PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite diving buddy?

medic001918
07-11-2007, 23:46
So it seems that with the buddy system being so prevelant in diving, we all probably have that favorite buddy that we dive with. You know, the one that you know isn't going to do anything they shouldn't to get you or themselves hurt. Or the one you really get along with. Maybe it's someone that might not be the best diver, but you really enjoy spending time with them.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Since it's my topic, I'll go first...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>My favorite buddy is my fiance. She's just got her OW cert and is very new to diving. But it's something that her and I can do together and enjoy. So far, she's been really passionate about it and the training. She's already planning some dive vacations and what other classes we can take together. Even helping her study for her OW class was something that we were able to do together. We have a quarry that's local to us that is a dive park, so we'll be able to squeeze in extra dives (and time together) before or after work. It's been fun to see her progress as a diver, and will continue to be fun to watch her progress and become more comfortable with diving in the future.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Shane</DIV>

Queen
07-12-2007, 07:01
I wish I had a dive buddy! My SO doesn't dive so I end up doing the insta-buddy thing any time we're on vacation. I have two friends who dive locally and they graciously allow me to triple up with them when we go to the local quarry.

mwhities
07-12-2007, 08:23
My favorite dive buddy is my dive buddy. :)

Michael

jacewindu
07-12-2007, 08:41
it will be my brother... once he has time to get certified.
(he's currently only my snorkeling buddy... but not for long)

Wolfie2012
07-12-2007, 10:09
That would definitely be my wife. Some of the best experiences I've had underwater were with her holding my hand on drift dives.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

medic001918
07-12-2007, 13:02
Love the comic Wolfie. It made me laugh. Thanks.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Shane</DIV>

ertechsg
07-12-2007, 13:28
My wife at first she cert just to shut me up. Now I have to take herdive to shut her up. Until we seen our first Shark I could her her 20 ft away and 85 feet down. She lived.

jacewindu
07-12-2007, 13:50
i wonder what the next four squares of that cartoon would look like...

cummings66
07-12-2007, 18:34
I don't know, but it could have a lot of red in ithttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

ScubaToys Joe
07-12-2007, 18:51
Thats a good Question!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Larry and I had that discussion just the other day andwe'd sayeach other... Only usually he's in Grand Caymanwhile I'm in Cozumel,you know what they say a buddy dive is "Same Ocean Same Day" So as long as we are hundreds of miles away from each other we would have tosay each other! </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Joe </DIV>

Kunk35
07-12-2007, 22:22
I lucked out when I took OW last August. I found a dive buddy that I get along with, that is helpful, that wants to learn at about the same pace as I do. We have almost exactly the same SAC rate, and he quotes Monty Python regularly.
<DIV>Now that my wife is also certified, I have two best friend dive buddies!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I'm a lucky man....</DIV>

przeor
07-13-2007, 00:12
my wife- got certified together, and now we're finishing up DM class together. Eventually we plan to take IDC together... cue sappy music! It works out well- no instabuddies, someone to dive local with spur of the momment- it's a pretty nice set up. Of course it's also double the bill at Scubatoys!

Cichlid
07-13-2007, 00:39
Right now it's my Scuba Steve doll in the bath tub. However my wife and
my brother-in-law will get certified with me, so I can leave Steve at
home.

bubba105
07-13-2007, 11:33
The bride is my buddy. We were cert together and vacation dive together.We've been all over the world. Imust say, if it weren't for divingwe never would have seen most of the places we've been.

frankc420
07-13-2007, 11:48
mwhities is my favorite dive buddy :)

medic001918
07-13-2007, 11:58
Right now it's my Scuba Steve doll in the bath tub. However my wife and my brother-in-law will get certified with me, so I can leave Steve at home.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Don't let scuba steve feel left out...he might not like it.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Shane</DIV>

cummings66
07-13-2007, 13:40
I have favorite dive buddies, andI have favorite friends. I'd never say who they are because they're likely to take offense at not being included. What I would say is that I have buddies I envy and wish I was more like them when it comes to skills, I really look up to them. I just don't feel right naming them. I have probably 4 buddies I consider my main ones, very good friends and I trust them completely.

