PDA

View Full Version : Banned...

moosicman
06-29-2009, 15:48
I've seen in one or two users names where it would ordinarily say "grouper" "shark" "guppie" etc. that it says "banned" . Is this a joking thing or are they seriously banned from the forum?

chilly willy
06-29-2009, 15:59
Seriously banned for either being inflammatory or rude more often than not and not adding anything beneficial to the forum.

ScubaToys Larry
06-29-2009, 16:14
I've seen in one or two users names where it would ordinarily say "grouper" "shark" "guppie" etc. that it says "banned" . Is this a joking thing or are they seriously banned from the forum?

They are seriously banned...

A ban can run for a day, week, month, or forever... depends on how bad a boy (or girl) someone is...

Dive Rong
06-29-2009, 16:19
Ok Ok Larry... I surrender - I just cancelled my order to Leisurepro and will send it to you shortly!!! Please put me on the "No action needed at this time" list. -DRg

Recon
06-29-2009, 16:28
If someone needs to be hit with the ban stick, I support Larry's choice to beat them to within a inch of their lives. :)

P.S. Larry, don't beat me with the ban stick... pretty please :) I would hate to come in the the shop to buy more gear and have wayne jump over the counter and beat me to death.

~Recon

ReefHound
06-29-2009, 16:35
you really have to work at it to be banned, the mods know that people sometimes get carried away in the heat of the moment and work hard to clean up the mess and get you back in line, to be banned means they have given up any hope that you can play in the sandbox with the other boys and girls.

DevilDiver
06-29-2009, 16:43
P.S. Larry, don't beat me with the ban stick... pretty please :) I would hate to come in the the shop to buy more gear and have wayne jump over the counter and beat me to death.

~Recon

:smilie39:

moosicman
06-29-2009, 16:51
I just noticed it and it was from a member who i've seen on here a good bit and who always seemed pretty well balanced and adjusted...it just surprised me

petronius
06-29-2009, 17:05

I'm glad you asked, I was wondering the same thing. I'm also still trying to figure out how many fish are in the hierarchy, and doing my damnedest to grow out of being a tadpole... :)

Recon
06-29-2009, 17:18
oh wow... i just noticed that i am a guppy!!!!!!! weeeeeeee

~Recon

petronius
06-29-2009, 17:25
oh wow... i just noticed that i am a guppy!!!!!!! weeeeeeee

~Recon

Wicked! Me too.

Looking at your post count compared to mine, it appears I have 100+ comments before the next step up the food chain...

:)

FishFood
06-29-2009, 17:26
I've always wondered what happened NitroWill. Seemed like a good guy. Somethign must have 'gone down' behind the scenes.

Mtrewyn
06-29-2009, 18:03
I've always wondered what happened NitroWill. Seemed like a good guy. Somethign must have 'gone down' behind the scenes.

This is what I have been wondering for a long time, He seemed to always be ok and add good thoughts, and have good input.

I dont know.

fire diver
06-29-2009, 20:39
Yeah thats odd to me too. I never knew NitroWill to cause troubles, but then I don't read 100% of the treads either.

neogeo
06-30-2009, 04:48
Been there done that... its not what all the hype is about... no t-shirt and no trophy

scubadiver888
06-30-2009, 06:59

I'm glad you asked, I was wondering the same thing. I'm also still trying to figure out how many fish are in the hierarchy, and doing my damnedest to grow out of being a tadpole... :)

Have a look at http://forum.scubatoys.com/270198-post2.html and you'll see all the different levels.

mm_dm
06-30-2009, 07:47
Yeah thats odd to me too. I never knew NitroWill to cause troubles, but then I don't read 100% of the treads either.

Me neither. I figure you have to screw up pretty good to get kicked off this one. There was this one chick who had her own board and was running around recruiting on the others...got herself kicked here and elsewhere. Not sure about Will...he still posts on TDS.

robjoubert
06-30-2009, 10:02
If someone needs to be hit with the ban stick, I support Larry's choice to beat them to within a inch of their lives. :)

Further to Recon's post, I submit this for consideration as a "Ban Stick". It is ornamental yet functional - as befits the status and purpose of a "Ban Stick".

Recon
06-30-2009, 13:16
LOL, I like it..... just as long as it is not used on me.. :)

~Recon

navyhmc
06-30-2009, 14:43

Further to Recon's post, I submit this for consideration as a "Ban Stick". It is ornamental yet functional - as befits the status and purpose of a "Ban Stick".

All I can think of when I saw your post was *SMACK* "Think with your dipstick Jimmy!!!!" :smiley36: It has my vote-as long as it's not used on me!

BTW, interesting item: banned_zulu_wire_covered_knobkerrie.jpg