PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! First Dive Computer

openhelix
06-19-2009, 16:42
Well, not the first time I've dove with a computer but it is the first one I can call my own! I ordered an Oceanic VT3 from ST earlier this week and it arrived last night, a day early! The first thing I noticed is the manual is huge. I'm going to take some time this weekend to go through it cover to cover.

Any other VT3 owners out there? Any tips? :smiley20:

navyhmc
06-19-2009, 17:34
I have the VT3's little brother: The Geo.

Have fun and enjoy. I applaud your wanting to read the manual cover to cover. The first thing to do is nuderstand the displays and how to navigate betweeen them. One thing I did was work the computer as if I was diving including going through all the funstions that I wold need duringand after the dive. Some of the things such as downloading and all can be done later when you're actually done with your first dives.

plot
06-21-2009, 15:58
i have an atom 2.0 which is very similar. complicated until you figure it out, definitly read the manual. once you learn all it can do you'll love the thing. :)

downunder
06-21-2009, 22:15
I also have the Atom 2.0... Very nice computer but I have to agree on the complication. Just play with the menu's a lot before diving. I bought a second one for my son and now that my wife is in training, looks like maybe another call to Scubatoys in the near future as soon as I can scrape the cash up!

First thing I recommend is really checking out the manual like you mention.

Vegas
06-21-2009, 22:49
Congrats!
IMHO the VT3 is a great computer for recreational diving!

I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Probably you'll have no trouble with it once you get through
the manual, but if you get stuck on anything, you are welcome
to write to me, and maybe I can help steer you through it.

Have fun, and safe diving!