PDA

View Full Version : uggggggghhhhhhhhh

boates
06-23-2009, 16:06
so, I wiped a spot off the wall. Then decided the wall needed painting,,,,,,,,looked great. Suddenly the cieling looked gross,,,,,,,,,painted that,,,,,,,,,,which led into the hall and upstairs hall cielings. Well, then those walls looked gross........painted them. Now I'm happy,,,,,,,,,,,,wait now the livingroom paper looks gross........needs stripping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and here I am stripping........:smiley9: Will it ever end!!!:smiley5:

navyhmc
06-23-2009, 16:07
Nope, never ends! Small piece of advice: DON'T LOOK AT THE DRAPES!!!! (you looked didn't you?)

TRACI
06-23-2009, 16:12
Is is never ending. The more you renovate, the worse everything else looks.

DevilDiver
06-23-2009, 16:20
Have you tried chocolate and wine? :smiley36:

pafindr
06-23-2009, 17:09
Will the living room furniture match the walls now or will you have to change those too?

fire diver
06-23-2009, 17:17
It will end when you iether run out of money, or will to work.

New bookshelves in the office led to : new computer desk, new file cabinets, new desk chair, new paint (the fancy double color, washed effect that takes 10 times longer) and new blinds (the solid wood ones) Which led to the living room (paint, entertainment center, paintings, couch, more of those wood blinds, carpet and finally a new HD panel TV.

A pipe leak in the master bath lead to everything (sink, faucets, counter, tile floor, ripped out an new tile shower, new shower doors, new toilet, new paint (the !@#$!@#$ hard to blend sand-textured paint.

I dread the remake of the kitchen, or the recarpeting of the rest of the house.

No, it never ends.

DevilDiver
06-23-2009, 17:27
new paint (the !@#$!@#$ hard to blend sand-textured paint.

No, it never ends.

Thought you had enough of "sand texture". :smiley5:

Tassie Diver
06-23-2009, 18:01
Just go diving. The house will still be there when you get back... and if it's not, that's another good excuse to go diving!

mm2002
06-23-2009, 18:53
Paint everything the same color....then go diving. After all, a house is only a place to eat and sleep. Don't waste too much time or money on it. :smiley36:

Sansho
06-23-2009, 21:34
In a house, the knee bone's connected to the thigh bone ... start one thing, it leads to another to another .... I started replacing some rotten wood on the porch, and by the time I was done I think I rebuilt about half the porch!

fire diver
06-23-2009, 22:34

No, it never ends.

Yeah, I did all that stuff BEFORE playing in the worlds largest sandbox.

Recon
06-23-2009, 23:11

No, it never ends.

Yeah, I did all that stuff BEFORE playing in the worlds largest sandbox.

So that means that you do not have camel spider and sand flea paintings in your house? Man I wouldn't get rid of my camel spider painting for all the best viz in the great blue sea LOLOLOLOL

~Recon

Glub000
06-23-2009, 23:14
We built a brand new house 4 years ago and I've been remodeling it ever since.

boates
06-24-2009, 06:53
Will the living room furniture match the walls now or will you have to change those too?

yea, they .............oh,,, man!!!!:anim_chainsaw:

Miked
06-24-2009, 10:01
It IS a never ending cycle.
try keeping the lights low-then you won't notice as much, and, if somebody asks about the low light, you can claim that you're "going green".

UofTOrange
06-24-2009, 15:12
I just redid the custom shelves I built in my sons room. Things are never ending because everything can always be improved in my head

Skred
06-24-2009, 16:29
Which led to the living room (paint, entertainment center, paintings, couch, more of those wood blinds, carpet and finally a new HD panel TV.

I agree that remodeling takes on a life of its own, but if a living room redo leads to a new HD Flatscreen, it just might be well worth the effort! :smiley20:

scubadiver888
06-24-2009, 16:31
Took two years of back breaking work but I finally finished my place. Then I sold it. Now I'm looking for a new place to start the cycle again.

firemedic8082
06-24-2009, 19:34
Well there is a simple solution to all of that remodeling....if you were buying enough dive gear there wouldnt be enough money for all of that.

tk trekers
06-24-2009, 20:39
Took two years of back breaking work but I finally finished my place. Then I sold it. Now I'm looking for a new place to start the cycle again.

You know, I think they have programs for those types of addictions.

underh2o
06-24-2009, 22:46
dive and dive some more... relax put your priorities in place. DIVE first the remodel

Kyzzle
06-26-2009, 16:03
so, I wiped a spot off the wall. Then decided the wall needed painting,,,,,,,,looked great. Suddenly the cieling looked gross,,,,,,,,,painted that,,,,,,,,,,which led into the hall and upstairs hall cielings. Well, then those walls looked gross........painted them. Now I'm happy,,,,,,,,,,,,wait now the livingroom paper looks gross........needs stripping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and here I am stripping........:smiley9: Will it ever end!!!:smiley5:

:smilie39:

Hey Boates, I got this spot on MY wall.... would you mind taking a look at it??.........

bennerman
06-26-2009, 16:09
I have a hole in my drywall... if you look at my "Thanks ScubaToys!" thread, you can see it in the background of the last picture... how about you come take a look at that?

mm2002
06-26-2009, 18:45
Hey Boates, I got this spot on MY wall.... would you mind taking a look at it??.........

I have a hole in my drywall... if you look at my "Thanks ScubaToys!" thread, you can see it in the background of the last picture... how about you come take a look at that?

Not that I know positively, but I'm pretty sure that the original intent of this thread wasn't to generate posts such as these. :smiley36:
C'mon guys, help out a fellow diver with an addiction.

bennerman
06-26-2009, 19:00
No, we would much rather be enablers

navyhmc
06-26-2009, 19:38
And after looking at his posts for a bit too long and trying to help him out, I have pulled the yellow and black handle on bennerman and congratulate him on being the first and hopefully the last ST member to be put on my ignore list.

bennerman
06-26-2009, 19:42
What did I do? I did the same thing Kyzzle did. I know the other posts, but I have been trying to improve. And it was obviously a post in this thread that made you the most angry.

Kyzzle
06-26-2009, 20:52
What did I do? I did the same thing Kyzzle did. I know the other posts, but I have been trying to improve. And it was obviously a post in this thread that made you the most angry.

:smilie39:

If I were to jump off the top of a brigde...........!?

There is an unspoken rule in forum etiquette.... that you can't flame the new guy!! Besides, Navy and I are both in Kansas.... kind of a brotherhood, if you will... and your... well... north of the border. Plus your better off if you learn from my mistakes!:smiley2:

Besides, I have the same disorder Boates has.... That's why I just leave that spot alone.... I know better than to open Pandora's Box!!!:smiley2:

So like everyone else says Boates.... just go dive, dive, dive!!!

bennerman
06-26-2009, 20:54
To de-derail this thread. Boates, a happy home makes a happy you. If you want your house redone, do it, otherwise, don't, simple as that :)