PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Service Reminder

chicken
06-28-2009, 07:28
Is anyone using software to track their equipment and when service is due? I have six regulators and three computers all bought at different times but all with lifetime parts warranties if they are kept within the service intervals +/- one month.

I am looking for something similar to the reminders you get with microsoft outlook so I can keep my gear within the warranty parameters.

in_cavediver
06-28-2009, 07:36
Is anyone using software to track their equipment and when service is due? I have six regulators and three computers all bought at different times but all with lifetime parts warranties if they are kept within the service intervals +/- one month.

I am looking for something similar to the reminders you get with microsoft outlook so I can keep my gear within the warranty parameters.

If you use UNIX, there is the calendar function that will send you e-mail on days you specify.

navyhmc
06-28-2009, 07:38
I send my regs in for service in December and the tanks in for VIP, etc in Jan. That way they are ready to go for the season. Diving starts Late Feb, Early Mar with the DDCN annual dive.

Since I don't have warranties on my regs, I don't have to worry about a speciifc time frame. That and I don't book through a specific LDS in Atlanta...from an earlier thread: LDS Scam :smiley36:

acamato
06-28-2009, 22:46
If you use Outlook for email you can create a reoccurring annual appointment. This may also work for other email/calendar programs.

chicken
06-30-2009, 14:27
Sometimes the answer is too simple and right in front of you. I have entered all of my gear into outlook with an annual re-occurring reminder. Thank you for the tip.