Diver Dennis
07-13-2007, 15:53
My camera. :D

HoosierDaddy
07-13-2007, 16:20
My favorite dive buddy is anyone who can/will dive when I can/will...

cummings66
07-13-2007, 18:45
Wish you were near, my buddy isn't available this weekend and I'd like to go diving.

ScubaSteve
07-13-2007, 20:54
Right now it's my Scuba Steve doll in the bath tub. However my wife and my brother-in-law will get certified with me, so I can leave Steve at home.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Shane</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Yeah... WTF?? http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif</DIV>

Cichlid
07-13-2007, 22:48
Lol, stop it ScubaSteve you're embarrassing me.

medic001918
07-14-2007, 06:17
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Shane</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Yeah... WTF?? http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Don't worry scuba steve, I'd dive with you so you don't feel like you're missing anything.</DIV>
<DIV>
Shane</DIV>

Foo2
07-15-2007, 01:29
My fav diving buddy is FooMan2!(hubby)
<DIV>Hey Shane-</DIV>
<DIV>Did your fiance get certified with ST on 5-20? Just curious...cause if she did I think that she was my dive buddy! Lemme know!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Foo2</DIV>

Lucky(AR)
07-15-2007, 01:32
man i got hooked quick my boss and his friend taught me how to dive 1 weekend and then i was hooked bought all my gear got a buddy named aaron hooked and now we have like 5 of us that are hooked....but aaron is my best dive buddy

medic001918
07-15-2007, 06:36
Lucky, I hope you have taken an actual course and not just having a friend teach you?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>And Foo, my fiance didn't get certified at ST. I wish we had ST close to us. Unfortunately, they're halfway across the country. We'd have a severe debt problem if scubatoys were anywhere close...I know I'd be there all the time buying stuff that I "need" and more than likely stuff that I don't need...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Shane</DIV>

msprzeor
07-15-2007, 11:49
I would have to agree with the many replies for spouses/SO as best dive buddies - my husband is the one I trust the most underwater and the person want to go places and do things with the most (I guess that's why I married him) ... Diving has brought us closer together and strengthened our relationship ... and communication ... through all the awesome (and sometimes scary) experiences we've had. We also have friends that we dive with and travel with - which always adds to the experience - but it wouldn't be the same without him.

crab lover
07-16-2007, 06:24
sea nmf would be mine! As a new diver, I wanted someone who would be patient with me and help me with tips and tricks that you only get from experience and she has been great! Thanks to her for her help!

ScubaJW
07-16-2007, 11:43
My favorite dive buddy is my boyfriend. We got certified together in college about 3 years ago. We are still diving together and take dive trips together. :) Fantastic experiences with him!

tx.lakerat
07-17-2007, 16:19
Anyone who will dive with me!

Liv7301
07-18-2007, 09:47
My husband. We got certified together back in March, and are taking AOW next month. He had wanted to dive for years and got me interested in it too. We have our first big trip booked for November that we are very excited about! The experiences we have had together diving have been fantastic and we are so happy that we have this to share. Plus, knowing him so well I like that I can predict how he would handle a situation underwater and respond to it, and then know how I can assist him. It's nice diving with someone whom you've got a lot of history.

medic001918
07-18-2007, 11:45
My husband. We got certified together back in March, and are taking AOW next month. He had wanted to dive for years and got me interested in it too. We have our first big trip booked for November that we are very excited about! The experiences we have had together diving have been fantastic and we are so happy that we have this to share. Plus, knowing him so well I like that I can predict how he would handle a situation underwater and respond to it, and then know how I can assist him. It's nice diving with someone whom you've got a lot of history.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Have fun on your dive trip. You'll have a blast I'm sure. It's funny you mention the trust of your husband. That's exactly why Kristen says she enjoys diving with me. She feels "safe" knowing I'm there and that I'll stay calm no matter what's going on. It really is great to have something like diving to share with your loved one.</DIV>
<DIV>
Shane</DIV>

