PDA

View Full Version : Lake Ocoee: Ocoee TN

mulefeathers
06-29-2009, 11:18
Does anybody have any information about this lake? I have spoken to the marina and the forest service both say it is OK to dive. If anyone has dove this lake chime in with what to expect. Also if there are any other places in that area to do a dive or two. Traveling with family so do not want to travel to far since this a whitewater rafting trip.

mike_s
08-01-2009, 22:25
I found this thread in a search about Ocoee diving.

I saw two guys in BC's gearing up along hwy 64 on the Ocoee near the takeout between #1 and #2 damm. I didn't get a chance to turn around and see what they were diving on, but I wish I had.

this was on Friday last week.

TJDiver
08-24-2009, 13:20
Well, this is a bit late so I figure you've already been on your trip, but the Loch Low-Minn quarry is a good site nearby. Loch Low-Minn Dive Resort: Home Page (http://www.lochlow-minn.com/) We probably had 30-40 ft. vis there last weekend. Be sure to check out the posted map near the entry, as it gives a general layout and locations of some submerged items that have been placed in the quarry over time.

bjdrywall
08-27-2009, 21:19
parksville lake has cars and old house chimmeys to look at. the lake is around 96' ft deep with temp. being around 38/40 with vis around 3/4 ft and at 30 ft. vis is around 15 ft. I have over 150 logged dive in parksville alone and dive there regularly. locklowminn is a good dive site too, also may want to look into philadelphia quarry.