PDA

View Full Version : Auto log out

Kyzzle
06-26-2009, 13:11
Since becoming a member last week I have been doing lots of reading thru lots of the threads here.... Lotsa great info! Here's the deal: I log in, I find a thread, start reading, then after a certain amount time... don't know how long to be exact, next thing I know I am logged out. I'm sure its due to inactivity on my part while reading... but is there a way that I can adjust this? Or do I need to read faster?

pafindr
06-26-2009, 13:24
I don't have that problem. I shut down my computer at night and when I restart my browser this forum is one of the sites that starts up already logged in.
Maybe checking the "Remember me" box at log in is the reason.

scubadiver888
06-26-2009, 13:38
When I log in there is an option to 'remember me'. I use that and never have to log in (at least from my home computer).

If you don't want to use the remember me featuer, if you don't tell the server you want to stay logged in forever it will end your session after a timeout period. You need to send something to the server so it knows you are still there. Pressing Refresh (F5) should send something to the server while you are reading.

navyhmc
06-26-2009, 14:26
Warning!!! <==is not a computer geek/expert, can barely turn it on1

I use the "remember me" selection and have not had a problem. It could be within your internet explorer options as well.

Kyzzle
06-26-2009, 14:44
yes I use that "remember me" feature, and I also have an Identity Safe program that stores all my log ins for all my different sites. However, I have never run into this issue on any other site or with my program before. (it was installed from manufacturer on pc) It is remembering my log in and pw in the little box thing, but it just isn't keeping me logged in very long... thats why I wondered if there was some setting on this site in particular. It isn't all that big a deal, just a click of the mouse, but in this technology age, I have become spoiled...... and lazy. Just the biggest inconvenience when you read a couple of pages then post a reply, hit send, then it takes you to the log in page. Thankfully, this site still retains all the information I typed after logging in again!:smiley20: So I can live with that...was just curious.

bennerman
06-26-2009, 14:58
Is your browser accepting cookies?

Kyzzle
06-26-2009, 15:53
Is your browser accepting cookies?

Yes....chocolate chip and Oreo's. Gotta have milk too, though.:smiley36:

But I do have cookies turned on... but I don't think that would make me log out tho'...? But I am no computer geek either. NOT that you ARE a geek.... but saying that if you WERE a geek of computers, there wouldn't be anything wrong with that... unless you didn't like being called a computer geek.... then I would apologize for calling you a geek.... Not a geek in general, but of the computer variety.... however, I am not calling you geek in general either so I apologize for that... How bout computer NERD...? Unless you are offended by.............

Aargh!!......How bout you just pass me a cookie! Thanks for the help!

bennerman
06-26-2009, 16:00
No, if cookies are off it would be a problem. If cookies are on, then I don't know what the problem is

Kyzzle
06-26-2009, 16:20
No, if cookies are off it would be a problem. If cookies are on, then I don't know what the problem is

See... that's why I not a computer gee.......... let's not go thru that again! Boy, I hope you have sense of humor! Just having fun...:smiley20:

You know what's sad is... I thought I was this pretty cool, hip and happenin' guy.... but now I find myself going to my 12 yr old son, so he can show me how to work things on my computer.....
I used to be able to beat him at video games too, now I am the old fuddy duddy who gets double teamed by him and his friends.... and ....and.... they laugh at me......

I will check the cookies tho Benn..... Thnks for the tip!

scubadiver888
06-26-2009, 16:28

See... that's why I not a computer gee.......... let's not go thru that again! Boy, I hope you have sense of humor! Just having fun...:smiley20:

You know what's sad is... I thought I was this pretty cool, hip and happenin' guy.... but now I find myself going to my 12 yr old son, so he can show me how to work things on my computer.....
I used to be able to beat him at video games too, now I am the old fuddy duddy who gets double teamed by him and his friends.... and ....and.... they laugh at me......

Yeah but lets see your son balance a check book or figure out how to feed a family of six on a budget. :smiley2:

I remember being a kid and laughing at my dad because he could remember things I could. Now I realized how little I knew and how many OTHER more important things my dad did know.

Some day your son will be there too.

bennerman
06-26-2009, 18:39

Yeah but lets see your son balance a check book or figure out how to feed a family of six on a budget. :smiley2:

I remember being a kid and laughing at my dad because he could remember things I could. Now I realized how little I knew and how many OTHER more important things my dad did know.

Some day your son will be there too.

Are you kidding? I can feed myself on $7.50 a day, I would just have to multiply!

gee
06-26-2009, 22:40
I can't help you with your log out issue Kyzzle but, your avatar is making me very thirsty!
:fulle:

Since becoming a member last week I have been doing lots of reading thru lots of the threads here.... Lotsa great info! Here's the deal: I log in, I find a thread, start reading, then after a certain amount time... don't know how long to be exact, next thing I know I am logged out. I'm sure its due to inactivity on my part while reading... but is there a way that I can adjust this? Or do I need to read faster?

Kyzzle
06-27-2009, 00:07
I can't help you with your log out issue Kyzzle but, your avatar is making me very thirsty!
:fulle:

Lol... CHEERS my friend! Drink away!:drankere: