PDA

View Full Version : IDC ecomendations

cruzan
06-11-2009, 18:13
My husband is doing his divemaster course now. He'd like to take an IDC course next fall. I have considered Cane Bay just because we know the folks there. If I can, I may try to surprise him with a trip, any suggestions.

mitsuguy
06-12-2009, 05:28
My husband is doing his divemaster course now. He'd like to take an IDC course next fall. I have considered Cane Bay just because we know the folks there. If I can, I may try to surprise him with a trip, any suggestions.

I think you obviously know what I am going to say :)

But, that being said, the only alternative I would seriously consider would be Utila Dive Center, where the wife and I did our IDC... They have probably the most experienced, most efficient course / class structure and their course director is just awesome.

Judy (our course director) is also pretty cool - she's been diving for 40 some years and is ex-Navy... Why next fall? We have an IDC coming up in September that I will be staffing as well... So, we run two IDC's a year. Utila Dive Centre does one every single month...

cruzan
06-12-2009, 20:05
Judy (our course director) is also pretty cool - she's been diving for 40 some years and is ex-Navy... Why next fall? We have an IDC coming up in September that I will be staffing as well... So, we run two IDC's a year. Utila Dive Centre does one every single month...

Yep, we know Judy. She's one of the reasons he'd consider Cane Bay.
He can't do this year he has to pick vacation a year in advance. I'll look into Utila though, thanks.