PDA

View Full Version : Ladies We Need To Unite

scuba Widow
08-25-2007, 20:38
Ladies,
We need to unite...I don't know if you have gone into the Man Laws board lately....but they are talking about putting down the toilet seat and how they shouldn't have to I say the hell they don't we have to put up with all of their stupid man things around the house the least they can do is put the seat down...not only are they bashing us about the seat but also about not putting gas in the car...I don't know about you ladies but I put my own gas in and if my truck is on empty it is because he drove past the station last time he drove my truck last...and on the same point they are also complaining about having to readjust the mirrors and seats to fit them when it is our car to begin with...I always have to readjust the mirrors and seat and radio after finflippers drives my truck...Is that fair?

scuba Widow
08-25-2007, 20:58
exactly...I thought about going into the Man Laws and posting...but you know how touchy they can be...lol

scubak
08-25-2007, 21:00
Yeah...and they're always in our forum and we don't say anything at all!... lol.

quarrydiver
08-25-2007, 21:03
Just for the record (crashing the women's issues) if one lifts the seat, they should put the thing back. That's why we use the shower.

tx.lakerat
08-25-2007, 21:06
can't crash the man laws... they can be so touchy....

YellowfinKunkfish
08-25-2007, 21:09
I FINALLY got my van back last week. Kory's been driving it, because the air conditioning was out on HIS van. He finally got it fixed, and I got my van back. The gas was on E, it was full of dirt, stains, and trash. He left all his junk in it, it was stinky, I had to adjust the seat, had to adjust all the mirrors, AND had to reset the radio station. I have to say though, that he did go out and clean the carpet. (shampoo and everything) I did feel better after that. And while he had it, he did get the windshield fixed. What am I complaining about anyway? I guess my post really didn't help much, I'll try to think about something to really complain about, and come back later.:smiley5:

cgvmer
08-25-2007, 21:11
Don't you unite every time you go to the ladies room in a pack?

scuba Widow
08-25-2007, 21:16
I FINALLY got my van back last week. Kory's been driving it, because the air conditioning was out on HIS van. He finally got it fixed, and I got my van back. The gas was on E, it was full of dirt, stains, and trash. He left all his junk in it, it was stinky, I had to adjust the seat, had to adjust all the mirrors, AND had to reset the radio station. I have to say though, that he did go out and clean the carpet. (shampoo and everything) I did feel better after that. And while he had it, he did get the windshield fixed. What am I complaining about anyway? I guess my post really didn't help much, I'll try to think about something to really complain about, and come back later.:smiley5:

No problem...the guys are beginning to chime in now...but we knew that would happen...didn't we?

Liv7301
08-25-2007, 21:47
Yes, because we can't talk about them without them having to come over and snoop and "get all up in our business."

My husband is very good about putting the seat down. When it comes to mirrors and seat adjustments in the car we just leave them for the other to fix, because if we tried to put them back we probably wouldn't put them in right place anyway.

scuba Widow
08-25-2007, 21:49
I do have to say to that finflippers to is very good about the seat and the gas but the car seat and mirrors are a definite issue, but it is not fair of the men to bash us women either, like they have no faults.

ixrayu
08-25-2007, 22:09
Scuba Widow... Didn't you know that men are perfect?! HA!!!!
I live with 2 my husband and 17 year old son. They tell me allthe time about how perfect they are!! BTW, I was up in your neck of the woods today at the Bass Pro Shop in Seiverville!

scuba Widow
08-25-2007, 22:12
Scuba Widow... Didn't you know that men are perfect?! HA!!!!
I live with 2 my husband and 17 year old son. They tell me allthe time about how perfect they are!! BTW, I was up in your neck of the woods today at the Bass Pro Shop in Seiverville!

I keep forgetting...but I am sure that finflippers will remind me again...that is cool that you were up this way today the Bass Pro Shop is cool here...Did you buy something cool?

ixrayu
08-25-2007, 22:18
Just a collared dress shirt. Gary ended up with 5 t-shirts (he loves them for work), Hannah of course racked up with a hat, t-shirt, candy and toy bird that chirps!

scuba Widow
08-25-2007, 22:19
Cool...were you guys on vacation?

ixrayu
08-25-2007, 22:27
Nope. We only live about 2 hours from Seiverville. If you look at the map, we live in northeast AL where AL, GA and TN all meet.
Our anniversary is tomorrow and somehow this ended up as my anniversary trip. I think I got cheated?! A quick one day trip!!! Because Gary decided that he didn't want to leave Hannah.

scuba Widow
08-25-2007, 22:34
Nope. We only live about 2 hours from Seiverville. If you look at the map, we live in northeast AL where AL, GA and TN all meet.
Our anniversary is tomorrow and somehow this ended up as my anniversary trip. I think I got cheated?! A quick one day trip!!! Because Gary decided that he didn't want to leave Hannah.

Typical man wanting to get out cheap...Brent and I were married 1 week before Christmas and he worked for a company in Florida that always had their Christmas party in Tampa at a big nice hotel the same week as our anniversary so guess what I got for my anniversary every year....but I will have to say the Christmas bonus was nice...but also keep in mind that my birthday is two days after Christmas so you tell me who gets cheated....Happy Anniversary to you both!!! and it was nice of him to think about Hannah not many men would.

dallasdivergirl
08-25-2007, 23:15
I live alone & I have the only keys to my car.

I have none of these problems.

I will say the ex never drove my car & always left the seat down.

Charlotte Smith
08-25-2007, 23:46
They whine and chime as much or more than us....I know...I used to run an all male crew in our business and ladies....the things they tell other guys about us is ridiculous!

Queen
08-26-2007, 06:21
They whine and chime as much or more than us....I know...I used to run an all male crew in our business and ladies....the things they tell other guys about us is ridiculous!

