles from the house it starts beeping at me, after 55 miles, it turns around and takes me to my drive way and shuts down for a 24 hour period until the shock of being so far from it's shelter wears off.

~Recon

That's what you get for being ovezealous and installing a nitrox computer on your car and not setting the upper limits high enough. turn off the computer, use the tables and head this way. It'll be fun! :smiley36:

Recon
06-16-2009, 23:14

~Recon

That's what you get for being ovezealous and installing a nitrox computer on your car and not setting the upper limits high enough. turn off the computer, use the tables and head this way. It'll be fun! :smiley36:

You will understand why my car does not travel outside of a 50 mile radius after you look at these photos...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/bhnrecon/BMW%20Photos/DSC00774.jpg

you will be able to look through the rest of the photos from that link. Enjoy, I know that I do :)

~Recon

navyhmc
06-16-2009, 23:45
Nice, but still....

Recon
06-16-2009, 23:47
What is the exact location of the dive? I will run it by the boss, and see if she can release me on fer low for the weekend....

~Recon

maverick
06-17-2009, 00:04
I'm making plans 2 B there!

navyhmc
06-17-2009, 02:52
What is the exact location of the dive? I will run it by the boss, and see if she can release me on fer low for the weekend....

~Recon

Oronogo is about 6 miles North of Joplin, MO. If you can make it, I'll pm you a map. :smiley20:

Recon
06-17-2009, 04:03
that is about a 6 hour drive from here, I will have to see what is going on locally with a few friends, and see if the wifey wants to take a trip, chances are not too good that I can make it, but there is always a chance.

~Recon

navyhmc
06-17-2009, 04:18
that is about a 6 hour drive from here, I will have to see what is going on locally with a few friends, and see if the wifey wants to take a trip, chances are not too good that I can make it, but there is always a chance.

~Recon

We're like Motel 6: We'll leave a light on for ya! :smiley20::smiley36:

Recon
06-17-2009, 04:36
woot thank you, salvo light on, means "dive, dive, dive".

~Recon

gNats
06-17-2009, 10:40

~Recon

There are malls in Joplin.

Not that I would go to one and miss a day of diving. But, your wifey may enjoy the small town of Joplin. Mall. Movies.

rsmith4656
06-17-2009, 10:52
I am planning on it and I may bring my investor freind to look the place over. See you all there.

navyhmc
06-17-2009, 13:47
I am planning on it and I may bring my investor freind to look the place over. See you all there.

So you're making this a business trip and writing it off as an expense? Cool!:smiley20:

DivingCRNA
06-17-2009, 14:05
There are malls in Joplin.

Not that I would go to one and miss a day of diving.

Just one reason that I really dig you...

DrRobb
06-19-2009, 21:46
Wish I could join you all but I'm on call... I'm definately gonna make it back to Oronogo some time this summer though.

navyhmc
06-20-2009, 00:26
Wish I could join you all but I'm on call... I'm definately gonna make it back to Oronogo some time this summer though.

Uh huh! Which tropical place are you this time? :smiley36:

rsmith4656
06-21-2009, 11:31
I will be there on Sunday only. Too many other obligations tp cpme over for Friday or Saturday. See you then.

navyhmc
06-21-2009, 16:52
See you there Dennis! :smiley20:

Brandon Belew
06-21-2009, 21:38
I'd go but I have to assist w/ shooting a show. When not doing that I have to sit the booth :|

navyhmc
06-21-2009, 22:15
I'd go but I have to assist w/ shooting a show. When not doing that I have to sit the booth :|

Remember, it's Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

KennyD
06-22-2009, 07:56
I'm going to try and make it. It's our 7yr. anny. I may be able to get away if I buy her some new diamond earrings. Sniff,Sniff, that could be more Scuba Gear....
Yes Clay....Halcyon Gear

Brandon Belew
06-22-2009, 08:13

Remember, it's Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Friday - sitting the booth
Saturday - sitting the booth / helping shoot the show
Sunday - helping shoot a show in OK.

Booked weekend. :/

jamiejo
06-22-2009, 11:08
I'm going to try and make it. It's our 7yr. anny. I may be able to get away if I buy her some new diamond earrings. Sniff,Sniff, that could be more Scuba Gear....
Yes Clay....Halcyon Gear

wow. . nice to know where I come in on your priority list. . . guess our 7 year anniversary is just another day after all. . . .