Liv7301
07-18-2007, 14:43
Aww! Relationships strengthened through diving!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Yet another wonderful positive outcome of our sport!It makes it even betterwhen you have someone at the end of the dive to say "Wow, did you see that??" with. Much more meaningful than a random insta-buddy that you probably won't see again when the day is over.</DIV>

skdvr
07-19-2007, 16:52
I have two good dive buddies.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>1. My wife, she was actually certified before me but had not done a dive in several years. It was something that interested me so I told her I wanted to get certified and she said sure just as long as you do not go out and buy all the gear right away. Well I got certified and just as usual I went in %200. I bought all my gear within a month and now I want to dive all the time. She enjoys diving with me but not nearly as much as I like to dive.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>2. Bestfriend since birth got certified about 5 months after me and he loves to be in the water just as much as me, so we dive together every chance that we get...</DIV>

Moxie
07-19-2007, 18:00
My SO. He's been doing it for 15 years longer than I have, but he got me into it too. Now I'm just a big of a freak as he is.

the gooch
07-19-2007, 21:39
My wife is my favorite dive buddy. She is the main reason I got certified.

thesmoothdome
07-19-2007, 22:21
That's the one thing I'm missing right now. I enjoy diving with my wife, but she's a warm water wus, and although she's expressed some interest in diving out here, she's not getting a dry suit for her birthday. No way!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>My old dive buddy planned on making a comeback from double hip replacement surgery about 2 years ago, but it hasn't happened yet for a variety of reasons. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

rktman26
07-21-2007, 19:58
I wish I could say it ws my wife, but she doesn't dive.

So, it's my dive buddy. We got certified together. We're both Marines,
so we have the same mindset on what risks are acceptable. We also
communicate very well underwater.

picxie
07-21-2007, 21:37
Anyone who will dive with me!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Same here! I have a couple of friends who I dive with but they live in a different location to me. I have no local buddy http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gifMakes it harder to get out there diving http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif</DIV>

Judestudio
07-21-2007, 22:38
My sister. Dragged her along to get certified with me, convinced her to get her own BC from ST, so now to make the money, she'll have to keep diving with me smileys/smiley2.gif

tc_rain
07-21-2007, 23:59

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I know that feeling.</DIV>

Queen
07-22-2007, 06:39
I have a glimmer of hope on the horizon regarding a dive buddy! My closest friend took OW many years ago but didn't take up diving, last night we were talking about it and playing with my gear...she's thinking of getting re-certified!!! I can't even imagine what it's like to dive regularly with someone you know!smileys/smiley4.gif

Venio
07-22-2007, 09:49
No one! I'm dive buddy challenged smileys/smiley19.gif!

tc_rain
07-22-2007, 20:38
My best friend just got certified so I see many trips in the future.

madrsx
07-22-2007, 22:19
I'm also lucky enough to say that my favorite dive buddy is my wife - we got certified together and we think a lot alike.

DiveCaptain
07-24-2007, 11:40
My favorite dive buddy would be my girlfriend. We got OW certified together and have loads of fun diving. It's great being able to do something like diving with a person you trust and enjoy being around.

cutter77
08-02-2007, 22:31
My favorite dive buddy would be my daughter. best "regular" buddy too. We putter around the reef together.

My favorite DM is my son....he's a commercial diver and doesn't cut me any slack, always challenging me with somethin'.

Vie
08-02-2007, 23:32
For recreational dives, my favourite buddy is my girlfriend. I also have a couple of good buddies on standby. I'm lucky in that I have a "gang" that I dive with regularly and we are all pretty much on the same page when it comes to various dive related preferences.

For technical diving, I pretty much stick with two buddies who have had the same training and have been diving with them exclusively.

Zenagirl
08-03-2007, 08:17
My husband is my favorite dive buddy!!

Splitlip
08-04-2007, 21:14
Some people have angels on their shoulders.
I have a little green Alien in a boxer's stance attached to my first stage. Been with me for 7 years.

mike_s
08-04-2007, 21:19
I'm surprised no one listed "Jesus" as their favorite dive buddy.

(Not because they are that religious, but because it means they don't plan to dive with another 'buddy' besides him. (sometimes it's really nice diving on your own withouth having to worry about someone else...))

dmdoss
08-05-2007, 22:22
My kids.

RECDiver
08-06-2007, 10:53
My wife or either of my kids.

bullshark
08-07-2007, 19:54
I'll let you know after I actually find a dive buddy cause I haven't found any yet

Buoyant1
09-26-2007, 11:56
I dive a lot with a guy named Rob..but there are a few other guys that I dive regularly with...I think I have more dives logged with Rob than anyone else though...

