PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Promo & Brigade???

Diver Kat
06-16-2009, 16:51
Was thinking of getting the DH a Brigade for Father's Day (he's been drooling over the idea for awhile, although his Escape is still in okay shape) ... but is it correct that the 30% Zeagle Anniversary promo doesn't apply to the Brigade?? :smiley19:

openhelix
06-16-2009, 17:03
That's correct since it's technically a ScubaToys exclusive product made by Zeagle it's not eligible for the promotion. Still, it's hard to beat the price at arounf $360! best Zeagle value out there (and cheaper than the Ranger with the 30% discount)

Coastie6
06-16-2009, 18:16
Got the same information when I went to order. But it is still a great deal and ST has put together may of the most desirable features on the Brigade at a great price.

FYI, the Scout is not included in the promo either.

Diver Kat
06-16-2009, 18:21
Yeah ... I guess it was too much to hope for an extra bonus on top of a price like that ...

Coastie6
06-16-2009, 18:46
Yeah ... I guess it was too much to hope for an extra bonus on top of a price like that ...

Yep. But I bet Dad will love that new Brigade in the Keys in a week!:smiley20:

Tiptopperoo
06-17-2009, 00:37
The Brigade is a great BCD, I have done 600plus dives in mine. The only thing I would say, is the Brigade is basically the Escape with bigger pockets. Why pay that much money just for that?
The reason I make this point is that you can't really do anything with the Brigade that you can't already with the Escape, and if he needs more space for storage, it would be cheaper to buy some of those techie overshorts or a strap-on pocket!

Diver Kat
06-20-2009, 16:22
The Brigade is a great BCD, I have done 600plus dives in mine. The only thing I would say, is the Brigade is basically the Escape with bigger pockets. Why pay that much money just for that?
The reason I make this point is that you can't really do anything with the Brigade that you can't already with the Escape, and if he needs more space for storage, it would be cheaper to buy some of those techie overshorts or a strap-on pocket!Actually, he was looking for a new BC as his Escape is getting pretty beat up, and it's hard to pass up Zeagle's 30% promotion. (He tried to talk me into a new Zena or Lazer, but I' not ready to retire my old Zena.) Since the Brigade doesn't fall under the Zeagle promo, he's moved on to the Stiletto instead. It's really a nicely beefed up Escape and it will end up cheaper than the Brigade after the 30% off. So he should be happily giving it it's first test run on Thursday in Key Largo!! :smiley20:

ScubaToys Larry
06-20-2009, 17:59
The only thing I would say, is the Brigade is basically the Escape with bigger pockets. Why pay that much money just for that?

Actually, no.... The escape uses the smaller shoulders and does not use the same back piece, so it would not be possible to upgrade the escape to larger bladders, etc.. in the future. The brigade is a ranger with a smaller bladder - so all the features of the ranger are built in, instead of the escape harness.