KennyD
06-22-2009, 11:34
Yes Clay....Halcyon Gear

wow. . nice to know where I come in on your priority list. . . guess our 7 year anniversary is just another day after all. . . .

I'm sorry if you took this the wrong way!
It was a JOKE JamieJo...Like I told Kyle yesterday. I will NOT be attending the weekend of the 4th. I told him I did way too much diving last year and it was very hard on our marriage. I'm very sorry if you got the wrong idea and I did not mean any disrespect. I Love YOU:smiley31:

And if you heard Clay yelling at me as I walked down the Hill you would understand that whole "Halcyon,Scuba Gear" Thing too.
It was all meant to be a JOKE.. After all these years I'd think you could see that I was kidding.

clayhwalker
06-22-2009, 13:11
You will be sorely missed Kenny, but i completely understand. The invitation is still open for the week of July 6th. I wont even give you crap about your super H gear.

plot
06-22-2009, 17:31
JamieJo, you're invited to the 4th weekend dive too you know ;)

gNats
06-22-2009, 21:44
Hey,

Looks like my dive buddy has the itch to dive beyond my training on the 4th. So, while he is doing 40 minutes of deco (I hope he is cold and bored), I may take a specialty course that day, otherwise, I will be looking for a buddy.

I am AOW cert'd but will be happy to stay above 60' with an OW diver. I am not familiar with the quarry at all, so don't look to me to show you the cool toys down there.

Lemme know if there is room in your dive party!

PS - I have a nice camera with flash if you need some dive photos.

And, yes, you are correct. I am not above bribary.

:smiley2:

navyhmc
06-22-2009, 22:09
I'll be there for you gNAts... Jeff can't make it.

jamiejo
06-23-2009, 08:12

I know I'm invited too, I told kenny if he wants to dive wet then I will go anytime.

navyhmc
06-23-2009, 14:58

I know I'm invited too, I told kenny if he wants to dive wet then I will go anytime.

Kenny...Dive wet?....:smilie39:

jamiejo
06-23-2009, 15:00

Yea. . He told me at dinner last night that it was a deal. . . now he is texting me today saying that a 3mm is really going to be too cold and is totally back tracking . . I told him to use a 7mm from the shop :smiley2:

I knew I should've put money on it that he would wimp out

neogeo
06-23-2009, 15:17

Yea. . He told me at dinner last night that it was a deal. . . now he is texting me today saying that a 3mm is really going to be too cold and is totally back tracking . . I told him to use a 7mm from the shop :smiley2:

BRING YOUR CAMERA'S!!

navyhmc
06-23-2009, 15:17

:smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: Sorry kenny, but :smilie39:

DrRobb
06-23-2009, 15:27

Uh huh! Which tropical place are you this time? :smiley36:

Muskogee is warm this time of year, but I wouldn't consider it "tropical" Not nearly enough bikinis.

plot
06-23-2009, 17:45
Hey,

Looks like my dive buddy has the itch to dive beyond my training on the 4th. So, while he is doing 40 minutes of deco (I hope he is cold and bored), I may take a specialty course that day, otherwise, I will be looking for a buddy.

I am AOW cert'd but will be happy to stay above 60' with an OW diver. I am not familiar with the quarry at all, so don't look to me to show you the cool toys down there.

ill dive with you gnats. you can go down to 100' now right? :)

and kenny, if you're gonna miss this becuase you can't suck it up in a 7mm... :smiley11:

maverick
06-23-2009, 17:52
gNats I'll go diving with U

plot
06-23-2009, 17:59
ok, now we have a full fledged dive sqaud. lets take a bunch of lift bags and move the plane or something.

DivingCRNA
06-23-2009, 18:02
ok, now we have a full fledged dive sqaud. lets take a bunch of lift bags and move the plane or something.

A word to the wise...... The forum might be read by the owner of said plane.... and he does NOT think moving stuff is funny! :smilie39::smilie39:

gNats
06-23-2009, 18:34
Hey,

and kenny, if you're gonna miss this becuase you can't suck it up in a 7mm... :smiley11:

Cool Plot! I can and have been doing quite a few dives beyond 100 feet, so, yep, I'm good to go!

