PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Get Back On Her Good Side

Vercingetorix
08-25-2007, 20:26
The scenario: You just pissed off your wife/girlfriend/SO. It is your fault; there was no misunderstanding.

Complete this sentence: To get back on her good side I ______________

Explain as much or little as you need.

Jaymeany
08-25-2007, 20:33
buy flowers, and make a nice dinner grab a nice reisling for her. Apologize during dinner and explain that the glitter was from Candy and i know its wrong but you have to see what she can do with......ah what do you mean there are sheets in the closet. Ok everything after dinner I wouldn't do.

dmdoss
08-26-2007, 01:20
:smiley2:eat it.

thesmoothdome
08-26-2007, 01:24
take her to papa new guinea? buy her UFC 75? wait...that's free. go with Papa New Guinea

dmdoss
08-26-2007, 01:40
No really. Ive been married for 17 yrs, I learned early on that I was never going to win an argument. Even if I was right, I was still going to loose. So I just dont piss her off. And in the rare event I do, take her to a Nascar race. That buys me atleast a year of mistakes.

Jaymeany
08-26-2007, 05:37
Ah the quandary of the world:

Man gets mad at woman.
Woman gets mad at man for getting mad.
Man apologizes to woman then wonders "how the hell did that happen"

JugglingMonkeys
08-26-2007, 06:19
Spend some time with her.

Showing her some attention goes a long way.

Phestr
08-26-2007, 07:03
Oh, you guys are gonna hate my answer...

Give up a couple weekends of diving to do whatever she wants.

tonka97
08-26-2007, 08:21

Turn her over.:smiley20:

DivingsInMyBlood
08-26-2007, 08:28
flowers for small things, dinner for bigger things ( sometimes good with flowers) and for really big screw ups a clothes shopping spree, however women are a smart bunch and dont always fall for it, otherwise you be buying them things all the time.

turn her over lol.

Vercingetorix
08-26-2007, 08:39
...make her laugh.

Just yesterday, I had failed to perform some function at home. While I was out and about, she calls me on the cell and begins to start in. I started using humor to to turn it. After about a minute, she's laughing and tells me "You better be glad I'm laughing; otherwise, I'd be realy pissed."

DivingsInMyBlood is right; she's smart and knows what I'm doing. The girl's in love with me; so, I get away with stuff. I'm in love with her; so, she DEFINATELY gets away with far more.

Turn her over That's just wrong...funny, but wrong.

Theepdinker
08-26-2007, 20:20
Piss off the wife again.:Surrender:
I take her diving.
All is forgiven.
I got such a tough life.:smilie39:

Theep

Bill22
08-27-2007, 06:42
The scenario: You just pissed off your wife/girlfriend/SO. It is your fault; there was no misunderstanding.

hmmm..... I knew there was a reason, I've opted to be single :-)

cgvmer
08-27-2007, 06:49
I wait till the nuclear eruption is over, then take care of activities she normally is stuck doing with the kids (like running all over town for practice)

Or if I'm really in deep s__t, I make sure her computer is screwed up again and fix it for her when she asks....but that's just too sneaky.

Krakenn
08-27-2007, 06:56
I stand in at 6foot and you could put an axe handle across my shoulders.
My wife is 5 foot 2 and weighs in at 85lbs.

What do you think I do when the old girl tells me off ............

Yep, I run!

Kraks

94GTStang
08-27-2007, 08:08
Flowers, say sorry, sit and talk with her....

Damn... if you listen carefully you can hear the whip cracking...

Vercingetorix
08-27-2007, 08:16
hmmm..... I knew there was a reason, I've opted to be singleHowever, you DO DATE and, from time to time, have that Significant Other.

You cannot evade the question. Confession is good for the soul. Give it up, my man.

My wife is 5 foot 2 and weighs in at 85lbs.I don't know why, but i thought you were single, Kraks. So you ARE one of us.

Damn... if you listen carefully you can hear the whip cracking...You're into S&M? Or, did I misinterpret something:smiley36:

h2odragon1
08-27-2007, 08:38
Remind her of all her bonehead mistakes.
Of course that may start a new argument.

greyzen
08-27-2007, 09:19
I admit that I screwed up and apologize...

When that doesn't work.. I pout

Vercingetorix
08-27-2007, 09:34
My wife is 5 foot 2 and weighs in at 85lbs.

What do you think I do when the old girl tells me off ............

Yep, I run!

KraksMan up nancy-boy!!!

Do what the rest of us REAL men do. Plant your feet. Set your jaw. Look her square in the eye.

And grovel for forgiveness.:smiley36:

greyzen
08-27-2007, 10:12
Man up nancy-boy!!!

Do what the rest of us REAL men do. Plant your feet. Set your jaw. Look her square in the eye.

And grovel for forgiveness.:smiley36:

:smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smiley32:

Dude, I was drinkin coffee... now I'm snorting the stuff

Bill22
08-27-2007, 10:46
hmmm..... I knew there was a reason, I've opted to be singleHowever, you DO DATE and, from time to time, have that Significant Other.

You cannot evade the question. Confession is good for the soul. Give it up, my man.

I just refuse to fight with them. If they get mad about something stupid or irritate me, I just don't talk to them till they get over it :-). If it really is my fault, then I will tell them I'm sorry and sweet talk them a little, maybe buy them some flowers. But I refuse to cop to something that isn't my fault and if they try that kind of nonsense, I drop them. That's the beauty of being single.... you can always say "Next!" :-)

mulefeathers
08-28-2007, 10:16
You just have to live under the 5 5 5 rules:

She has 5 minutes to tell me what I did wrong....

I have 5 minutes to tell her why I did it...

She then has 5 minutes to get over it.

thor
08-28-2007, 10:48
If it's truly my fault. I just apologize. And she just accepts it and we move on with our life. 10 years of marriage, we have it down to a science now. When we were first married, it was more like Bill22's attitude, and that just created more problems. I try not to do anything that would require me to buy expensive jewelry as a peace offering.

Vercingetorix
08-28-2007, 10:53
I try not to do anything that would require me to buy expensive jewelry as a peace offering.FTW. :smiley32:

Bill22
08-29-2007, 12:41
If it's truly my fault. I just apologize. And she just accepts it and we move on with our life. 10 years of marriage, we have it down to a science now. When we were first married, it was more like Bill22's attitude, and that just created more problems. I try not to do anything that would require me to buy expensive jewelry as a peace offering.

It's really about equal treatment. Of course I would and do apologize if it's my fault (I think I mentioned that :-)). The problem arises when women don't want to admit when THEY are wrong. They are just as capable of mistakes as men are, but to many of them don't want to admit it.

scubasavvy
08-29-2007, 12:54

Utterly brilliant.

mm_dm
08-29-2007, 13:12
If I screw up I apologize right away and get that over with. It's really not a big deal to me to admit it when I'm wrong. I like the air nice and clear anyway. However, in apologizing, like in a traffic stop, it's best to admit only to those crimes you have been accused of:)

Flatliner
08-29-2007, 13:13

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: Dude, you MUST be single, (If not now, later...)

Vercingetorix
08-29-2007, 13:14
It's really about equal treatment. Of course I would and do apologize if it's my fault (I think I mentioned that :-)). The problem arises when women don't want to admit when THEY are wrong. They are just as capable of mistakes as men are, but to many of them don't want to admit it.I think most people don't want to admit to error, not just women.

ertechsg
08-29-2007, 13:15
If I had to I'd just turn the tv up louder ...but I also have a perfect relationship 17yr never fight... lol

Vercingetorix
08-29-2007, 13:18
If I had to I'd just turn the tv up louder ...but I also have a perfect relationship 17yr never fight... lolSo, she's seething below the surface.:smiley36:

How soundly do you sleep at night and does she have access to the kitchen knives?:smiley36:

scubasamurai
08-29-2007, 14:29
if your asking that kind of question, than it is too late. kiss the diving career good bye or worst yet. i find letting them cool their jets for awhile and that taking her out for a nice dinner, by the water of course always work.

unclepooty
08-29-2007, 14:40
Give a little time, say sorry, and try to make her laugh.

scarlet&gray nut
08-29-2007, 15:12
I have to let her be mad for a while. Then I tell her I am sorry. It’s worked for 27 years

Black-Gorrilla
08-29-2007, 18:13
ride out the storm and hope for clear skies up ahead!

dludwig
08-29-2007, 20:17
you can't tell if she's mad if she ain't talking to you :smilie39:

TopSully
08-31-2007, 14:35
until she starts speaking to me again. one day or three, whatever it takes.

DivingCRNA
08-31-2007, 15:28

...just wait for her to forget about/get over it.

Isn't there a man law against apologies?

Krakenn
08-31-2007, 19:20
Somebody already said roll her over didnt they?

Kraks

CrzyJay456
08-31-2007, 19:23
stay off the bad side, and there wont be a need to get back on the good one!!!

Bill22
09-01-2007, 10:36
[/QUOTE]...just wait for her to forget about/get over it.
Isn't there a man law against apologies?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there must be :-)) I AGREE!! I'm just not going to apologize for something if I didn't do anything wrong. Course if we REALLY did do something wrong then WE should be MAN enough to apologize ;-)

plot
09-01-2007, 10:51
threaten to break up with her.

Vercingetorix
09-04-2007, 18:22
stay off the bad side, and there wont be a need to get back on the good one!!!Such innocent naivete.

CrzyJay, you cannot HELP but get on her bad side. In 55 years, I've been married too many times and known too many women to know that you will be on her bad side. It cannot be stopped...kinda like the sun rising in the east.

What is worse, of course, is that you WILL NOT KNOW that you have some making up to do. You must read her mind. And don't think that a simple "I'm sorry" will suffice. She wil look you in the eye wth The Look and ask "What are you apologizing for? What act specifically?" If you cannot answer,...well, let's just say...it's not pretty.:smiley36:

So young...so naive...
:smilie39:

Bill22
09-04-2007, 18:36
stay off the bad side, and there wont be a need to get back on the good one!!!Such innocent naivete.

CrzyJay, you cannot HELP but get on her bad side. In 55 years, I've been married too many times and known too many women to know that you will be on her bad side. It cannot be stopped...kinda like the sun rising in the east.

What is worse, of course, is that you WILL NOT KNOW that you have some making up to do. You must read her mind. And don't think that a simple "I'm sorry" will suffice. She wil look you in the eye wth The Look and ask "What are you apologizing for? What act specifically?" If you cannot answer,...well, let's just say...it's not pretty.:smiley36:

So young...so naive...
:smilie39:

This is SO TRUE!!!! :-))

wxboy911
09-04-2007, 19:19
Big apology, dinner and flowers...remind her we are all human and wait. Sometimes its a longer wait than other but its hard for her to stay really mad.

kingfish
09-05-2007, 06:07
turn her over...haha what a pisser!

She said what are you laughing at...hmm i said....just a joke

Flowers is how i get back on the good side.

Jas.

GDiver
09-05-2007, 08:55
I have to let her be mad for a while. Then I tell her I am sorry. Itís worked for 27 years

That's my system. Seems to work most of the time, except when its that "special time" of the month. Then I follow the lead of the old monastery monks and take a vow of silence until the "evil" passes.:smiley22:

divingmedic
09-05-2007, 10:52

Grovel, kiss butt what ever it takes. I learned years ago that I am always wrong. So the best thing to say is "Yes Dear, your right and I am wrong"

Suther2136
09-05-2007, 12:09
Just remember, when your driving down the road and see a beautiful woman walking by, there are at least ten guys out there who are tired of her crap. So stay where you are and work it out.

Vercingetorix
09-08-2007, 17:36
So, the consensus seems to be "wait it out. but, to expedite the process, flowers or trinkets may be of value"

Krakenn
09-08-2007, 21:07
Yeah wait it out till she turns 40 then it time for payback!

Kraks

Vercingetorix
09-09-2007, 09:33
Yeah wait it out till she turns 40 then it time for payback!Naw...ya just trade her in for two twenty-year-old models.:smilie39:

//yes...sometimes I can be a sexist pig, too.

mrbheagney
09-04-2008, 19:12
force feed chocolate

bubble-head
09-10-2008, 10:51
Normally just spending time with her will do it.

sravin1
09-10-2008, 12:34
hey I just apologise and she understands (most of the time). you know what, my wife apologises to me too. If i have been on the receiving end for an extended period of time, I get an apology after an hour or so.

Am I lucky or what???????