ScubaJ
09-26-2007, 12:09
My wife is my fav divebuddy.
I got certified 14yrs ago, but didn't really continue the hobby.
We had a family trip to Cozumel come up and I suggested she get certified, as it would be the highlight of the vacation.
I needed a refresher, so I decided to get re-certified and go through the course as her buddy.
She was a little unsure at first, but really fell in love with the sport after the OW checkout dives. After that, it didn't really take much convincing to throw down the cash for two complete setups from ST. Now, she gets just as excited about getting new gear/toys as I do.
My next favorites would be my father, lil sister, and anyone else that wants to join us for some aquatic fun.

jwdizney
09-26-2007, 12:14
so far, since i just got my OW last weekend, it's been my daughter.. but this weekend and hopefully many weekends to come DISNEYMOM and Disneydaughter!

diverdad
09-26-2007, 21:12
I really don't haved a regular dive buddy. But by next summer i hope my son will be certified then it will be him.

WV Diver
09-26-2007, 21:13
Kokomo

Kokomo
09-26-2007, 21:22
WV Diver

Diverdude
09-27-2007, 12:56
Thats easy. My wife of course. We got our OW cert together, plus if a medical issue comes up she's a doctor :)

Charlotte Smith
09-27-2007, 13:18
My husband, until he starts getting over-protective with me and tries to limit where I go to fish. Then he won't ride a roller-coaster either... I do love how he is always checking on me though....maybe it is why I DON'T worry as much as he does.

Capt Hook
09-27-2007, 13:29
Definitely my wife: she's a really good diver
she worries about me, so she's always close
she's lots of fun on dive trips!

ScubaGir1
09-27-2007, 13:35
My boyfriend :)
I've been certified since 2000 and he's been certified since 2004, and some of our best times have been diving :D

ccarter
09-27-2007, 13:37
My brother's the only person I really dive with.. occasionally my cousin. I don't really like either of them though.. kinda smell funky. :smiley36:

jo8243
09-27-2007, 13:40
My brother's the only person I really dive with.. occasionally my cousin. I don't really like either of them though.. kinda smell funky. :smiley36:

:blahblah:
You smell like mold.

Charles R
09-27-2007, 14:22
My 10YO son is my favorite dive buddy

BSea
09-27-2007, 14:28
Unfortunatly, my wife and my kids arn't divers. My favorite buddy is my buddy from my OW class. We were roomates in college, he was my BEST MAN, and I was his BEST MAN. Although we both went through a period where we didn't dive, we both have gotten back into the sport. Me about 12 years ago, and him about 4 years ago. We were certified in May of 77, and still dive together to this day.

Boris42
09-30-2007, 19:50
Cshel is my favorite dive buddy. She's been certified for a couple of years. I just get my OW 3 weeks ago. We've been down 7 times so far together. It's great being able to reach out and swim together holding hands. We're starting to get good at our sign language too.

Just yesterday she lead us to a car by compass and I lead us right back to our starting point. That was really fun. I had long wanted to get certified, but it was her always wanting to go and me not wanting to be left on shore that finally got me off my duff to get it done. Now I can't believe it took me so long to get around to it. What a blast!

Kidder
09-30-2007, 20:45
I have two favorites my wife and my buddy whom I've known all 31 years that I've been around. His mother watched me as a baby. I've dove more with my buddy since my wife is about to have our first child.

scuba Widow
09-30-2007, 20:46
If i did diving it would be finflippers!!!!

scuba cat
09-30-2007, 21:44
My husband! Diving is a great way to spend time together, something we both enjoy. I draw the line at diving with sharks though.

cshel
09-30-2007, 21:45
Boris42 is my favorite dive buddy. He's only been certified a few weeks but we've been down more times together than I have been down in the 2 yrs I've been certified. We were friends before we were lovers. We think alike and can read each other's minds. I feel completely safe with him underwater even though he's a newbie. When he does something, he does it all the way. He reads everything he can and researches all the time. It feels completely normal to be swimming along side him, brushing each other with fins or holding hands. I know he's right there with me if anything happens. He's always calm and level headed. We have fun where ever we go or what ever we do.