Plot, Maverick, and Navy! Looking forward to having some really fun dives with you guys while my normal dive buddy hangs onto a line at 30 feet singing "It's a Small World Afterall" over and over and over for entertainment.

:smilie40: :smiley20:

maverick
06-23-2009, 18:52
Looking foward 2 some fun times and diving

navyhmc
06-23-2009, 19:30
Hey,

Cool Plot! I can and have been doing quite a few dives beyond 100 feet, so, yep, I'm good to go!

Plot, Maverick, and Navy! Looking forward to having some really fun dives with you guys while my normal dive buddy hangs onto a line at 30 feet singing "It's a Small World Afterall" over and over and over for entertainment.

I'm excited!!!!Let's do this!!!! :smiley36::smiley20::smiley36:

gNats
06-23-2009, 20:09

Um, we are not storming the coast are we? Just diving around the cabin cruiser or whatnot?

Maybe I have seen too many Steven Segal movies. :smilie40:

navyhmc
06-23-2009, 20:57

Um, we are not storming the coast are we? Just diving around the cabin cruiser or whatnot?

If we do indeed do any storming, we'll make sure we issue you the combat load including MP-5N with silencer and 300 rounds. :smiley36: :smiley36: :smiley36:

Whatever dive you want, we'll go for it.

plot
06-23-2009, 21:39

A word to the wise...... The forum might be read by the owner of said plane.... and he does NOT think moving stuff is funny! :smilie39::smilie39:

if he reads this stuff, he should start posting too!

navyhmc
06-23-2009, 22:32
:smiley36: I don't think John is much of a techno geek. If anyone reads this it will be Regina. Hi Regina, Hi John!!!! :smiley20:

KennyD
06-24-2009, 06:31

Bob, The first time I dove with you and Brandon at Oronogo I was diving wet. I sold that suit a few days later and never looked back! And our shop does not have a 7mil big enough to fit me:smiley21:. So, It's either be foolish and dive in a 3mil or not dive at all. I think I will pass on this one.

navyhmc
06-24-2009, 06:49

Bob, The first time I dove with you and Brandon at Oronogo I was diving wet. I sold that suit a few days later and never looked back! And our shop does not have a 7mil big enough to fit me:smiley21:. So, It's either be foolish and dive in a 3mil or not dive at all. I think I will pass on this one.

Yes, I remember that. I was thinking about your dives after that. If we didn't like you we wouldn't raze you, right? :smiley36::smiley20:

gNats
06-24-2009, 08:42
Wooooooo Navy - If this turns into a Steven Segal movie, I get to be the hot chick that runs around with the gun and shoots it at the most opportune time killing the bad guy right before he kills you!

I'm liking this plan! :smiley20::smilie40:

navyhmc
06-24-2009, 08:46
Wooooooo Navy - If this turns into a Steven Segal movie, I get to be the hot chick that runs around with the gun and shoots it at the most opportune time killing the bad guy right before he kills you!

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: Definitely too much Segal!!! :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

BTW, the 2-wheeled dolly will make it's way down with me, so plot while not necessarily off the hook, won't have to totally carry your stuff. :smiley36:

gNats
06-24-2009, 08:54

:smilie39::smilie39: Definitely too much Segal!!! :smilie39::smilie39:

BTW, the 2-wheeled dolly will make it's way down with me, so plot while not necessarily off the hook, won't have to totally carry your stuff. :smiley36:

Ha! Now that I am a bp/w diver with a steel 80; I can easily manage my own gear up and down that hill. The alum 80 was too big for me to carry across the parking lot let alone down that hill!

I may need a squosh help getting into the harness, still learning how to do that shoulder wiggle. otherwise, I am a pretty self-sufficient diver!

DivingCRNA
06-24-2009, 14:03

:smilie39::smilie39: Definitely too much Segal!!! :smilie39::smilie39:

Ha! Now that I am a bp/w diver with a steel 80; I can easily manage my own gear up and down that hill. The alum 80 was too big for me to carry across the parking lot let alone down that hill!

I may need a squosh help getting into the harness, still learning how to do that shoulder wiggle. otherwise, I am a pretty self-sufficient diver!

You are. You geared up on the dive boat really well. Nothing to worry about from the Squirrel.

plot
06-24-2009, 17:18
While I carried gnats gear... i borrowed a dolly for my own last time.

think it was don's.

