PDA

View Full Version : CSSP on the 19th

broncrider
06-16-2009, 14:41
Is anyone going out to CSSP on the 19th? My wife and I are planning on camping out friday and saturday.

Broncrider

Recon
06-16-2009, 18:12
You might be able to twist my arm, depending on if work or the wife is tring to twist the other arm, in a different direction. :) Send me a PM and I will give you my contact information. I have been itching to dive for the better part of 3 weeks now.

~Recon

LaCroix42
06-16-2009, 18:36
Blaze and I will be there on Friday for most of the day.

Recon
06-16-2009, 18:43
Are all you guys gonna be at the ST platform? If so, I will make my best attempt to be there.

~Recon

broncrider
06-16-2009, 19:42
If I can find the ST platform. It will be my wife and I's first trip to CSSP.

Broncrider

Recon
06-16-2009, 20:01
When you sign in, and drive in, head to the right, and follow the trail all the way until the end of the drive, on your left is the ST platform. FYI fills are 8 bucks, entry fee is 20 per diver, 10 for a non diver, and they do not have an ATM or anything out that way... the closest atm is at the exxon station a little over 7 miles away.

~Recon

broncrider
06-17-2009, 07:56
Great, I'm sure I can find it. Any advice on where the best place to set up camp is? somewhere close to a good entry for the water maybe. lots of shade too.

Broncrider

Recon
06-17-2009, 07:59
Never camped there, so I can't tell you where the softest patch of grass is, but you will have ample access to the water and to shade, heck, there is even a port-a-potty there... :) what else could you ask for? if you are in the mood to walk about 45 feet, you should have a great campsite, but again, I digress I have not camped there, so I am not 100% sure.

~Recon

broncrider
06-17-2009, 09:58
Well, I guess we can just find a good spot when we get there. I hope the vis is good. from all the posts it sounds as if it might be 20' or so.

Broncrider

loudgonzo
06-17-2009, 13:19
i might be out there Saturday 20th,
silver toyota tacoma

Recon
06-19-2009, 20:54
Hooked up with blaze and LaCroix today at CSSP (awesome ppl btw) and did a little diving. CSSP is still TOOOO cold for me, 7mm full Bare Artic and my dive computer says that I never went below 34 feet... basically cause when that cold water hits the top of my head and face.... it takes my darn breath away, in 19 minutes, I burned through 1400 psi... I need to figure out a better solution for staying warm, or just keep my dives to warmer more tropical areas. I may be out there again tomorrow, and will try diving with a 5mm hood and gloves also, but I just do not know if I am gonna be able to get to any decent depth in these waters :( really depressing to be honest. I guess that I just spent one to many tours in the desert sun.... :(

~Recon