BobArnold8265
10-05-2007, 10:54
My favorite dive buddy is my wife. It was her idea to get certified and we've been hooked ever since !!

ScubaJenn81
10-07-2007, 18:40
My husband, my one and only diving buddy. If neither of us can go, we can the dive. Just how it has always been.

Splitlip
10-07-2007, 18:52
:anim_sleep:

Cojrock
10-07-2007, 23:43
Theres a friendly seal that i often see when diving my favorite dive site (Kaikoura, New Zealand), he sometimes follows me around and plays tricks on me. Hes my favorite buddy by far tho cant see him being much use in an OA situation.

subsur
10-11-2007, 15:22
mine is a great diver with many decades of experience. i consider myself very lucky. i learned so much from him and can feel improvements already. he is a very nice person so we've become friends.

mitsuguy
10-14-2007, 23:47
My favorite dive buddy is my wife. It was her idea to get certified and we've been hooked ever since !!

same here, but she started 5 years ago, and I, just one...

now we're both so hooked, and it's something we can do together that we are already planning on going all the way through divemaster and above together..

aprilgoddess1987
11-30-2007, 12:22
My fiance

Soonerwink
11-30-2007, 21:03
Tulsa Aquanauts, my local dive club. I haven't had to do the instabuddy thing since finding this group.

Firefyter
11-30-2007, 21:25
Myself. I love the solitude.

DivingCRNA
12-01-2007, 09:04

So, it's my dive buddy. We got certified together. We're both Marines,
so we have the same mindset on what risks are acceptable. We also
communicate very well underwater.

I wish I could say it is my wife, too! She dives, but is not my favorite dive buddy. I like cold, dark, and deep. She got spoiled by the ocean on our first trip.

I should have never taken her on that trip! I would bet $1,000,000 that she would NEVER pose with me in the pic that is my avatar! It is the back of a cavern 95 feet down in a quarry...

My favorite buddy is anyone who will dive with me!

Super-Duper Scubasteve
01-26-2008, 10:34
Definantly my brother(s), though that may change next vacatiopn when I dive with my Uncle, Aunt, and cousin :smiley36:.

cmburch
02-22-2008, 21:48
My Favorite Dive Buddy is Shorty Mares. My spear gun. No just kidding. My favorite dive buddy is someone that has similar skills and interests. For example, my wife likes to experience all of the sea life. There have been times due to currents that we had to hold hands. She always commented how that (The one where we held hands) was her best dive ever. Having to hold my dive buddy's hand to drag them from under the kelp or back to the shore against a current is not my idea of my best dive buddy. I hope my male dive buddies don't think it was their best dive when I held their hands. I am only interested in holding my speargun in hand while swimming through the kelp around rocks and boulders trying to experience a good sea life kill. I can understand that my wife likes it better that I am near when having to hold hands vs swimming around rocks and boulders or hanging around the same rock for a long time trying to get a good shot. So I have a couple of other dive buddies who are better at spearfishing and diving that I would consider ideal dive buddies. When we all three go together, it works out pretty well. When one of them go with my wife and I, it gives me more time to fish. And I don't have to hold their hands.

rye_a
02-22-2008, 21:58
My wife. We love our shared experiences underwater. She won't go near the cold water in our Colorado lakes, so around here my favorite buddy is a 30cf pony bottle.

RoyN
02-25-2008, 10:18
I usually dive by myself from the boat. Or if Mobenno is free, then he and I go to the state park and go diving in there. Also, sometimes my instructor will join me as we try to find some cool stuff like a wolf eel, octopus, shark, or something that is rare to find. The other time I enjoyed with a buddy was a DIR diver name Doc Wong who we had great laughs underwater too. But otherwise, almost everybody go seperate ways because nobody wants to dive with an underwater photographer especially a beginner too! ;)

dogseatmayo
08-05-2008, 16:34
my dad (yep, my dad) is my favorite dive buddy

sravin1
08-05-2008, 16:54
do not have a permanent dive buddy as yet. hoping to find someone soon.