LaCroix42
06-24-2009, 18:35

If we do indeed do any storming, we'll make sure we issue you the combat load including MP-5N with silencer and 300 rounds. :smiley36: :smiley36: :smiley36:

Might I borrow a UMP-45SD with hollow point combat load, please? After all, it's all about the penetration when you're storming the beaches, right? :D

LaCroix42
06-24-2009, 18:37
And gNats, if you'll have us, Blaze and I will be staying shallow too.

Recon
06-24-2009, 18:47
Personally I like the HK91, with short folding stock, 308 full auto mmmmmm higher speed rounds nummy...

~Recon

gNats
06-24-2009, 19:15
And gNats, if you'll have us, Blaze and I will be staying shallow too.

Absolutely!

Brandon Belew
06-24-2009, 20:13

Might I borrow a UMP-45SD with hollow point combat load, please? After all, it's all about the penetration when you're storming the beaches, right? :D

See bolded portion -

Witty response: That's what she said..

navyhmc
06-24-2009, 22:49
So now, we've established that LaCroix, Recon and I are strung juuuust a little too tight, and we know what all we can bring if anything needs storming. What is everyone bringing or is there any planning in this area?

LaCroix42
06-25-2009, 05:25
Well, I was asking if I could borrow the UMP-45... I can bring a Mossberg and a Ruger KP345 to play. If we're talking an invasion, that Mossy can be turned into a SBR item with some quickness. Of course, I could probably raid my brother in law and buddy's places and add an SKS, AK, Remington 12ga and 30-30 to the party, in an emergency. :D

What do you mean strung too tight? Recon and I are residents of Texas. I thought it was a right of passage to be give a firearm for your housewarming and when you enter Kindergarten...? If I press her into it, I bet my daughter could field strip my pistol and drop the battery from my kike, too. :D

KennyD
06-25-2009, 15:36
Personally I like the HK91, with short folding stock, 308 full auto mmmmmm higher speed rounds nummy...

~Recon

"Recon" You are scary! My screen name on all other Forums is "Recon" and after reading your above post. I'm starting to wonder if I have a AE that I don't know about. The HK91 is SEX as you know.

Semper Fi

Recon
06-25-2009, 16:02
LOL, I have gone by Recon for a LONG time... ever since that one time in the sand box when the 1sgt gave it to me :) now it is tattooed on my right fore arm, and EVERYONE I know even in real life calls me Recon, minus like 50% of people at work... but I sign pretty much everything Recon, I wish that my wife would let me Legally change it to Recon, this way, the 50% of people that do not call me Recon, would then have to. And I am sorry I can say Semper Fi, and it be a part of my past life (even though I am ALWAYS Faithful, we have a little something we like to say where I came from, Never Shall I fail a Fallen Camrade...), but I will say HOOAH!

Rangers Lead the Way.

~Recon

neogeo
06-25-2009, 17:13
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_073b0b085652d7f66cafd210a4800230.jpg
BACK WHEN I WAS 18... BASIC TRAINING PHOTO...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/xxgreenfuzzybubblexx/infantrycreed.jpg

CWSWine
06-25-2009, 17:21

navyhmc
06-25-2009, 18:48
Aaand, back to the DDCN dive.

I will be there!!!!

neogeo
06-25-2009, 18:51

I will be there!!!!

Will be there too! Can't stay for the adult/nightly conversations because I work for a living but I will be there for 1-2 dives on Friday and Saturday but Sunday I am off work

navyhmc
06-25-2009, 20:16

I will be there!!!!

Will be there too! Can't stay for the adult/nightly conversations because I work for a living but I will be there for 1-2 dives on Friday and Saturday but Sunday I am off work

Good to go!:smiley20:

KennyD
06-25-2009, 21:22
LOL, I have gone by Recon for a LONG time... ever since that one time in the sand box when the 1sgt gave it to me :) now it is tattooed on my right fore arm, and EVERYONE I know even in real life calls me Recon, minus like 50% of people at work... but I sign pretty much everything Recon, I wish that my wife would let me Legally change it to Recon, this way, the 50% of people that do not call me Recon, would then have to. And I am sorry I can say Semper Fi, and it be a part of my past life (even though I am ALWAYS Faithful, we have a little something we like to say where I came from, Never Shall I fail a Fallen Camrade...), but I will say HOOAH!

Rangers Lead the Way.

~Recon

Black Hat. Did my jump school in Benning and my SDI was a black hat by the name of Baltista. Good times in Benning....

Recon
06-25-2009, 21:43
Black Hat when a Black Hat ment something and everyone was not wearing it. My bat sgt Major was weathersby, but you have a couple of years on me, so, the SDI baptista, does not ring a bell....

~Recon

LaCroix42
06-25-2009, 23:51
BACK WHEN I WAS 18...

So...last week? :smilie39:

neogeo
06-26-2009, 00:02
BACK WHEN I WAS 18...

So...last week? :smilie39:

5 years ago

Recon
06-26-2009, 00:04
LaCroix, you and blaze heading out to CSSP again anytime soon? I was thinking about maybe hitting it saturday some time... gonna try to hit the plane again, this time while wearing a 5mm hood and 5mm gloves.

~Recon

Shala
06-26-2009, 12:39
I'll be scubacamping with my boyfriend Steve (Diving Jayhawk) you can hang with us on some dives if ya want:smiley1:
-Shala

Hey,

wheelman
06-26-2009, 13:25
Who is all going on Friday? and at what times? My day freed up for the morning and early afternoon.

navyhmc
06-26-2009, 14:47
I think at the very least LaCroix, Blaze and myself will be there early. I believe that DW has confirmed that John is opening at 0900. DW????

LaCroix42
06-26-2009, 14:53
Correct, we'll be there bright and early, around 1000 or so if we're lucky. I believe you're correct on DW's part too. gNats? CRNA? Shala & Jayhawk?

PS: Was that you and Diving Jayhawk camping Memorial Day weekend, Shala?

Recon
06-27-2009, 00:33
you all going to cssp this weekend, if so i can be there :)

~Recon

navyhmc
06-27-2009, 07:18

~Recon

Will that cool little car of your's let you go that far Recon? :smiley36: I'm guessing it's less than 50 miles? :smiley36:

LaCroix42
06-27-2009, 09:15

~Recon

Sorry, no. We'll be preapring the house for the arrival of my mother who will be house (and child) sitting while we're out galavanting and living the high life in beautiful Carthage, Missouri. :)

Recon
06-27-2009, 13:41
Ahh thanks for the clairifcation lol, and Navy, my car does not go to CSSP, to many rocks, and too much dust :) Now the next time you are there, and if you have a truck, I will be more then happy to meet you up the street at the exxon, and I will park there, and toss my gear in your truck, if you wanna see her / go for a spin :)

~Recon

neogeo
06-27-2009, 14:48
living the high life in beautiful Carthage, Missouri. :)

You shouldn't believe everything you read on the net about Carthage.... its my home town lived here 22 years...

clayhwalker
06-27-2009, 20:35
I will be there with DW in the early AM on Friday. I am bringing the 5th wheel so i will have AC between dives :smiley32:.

neogeo
06-28-2009, 02:04
I will be there with DW in the early AM on Friday. I am bringing the 5th wheel so i will have AC between dives :smiley32:.

Thanks for supplying the nice cool a/c for us to put our drysuits on in

clayhwalker
06-28-2009, 07:27
sorry NEO, you dont meet the age requirements to enter my RV.

plot
06-28-2009, 08:38

he's over 13?

neogeo
06-28-2009, 18:21
oh yeah Clay "jacko" Walker... I guess I am to old

navyhmc
06-28-2009, 19:52

why is it the skit from Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd enters my mind? "We are two wild and crazy guys..here in our swinging bachelor RV!" :smilie39:

KennyD
06-28-2009, 19:53

Christ, :smilie39: Your making my side hurt from laughing...

Here is some very intresting news. I dove to the cable ladder and around all the way back to the dock. Viz was F-ING outstanding!!! 40' viz in the mid afternoon!
Question? What happend to "Bones"? He is not in the airplane anymore.. Did some of our DDCN guy's give him a new place to hang out?

neogeo
06-28-2009, 20:20

Christ, :smilie39: Your making my side hurt from laughing...

Here is some very intresting news. I dove to the cable ladder and around all the way back to the dock. Viz was F-ING outstanding!!! 40' viz in the mid afternoon!
Question? What happend to "Bones"? He is not in the airplane anymore.. Did some of our DDCN guy's give him a new place to hang out?