Warren
09-10-2008, 16:56
To get back on her good side I apologize, tell that I am a terrible husband and that she deserves better, tell her what a lucky man I am to be with her, shed a few quick tears and then enjoy all the rewards of a successful guilt trip on her for making me feel like such a little insignificant man... :smilie39:

hooligan
09-10-2008, 19:46
My wife always asks me, "what were you thinking!?!?!?" when I do something wrong. I try telling her the truth... "I don't think, I just do." Usually doesn't go over well. But if I give her a glass or two of her favorite wine, all is forgiven. I just make sure to have the wine rack stocked for such emergencies. Oh and doing something to make her laugh usually speeds up the forgivness process.

DollFin
09-10-2008, 23:52
There are actually some of us gals out there who prefer a sincere apology and an attempt at resolving the situation to being "bought" with flowers or jewelry. (Wonder if admitting that will make me need to turn in my "chick card").

hooligan
09-11-2008, 01:17
There are actually some of us gals out there who prefer a sincere apology and an attempt at resolving the situation to being "bought" with flowers or jewelry. (Wonder if admitting that will make me need to turn in my "chick card").

We can't offer a sincere apology if we don't THINK we did anything wrong... And getting a guy to think at all is quite a task all in itself.

dewayne405
09-17-2008, 08:30
Things had been a bit rough around here, so I finally resorted to buying her a brand new reg setup... SP MK17/G250V... She is truly happy and content...

But God help me if she finds the new AR15 that I picked up yesterday, or checks my bank account and sees the purchase, not too mention the new tonneau cover for the Z71... I'll be buying her own dive boat and crew...

RnSdiver
09-17-2008, 11:56
You better make sure the crew is Buff and good looking if you bought a AR-15

megzuwo
09-17-2008, 12:23
Things had been a bit rough around here, so I finally resorted to buying her a brand new reg setup... SP MK17/G250V... She is truly happy and content...

But God help me if she finds the new AR15 that I picked up yesterday, or checks my bank account and sees the purchase, not too mention the new tonneau cover for the Z71... I'll be buying her own dive boat and crew...

Yes, sneaking into the 'gents' section of this--but hell! I need to date a diver with a checking account! Or just a large credit card! I can find things to get angry about, easily!

Ha, and one last comment in the 'man law' sector: Oh how many of you are naiive!!! We aren't that difficult! But the "5" rule? Pa-hahahaha-haha. Don't ever try to put an argument on a time schedule, you're asking for pain!

riverrat
09-18-2008, 04:49
hahahahahahahahahaha The best one yet! Roll over

thanksforallthefish
09-18-2008, 05:07
Well it depends on how deep the pile is, it could mean anything from just taking her for a single dive up to a diving holiday .... oh how I have to suffer

iowdivnut
10-13-2008, 08:09
It doesn't matter what I do She'll stay pissed off until I buy something new from ST and then she can stay pissed off!!LOL!!!

gNats
10-13-2008, 13:57
I am with you DollFin. I surrender my chick card now.

In many cases, the "bad side" is because I have felt undermined or undervalued in the relationship. I would much rather you listen to my point of view with your full attention and try to understand my perspective on why I felt slighted, rather than feed me full of some calorie laden meal and provide me with false expectations that you 1) heard and 2) gave a damn!

monant
10-14-2008, 06:53
Eat chili and caggage for lunch and dinner. When you go to bed, hold her head under the covers and tell her she can't come out until she's not mad anymore.

Disclaimer: I'm on my third wife.

beperkins
10-16-2008, 09:50
Some of you guys said that you bought her scuba gear to make her happy. OMG I wish it were that simple with my wife. She thinks that all scuba gear whether it is hers or mine is for me. (WHich I guess is the truth seeing as how some of her stuff is my old stuff:smiley2:)

nikefreekz
10-16-2008, 10:17
hahaha, you seemed to be describing my situation! my wife complain big time about how i'm dumping what i didn't want to her :-)

Suther2136
10-16-2008, 19:35
When you mess up own up and move on. Save the flowers for no reason at all, just when you're thinking of her! I brought flowers home once and my daughter said "What did you do to my mommy?" To which my wife replied "Daddy doesn't bring flowers when he's bad". That's how to treat your woman. Girls?

northfrisian
10-16-2008, 19:48
I just stay on her bad side, it's so much easier.

shawnwill36
10-22-2008, 18:46
say "woman your better act right before you get smacked right"! then back hand er. lol seriously, im 37 and single so im not really qualified to answer this one