Did you notice how our forum is mostly about general topics that interest us (except the ones started by guys), and theirs is mostly about how bad women are? Hmmmm.

Love that "opt out" feature...now I don't even have to see their forum! :smiley32:

Cheddarchick
08-26-2007, 07:23
After 32 years of wedded bliss, Cheddarguy always leaves the seat down.....

Disneymom
08-27-2007, 08:34
no complaints - seat is almost always down at my house. No biggie if it's not on occasion.

Dee
08-27-2007, 15:01
I may get expelled but I've never understood the whole seat up/seat down thing. What's the big deal with lowering the seat? It's not that hard. And the argument I've heard about falling in the toilet in the middle of the night doesn't hold water...turn on the light or feel to see if the lid is up. Women...we're smarter than that!!!

Who made the rule in favor of women? How about the guys who have to raise it every time AND remember to lower it back down or else they'll catch grief? That seems double unfair....they raise AND lower it and women don't touch it at all. What's fair about that?

If we want to take a stand, let's make it the no gas thing. Now THAT one makes sense! I keep my car full of gas, especially making sure I have a full tank on the weekend. Then Beast decides to play golf and takes my car because it has A/C. And he'll usually go again on Sunday morning, usually to a course WAY across Houston. By the end of the weekend, after all his running around, the gas light is on and he just parks the car. I think the least he can do is fill it up! I can generally make a tank of gas last me 2 weeks unless we take a road trip on the weekend.

Cheddarchick
08-27-2007, 15:18
Dee, The problem with touching it is....uh.....we have better aim....They should have to touch it....

Foo2
08-27-2007, 15:22
Several years back...Fooman2 & I watched some kind of show that showed all the disgusting germs that are spread whe the toilet is flushed with the lid up.....it was soooooo gross! From that point on, we both lower the lid on the toilet when we are done so neither of us can complain about the seat. We both have to lift something to go to the potty. Plus...it's safer with the baby, so that he doesn't decide to take a swim...

dallasdivergirl
08-27-2007, 15:30
Several years back...Fooman2 & I watched some kind of show that showed all the disgusting germs that are spread whe the toilet is flushed with the lid up.....it was soooooo gross! From that point on, we both lower the lid on the toilet when we are done so neither of us can complain about the seat. We both have to lift something to go to the potty. Plus...it's safer with the baby, so that he doesn't decide to take a swim...

See Foo2, that makes total sense to me. Thanks for sharing. In my case it keeps the dogs from thinking it's a water fountain.

ixrayu
08-27-2007, 16:39
My point is the aim thing. Of course, I was accusing Gary of peeing in the bathroom floor right in front of the toliet. I told him it was not as big as he thought it was, get closer to the toliet. But it was Hannah ( our 3 year old). She was getting up before she was finished. I had to apologize on that one.

Liv7301
08-27-2007, 21:09
In college I had an apartment with two male roommates and we had to have discussion one night. Someone wasn't close enough and at the end of finishing their stand up business was leaving a dribble in front of the commode. As someone without the appropriate plumbing I declared myself not guilty and told them to fix it. They took care of it and I was most grateful.

Queen
08-27-2007, 21:28
This may just be a theory that I have, but has anybody ever thought of why men actually have to lift the seat....I mean really. They can hold, point, and shoot...shouldn't they have better aim? I can understand if it's dark in the middle of the night and they're tired...but really.

Good point! Given the dimensions, it's like throwing a marble at the Grand Canyon...and missing.

Liv7301
08-27-2007, 22:05
Yes, I greatly question their efforts.

Or lack thereof.

It's a hole. How hard is it?

greyzen
08-28-2007, 08:56
It's throwing a marble, at the grand canyon, when your sites are 4 miles up and 500 feet back from the target!

Dunno if you gals have noticed, but we aren't exactly able to sight those things in from a prone position or anything!

Disneymom
08-28-2007, 09:09
How hard is it? They can kill a deer with a rifle from 100 yards away - hit it in the heart, for God's sake! But not hit a target 2 feet away? Go figure. :dunno:

cgvmer
08-28-2007, 09:18
So we are all far sighted!

greyzen
08-28-2007, 09:30
How hard is it? They can kill a deer with a rifle from 100 yards away - hit it in the heart, for God's sake! But not hit a target 2 feet away? Go figure. :dunno:
I believe you are forgetting that when we hit the deer from 200yrds away... we are laying on our stomaches... or sitting in a blind and the rifle is on our shoulder and we're looking down the barrel.

Now, I'm not one to brag... but even *I* can't manage that in our current discussion :smilie39:

And as another note, if I could, I would rule the world :)

Harshal
08-28-2007, 10:27
I think some ladies complained to Larry that guys hang out too much in Women’s issue and Larry created Men’s section.

Now what happens there I can’t help on that ……………..lol
:smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39:

greyzen
08-28-2007, 11:03
I think some ladies complained to Larry that guys hang out too much in Women’s issue and Larry created Men’s section.

Now what happens there I can’t help on that ……………..lol
:smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39:

Just defending my guys and our right to pee! :smilie39:

Liv7301
08-28-2007, 22:39
Just defending my guys and our right to pee! :smilie39:

You may pee all you like and I will defend to the death your right to do it. :smiley2:

It's just a where and how issue that we have.

Dee
09-01-2007, 00:56
Dee, The problem with touching it is....uh.....we have better aim....They should have to touch it....
But....if the lid is raised, it shouldn't have gotten wet, right? If you are touching something wet on the seat, it's yours! :smilie39: I totally understand about their dribble factor. So if it's their aim and the mess on the front of the bowl and puddled on the floor that's the real problem, then I'm with ya!