What are the depths of the cabble ladder? I believe John and Regina had one too many complaints about the skeleton... the said it was morbid...

navyhmc
06-28-2009, 20:23
Bummer about Bones, but great news about the vis!!!! I'm gettign stoked about next weekend!

neogeo
06-28-2009, 20:28
Bummer about Bones, but great news about the vis!!!! I'm gettign stoked about next weekend!
You are correct... I don't see what the fuss was about... its not like he had a reg in his mouth or anything... maybe we can talk John into putting it at depth

navyhmc
06-28-2009, 20:50
Is there a computer chair at the desk down at 130'? Maybe put him there. I have a feeling that folks didn' like bones in the plane because it made it hard to go inside?

neogeo
06-28-2009, 20:51
Is there a computer chair at the desk down at 130'? Maybe put him there. I have a feeling that folks didn' like bones in the plane because it made it hard to go inside?
That would be cool...

Dark Wolf
06-28-2009, 21:13
No, no chair at the deep computer. It was not real hard to get into the plane, but I think that people were "talking" about it and they decided to get a new "pilot".

DW

Shala
06-29-2009, 06:13
First Ed, then Farrah, Michael, & Billy. Now “Bones”?
:smiley19: Sigh…sad, very sad! He will be missed.

gNats
06-29-2009, 08:38
You want to talk spooky - Portage Quarry in Ohio has a cemetary complete with an open casket. I haven't seen it yet, it is on my list of to do and find dives this summer.

Dark Wolf
06-29-2009, 09:45
Table Rock has several in it. Depths from 25' to around the 100' mark if I remember correctly.

DW

navyhmc
06-29-2009, 13:47
First Ed, then Farrah, Michael, & Billy. Now “Bones”?
:smiley19: Sigh…sad, very sad! He will be missed.

A true tragedy, the good definitely are gone before their time. :smiley36:

gNats
06-29-2009, 13:58
Table Rock has several in it. Depths from 25' to around the 100' mark if I remember correctly.

DW

Those are real graveyards, aren't they DW? Table Rock is a flooded city area? The graveyard at Portage is staged.

If that is a real graveyard... Woooooo- I wanna dive a real graveyard.

That is some spooky crap.

:smilie40:

navyhmc
06-29-2009, 14:01

DW

Those are real graveyards, aren't they DW? Table Rock is a flooded city area? The graveyard at Portage is staged.

Should we start making plans for the Halloween DDCN Dive??? :smiley36: :smiley20: :smilie40:

DivingCRNA
06-29-2009, 14:05

DW

They are real. DDCN Halloween dive?

gNats
06-29-2009, 14:57

DW

Oh, YOU KNOW I AM SO IN FOR THAT!

Deal. DDCN Halloween Dive at the Table Rock Graveyard.

Very cool. Oh, I'm stoked. And, Halloween (Oct 31) is on a Saturday this year! Canwecanwecanwecanwe!???? bouncebouncebouncebounce

And in the morning, you can make waffles! (name that movie quote!)

gNats
06-29-2009, 14:59

DW

Should we start making plans for the Halloween DDCN Dive??? :smiley36: :smiley20: :smilie40:

I'm thinking we should!

navyhmc
06-29-2009, 15:22

DW

Very cool. Oh, I'm stoked. And, Halloween (Oct 31) is on a Saturday this year! Canwecanwecanwecanwe!???? bouncebouncebouncebounce

"Welcome to Duloc it's a perfect town..." ?

fire diver
06-29-2009, 15:32

DW

I know where a real graveyard is located in divable water.

I haven't dive the site yet, I just learned about it the other day, but I'm not giiving out it's location. I have been told that a SSS shows all the tombstones still standing.

This is in a resevior that filled years earlier than projected. The crew ran out of time before they could get to this cemetary.

fire diver
06-29-2009, 15:35

DW

IS this graveyard empty or still "populated"?

navyhmc
06-29-2009, 15:35
And I'm off Halloween Weekend!!! Now to get my wife to let me go!

gNats
06-29-2009, 15:59
And I'm off Halloween Weekend!!! Now to get my wife to let me go!

yeahhhhh!

gNats
06-29-2009, 16:00

DW

hahahaha - you know it. And don't forget to wash your ....

gNats
06-29-2009, 16:01

DW

I haven't dive the site yet, I just learned about it the other day, but I'm not giiving out it's location. I have been told that a SSS shows all the tombstones still standing.

