PDA

View Full Version : lp hose for seaquest alternate air source?

chace_nicole
06-11-2009, 16:30
A friend has one of the older alternate air sources on a seaquest bc, but a standard hose will not connect to it. Anyone know what kind of special hose or adapter this will require? TIA

Beefcake
06-12-2009, 10:05
I had the same problem with my used Seaquest BCD / Airsource. I bought the BCD and reg set from a friend; it had the wrong inflator hose, but he had managed to jam it together and use it that way for years. When I took it all to my LDS to get serviced, the tech showed me that the hose was wrong and sold me a new one for about $30. Anyway, I guess I don't have much helpful to offer other than to confirm that the LP hose for the original airsouce units was not a standard hose.

BSea
06-12-2009, 10:29
I had the same problem with my used Seaquest BCD / Airsource. I bought the BCD and reg set from a friend; it had the wrong inflator hose, but he had managed to jam it together and use it that way for years. When I took it all to my LDS to get serviced, the tech showed me that the hose was wrong and sold me a new one for about $30. Anyway, I guess I don't have much helpful to offer other than to confirm that the LP hose for the original airsouce units was not a standard hose.That's about as helpful as it gets. It does require a special hose, or at least an adapter. But the adapter cost about as much as a hose anyway.