Jenn
08-05-2008, 17:14
Well I am new to diving but so far I would have to say that my favorite dive buddy is someone that I met from divebuddy.com. We have alot in common and she is not one to go out and do stupid stuff to get herself hurt or put me at risk. She is also very knowledgable and is able to give me pointers on diving and stuff.

Trey9123
08-05-2008, 18:48
My girlfriend Carrie.

crgjpg
08-05-2008, 19:05
My favorite buddy is my wife of course. As you can see in our picture.

chinacat46
08-05-2008, 20:11
My favorite buddy is my camera.

blueeyeddiver
08-05-2008, 20:28
My fav is my husband ScubaJ. He has been certified for over 15yrs while I just got certified last year. I was not the most comfortable person in the water but have always been intrigued by the ocean. Prior to last year's trip to Cozumel, I got certified and love it. A bit nervous at first and still from time to time but with J there, it makes it much easier to enjoy and relax-he is a real natural in the water. Good times!

hooligan
08-06-2008, 01:55
My wife is my favorite buddy. She's a good diver and looks good in a wetsuit. ;)

mistletoe
08-06-2008, 08:46
My favoirt buddy is my boyfriend and my least favorit buddy is my boyfriend. He always help me but sometimes he is too bossy.

Bassoonin
08-22-2008, 14:49
My favorite dive buddy is my husband and my son. We all have great fun together. We tend to go as a trio for now until we find a buddy for my son.

Athena2c
08-22-2008, 19:53
My husband :smiley2:

monant
08-22-2008, 21:05
I have two, my wife and son.

FailedExistence
08-22-2008, 22:06
My wife. We got certified together and so we've been in this together from the start. We don't share a whole lot of hobbies, so it's fun to have this one.

Diver Kat
08-22-2008, 23:37
My hubby.:love: We've done all our training together as well as almost every dive together as buddies .... (and after 250+ dives, still managed to stay married!! :smiley2:)

LCF
08-23-2008, 04:02
I'm an amazingly fortunate woman, because I have a whole set of superb dive buddies. I love to dive with Kevin, and Claudette, and Bob and Richard and Doug, and even my husband, Peter.

But my favorite dive buddy is my practice and training partner. I met him right after we both took Fundies, when we had both been badgering a mutual friend to go out and practice skills. He said he was burned out doing it, but since we both wanted to, why didn't we get in touch with one another? That was about January of 2006, and since then, we have done Rec Triox and Helitrox and Cave classes together. We've also done a lot of skills dives AND just plain old fun dives; sometimes with cameras, sometimes without. He's a wonderful buddy -- He's always cheerful, always enthusiastic, always prepared, and underwater, he's always THERE. His diving skills are much better than mine, but he puts up with me, and we both laugh when whatever we're working on doesn't go exactly as planned. Diving with Kirk is like dancing.

gadavis2
09-30-2008, 09:44
I would have to say my dad...but he lives all the way in NC and I live in Texas. I use DiveBuddy.com - Global Social Network for Scuba Divers (http://www.divebuddy.com) to find new dive buddies where ever I'm traveling. But anyone that likes to just blow bubbles underwater is fine with me.

MSilvia
09-30-2008, 10:45
There are a handfull of folks I dive with on an occasional basis, but it's been a while since I was diving with the same folks all the time... mostly Jeff, Aaron, Gary, and Meredith, several of whom went on to co-found TDS with me. We mostly organized local dives through scubaboard's local forum, and I still go there for buddies frequently. Now that my long time friend RileyBri is certified though, I expect he'll probably be my most frequent buddy... at least until my daughter is old enough to be interested.

beperkins
10-15-2008, 12:09
My favorite dive buddy would have to be my wife, she is not the best dive buddy out there but I would not have it any other way>

OTGav
10-16-2008, 23:24
Er, not my wife.

Much as I like diving with her she is far from my fav buddy.

I preffer being on an equal footing with my buddy (experience, SAC)........I must try and get it into her head that just because she always dives with me means she still has to pay attention. Do cattle prods work underwater?

One of my instructors or the Dm students I did the course with would be at the top of my list at the moment - we all got to dive a lot together over the last 12 months and know what each other is up to most of the time. Club diving makes finding buddies easy though.

emcbride81
10-16-2008, 23:46
my pony bottle