This is in a resevior that filled years earlier than projected. The crew ran out of time before they could get to this cemetary.

C'mon! If it is in divable water, the best thing you can do is share with everyone for the 31st. Go check it out if it is worth diving, share it!

neogeo
06-29-2009, 16:09

DW

C'mon! If it is in divable water, the best thing you can do is share with everyone for the 31st. Go check it out if it is worth diving, share it!

Only if we do it at night and the moon is full...

plot
06-29-2009, 17:01

DW

thats messed up... they couldn't let water out of the reservoir?

at least tell us what state it's in.

Dark Wolf
06-29-2009, 17:52
It is my understanding that the 2 or 3 graveyards in TR are still populated. I will have to contact the dive shop that told me about them. He offered to give me the coordinates whenever I wanted to dive them.

DW

navyhmc
06-29-2009, 17:55

"..Face!" :smiley36:

LaCroix42
06-29-2009, 18:23
Hell yes, I'm down for a respectful graveyard dive on or around Halloween. Keep in mind I'll have a frozen glove ready for the people (for lack of a better description) who go digging for treasures. But then, I don't think most of the regulars here would do that, either. :)

fire diver
06-29-2009, 20:08

DW

thats messed up... they couldn't let water out of the reservoir?

at least tell us what state it's in.

Not yet. I want to hit it and see if it's as advertised first. Secondly, I don't want to give the place away on a public forum. From what I have been told is that this is a site that almost nobody knows of (along with a few other "almost virgin" sites. It's also diveable by boat only.

In the same lake, is a spot that has only been seen once as far as anyone knows. It was found in a time of freakishly good vis, and found by accident. The teller of this tale pointed it out on a map and said he found it by accident on an exploration dive. A lone, childs grave that appeared to be made by a stone mason, with 3 small trees beside it. He hasn't been back to it since.

I can't wait to get our new pontoon so it's easier to dive these sites.

gNats
06-29-2009, 20:19
PARRRRTEEEEE on FireDiver's Pontoon!

navyhmc
06-29-2009, 20:38
I'd be more than happy to help out on your venture Firediver.

plot
06-29-2009, 20:51
Not yet. I want to hit it and see if it's as advertised first. Secondly, I don't want to give the place away on a public forum. From what I have been told is that this is a site that almost nobody knows of (along with a few other "almost virgin" sites. It's also diveable by boat only.

In the same lake, is a spot that has only been seen once as far as anyone knows. It was found in a time of freakishly good vis, and found by accident. The teller of this tale pointed it out on a map and said he found it by accident on an exploration dive. A lone, childs grave that appeared to be made by a stone mason, with 3 small trees beside it. He hasn't been back to it since.

I can't wait to get our new pontoon so it's easier to dive these sites.

i understand, PM me the state then. i'm not interested in finding the site, just wanna know the proximity to me to know if it's a viable trip if you ever do find anything.

DivingCRNA
06-29-2009, 20:59

DW

FACE!

DivingCRNA
06-29-2009, 21:01
Hell yes, I'm down for a respectful graveyard dive on or around Halloween. Keep in mind I'll have a frozen glove ready for the people (for lack of a better description) who go digging for treasures. But then, I don't think most of the regulars here would do that, either. :)

I am here to tell you, gNat's head is definitely harder than a frozen glove!

fire diver
06-30-2009, 13:52
OK, question.... How are those of us who have never met the others, going to recognize each other?

Is there a secret handshake?

Dark Wolf
06-30-2009, 14:11
Chances are, I will be the only guy there with a pony tail halfway down his back...........and you know what is under a ponies tail...........:D

DW

navyhmc
06-30-2009, 14:25
I'll be the guy in the light blue Checy pickup w/topper. DW as he said has the pony tail, you gotta be careful about 'ole DW though, one person was checking out his butt until he saw DW was a guy. :scared: :smilie39:

Dark Wolf
06-30-2009, 14:29
WOW, thanks navy. You are a real buddy. Lol. I had finally forgot about that.

DW

gNats
06-30-2009, 14:44
I'm a mess of wild curly red hair.

oh, and I will be standing next to the luckiest guy at the quarry. :smiley2:

DivingCRNA
06-30-2009, 14:53
I will be the luckiest guy in the quarry. Next to the mess of red curls :-)

navyhmc
06-30-2009, 15:28
WOW, thanks navy. You are a real buddy. Lol. I had finally forgot about that.

DW

I'm there for ya DW!!! :smilie39: (I guess this means I'm diving solo this weekend? :smiley36: )

neogeo
06-30-2009, 15:39
I'll be the one everybody is making fun of... but I will be dishing back...

plot
06-30-2009, 17:11

when did you learn how to dish back?

i'll be making fun of neo.

KennyD
06-30-2009, 17:29

when did you learn how to dish back?

i'll be making fun of neo.

God, This makes me want to go just to make fun of Neo...:smilie39:

LaCroix42
06-30-2009, 17:38
I'll be standing next to the luckiest short red-head, without the curls, in the place. I should be wearing a Stetson and sunglasses. Or just holler out "Pyro" and you'll get a response, much like Marco Polo. :)

Or just listen for the guy b**ching about not being able to dive his dry suit due to seals.

plot
06-30-2009, 17:45
well, it's settled. we need a DDCN flag and flagpole to put up somewhere.

DivingCRNA
06-30-2009, 17:46
I'll be standing next to the luckiest short red-head, without the curls, in the place. I should be wearing a Stetson and sunglasses. Or just holler out "Pyro" and you'll get a response, much like Marco Polo. :)

Or just listen for the guy b**ching about not being able to dive his dry suit due to seals.

Well, in case you forgot, gNats is not exactly TALL (but is just the right size :smiley20:), but I think Blaze is one of the few divers shorter than gNats.....:smilie39::smilie39::smilie40:

I guess the non-curly hair will be the difference :D

LaCroix42
06-30-2009, 17:47
I'm pretty sure, at least on Friday, that we're going to be the only ones out there so it won't be needed then.Saturday and Sunday, yeah, we need a flag. Alpha with DDCN in block caps running down the grommeted end?

LaCroix42
06-30-2009, 17:50
Well, in case you forgot, gNats is not exactly TALL (but is just hte right size :smiley20:), but I think Blaze is one of the few divers shorter than gNats.....:smilie39::smilie39::smilie40:

I guess the non-curly hair will be the difference :D

When I say short, Blaze is 4'11" and her hair is down past her shoulders while gNats' is above her shoulders (as I recall). Also, Blaze is a dark red-head with plenty of freckles to go with the hair.

plot
06-30-2009, 17:50
giant dive flag with DD in one corner, CN in the other

or maybe DDCN running down the white stripe.

LaCroix42
06-30-2009, 18:51
Perhaps for October I can get that arranged.

Dark Wolf
06-30-2009, 19:55
For the record, we are not MAKING fun of neo. The fun is already there, we are just LAUGHING at it. :D

Navy, you can still dive with me. I have my knives all sharpened up. :)

Oh, and I talked with John today and he verified that they will open at 0900 on Friday.

DW

navyhmc
06-30-2009, 20:22
<== is bringing his shark chain mail suit.

Shala
07-01-2009, 02:13
OK, question.... How are those of us who have never met the others, going to recognize each other?

Is there a secret handshake?

This is me:-) except I'll be in a drysuit.

navyhmc
07-01-2009, 02:51
How to identify a few of the DDCN gals:

gNats: Short red head with curly hair

Blaze: short red head with out curls

Shala a not-so -short gal with long dark hair.

:smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20:

neogeo
07-01-2009, 03:16

Dont forget DW :smilie39::smilie39::smilie40:

navyhmc
07-01-2009, 03:21

I didn't, I mentioned him above, that's why he's sharpening knives and I'm diving solo! :smiley36:

neogeo
07-01-2009, 03:31

I didn't, I mentioned him above, that's why he's sharpening knives and I'm diving solo! :smiley36:

He'll still find you.. he knows that quarry like he knows the
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... well he knows the quarry at least

navyhmc
07-01-2009, 03:32

He'll still find you.. he knows that quarry like he knows the............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................
well he knows the quarry

Ah, but I know his weakness-all I have to do is go to 120 and he's narc'd....