PDA

View Full Version : quick question

chewyjr15
08-25-2007, 11:35
im looking at a veo wrist mount 180 if i use that do i still need a console with air pressure and depth guage? also how does the veo know the contents of the tank?

Miked
08-25-2007, 11:47
You'll need the pressure gauge, as the VEO is not air integrated.
You might also want the depth gauge as a "backup".
If by "contents" of the tank, you mean pressure-the VEO won't know that. (again, it is not AI.)
If by "contents" you mean a nitrox mix, that is information that you have to enter into the computer before the dive begins.

Please, before you buy the computer, get very familiar with what it can, and can't do.
You might want to check oceanic's website. IIRC, they have product manuals in PDF form.

Good luck,
Mike

Jaymeany
08-25-2007, 11:48
It's not air integrated so it doesn't tell you whats in the tank. Therefore you would need a console with an air gauge in it. they do make a console with that computer in it already just so you know. air you looking for air integrated or a console unit?

Jaymeany
08-25-2007, 11:49
he beat me to it.:smiley19:

chewyjr15
08-25-2007, 11:49
well how much more would an air integreated cost me?

Jaymeany
08-25-2007, 11:57
This is the least expensive on scubatoys
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=Atom2.0Computer
But you are going to want a backup console just to be redundant, well at least thats what I hear. I just use the console with a computer and a dive watch as backup.

chewyjr15
08-25-2007, 12:01
ok doean anyone know some one who is still carrying the veo 180 as i would want that as my main console?

Vercingetorix
08-25-2007, 12:52
ok doean anyone know some one who is still carrying the veo 180 as i would want that as my main console?Since you don't have a computer yet, permit me to suggest a wrist mount. I bought the Veo 250 as a console with SPG and compass. I moved the Veo and compass to wrist boots (bought from ST). The SPG is clipped to my hip D-ring.

Originally, my console dangled from a retractor. I am, and will remain, dangle-free. Wait...that didn't come out right...

You know what I mean.

Jaymeany
08-25-2007, 12:56
that depends on water temp.:smilie39:

I haven't had an issue with the dangle yet but i may go to wrists eventually. I like to have the option of just one thing. I dont want to run into "damn i forgot my compass". we'll see.