PDA

View Full Version : Video light to take photos

palatulog
06-25-2009, 19:53
Can I use a video light for taking photos? I'm looking at Ikelite LED pro-v8, 15w. When I went night diving, people were flashing on a subject while I took pictures from my sony p200. I did not use my camera flash. The pictures seem okay.

Does the flash from a strobe scare away the underwater wildlife like fishes and turtles?

DevilDiver
06-28-2009, 16:59
Not going to do you much good, may work for close up fish portraits and macro. Suggested retail is $250, you could get a strobe like the YS-17 for around the same and it would work a lot better for photography.

No, the strobe usually does not scare the fish but divers do....

scubarobin
06-30-2009, 11:25
Can I use a video light for taking photos? I'm looking at Ikelite LED pro-v8, 15w. When I went night diving, people were flashing on a subject while I took pictures from my sony p200. I did not use my camera flash. The pictures seem okay.

Does the flash from a strobe scare away the underwater wildlife like fishes and turtles?

see my reply in video forum.

jugglematt
07-03-2009, 04:13
i have actually tried this method,

end result i found out it has limited use and i went out and purchaced a strobe .

you will need a strobe with modeling light included,like inon z240 or d2000 or sea&sea ys90dx

Matt