PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuit help 5' woman

kc2002
06-16-2009, 12:43
I need help in deciding on a wetsuit. I am 5' and weigh 115lbs, with curves. Any help with brands or other sugesstions will be appreciated. I am PADI OWD certified and plan to only dive warm waters, but I do get cold easily. I was cold even in an 80 degree pool during my training.

Shala
06-16-2009, 14:53
Im 5'2" and I use a 3mm Pinnicle Medium/Short, or a 5mm scubapro Med/short. If your wet suit is a bit long you can just fold it over you boots. check the size chart online to find the right one and then go to a dive shop and try it on before you order--if you can. They make kid sizes so I am sure you'll find something:smiley20:

Zenagirl
06-16-2009, 15:14
You could also go with a custom wetsuit from someone like Liquidskin.

hooligan
06-16-2009, 17:57
My wife is 5' and she also uses a Women's Medium Short Pinnacle Seal suit. It seems to work out well for her. I also have the men's Pinnacle Seal and love it.

navychop
06-16-2009, 22:31
"Waterproof" brand, now distributed by TUSA. Got a great one for my wife, she's 5'2" and they have proportions to fit a lot of petite women. Great looking suit too.

gNats
06-18-2009, 08:38
I need help in deciding on a wetsuit. I am 5' and weigh 115lbs, with curves. Any help with brands or other sugesstions will be appreciated. I am PADI OWD certified and plan to only dive warm waters, but I do get cold easily. I was cold even in an 80 degree pool during my training.

You are roughly the same size as me. I bought the Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm 2pc. If you are in warmer waters without much of a thermocline, the shorty can be worn alone. I get cold easily also. I dove a 5mm in Bonaire. LOL. Not sure where you are diving, but if there is a thermocline, a 3 or 5mm may not be enough for you.

I have only worn my suit 6 times; bought a drysuit almost immediately after completing OW. Other than some light fuzzing from sitting on the cement at the pool and the velcro, it is absolutely brand new looking. It has been hanging in my scuba locker in my basement since last October.

If you are interested in picking up Henderson's top of the line 7mm 2 pc at a really good price, drop me a private message. I hate to just have it hanging around and I am diving dry all year.

gNats

chocka
08-26-2009, 15:08
my sister-in-law uses BARE. she's 5' too. she said the fit is perfect.

dixonju
04-11-2010, 19:51
I'm 4'10 and 105lbs. I bought both the Bare Velocity 3/2 full and the Bare Elastek 3mm full. The velocity fit soooo well. The Elastek was a little big on me (Though I got a 6 in both). Pretty sure that size 6 is the smallest they carry, but do not worry as it fits a petite person just fine (I typically wear a 0 in normal sized clothes). You are a couple inches taller and I bet the Elastek would fit you nicely. I thought I would mention that I tried on a Pinnacle and it fit me too....but was not nearly as comfortable as either of the Bare suits. Love my Bare. I get cold very easily and have only been diving in warm waters (80+) ...the 3 mm has been doing me just fine. Having said that, I've stuck to 2/3 dives a day. If I was doing more I would go to a 5mm.