PDA

View Full Version : SeaTurtle Charters

underwaterdan
07-01-2009, 10:55
Has anyone had any expirence with SeaTurtle Charters?
Sea Turtle Charters.com,wreckdiving,sharkcage,montauk,blockis land,longisland (http://www.seaturtlecharters.com)
I was going to book something with them this year, but wanted to hear some reviews first.

bsktcase93
07-01-2009, 21:58
my wife and i are going to be doin the shark cage dive. will let you know how it goes

JMKeupp
07-06-2009, 20:01
Did an overnight trip with them June 20-21. Went to the Bass, Grecian, and Larchmont. Very nice and clean boat, great crew and an experienced and knowledgeable Captain. I'll be going back out Aug 23 with them to the Bass again and the U-853, hopefully the weather gods will be better to us this trip so we can actually go to the 853. By the way on the Larchmont during my deco I did the shark dive sans protective cage for no extra charge, what service.

acamato
07-07-2009, 07:06
If you join LIDA you can get 10% off their (and others) charter prices.....

Long Island Divers Association (http://www.lidaonline.com/discounts.asp)

bsktcase93
07-09-2009, 21:02
Did an overnight trip with them June 20-21. Went to the Bass, Grecian, and Larchmont. Very nice and clean boat, great crew and an experienced and knowledgeable Captain. I'll be going back out Aug 23 with them to the Bass again and the U-853, hopefully the weather gods will be better to us this trip so we can actually go to the 853. By the way on the Larchmont during my deco I did the shark dive sans protective cage for no extra charge, what service.

was the cage dive worth it and how was the viz on the dives you did

JMKeupp
07-15-2009, 20:24
It wasn't a cage dive per say, I was just circled below by sharks the last seven minutes of my deco. The viz was great on the bass 30 ft on the deck (140 fsw) and 40 to 50 on the bottom (155 fsw) you could actually make out the general shape and location of the bow section as you crossed the break. The Grecian was about 40 feet (95 fsw) and the Larchmont (125 fsw) was, well true to it's reputation I'll say at first there was maybe 5 ft of viz, then as the current settle maybe 20 ft, you could make out the outline black mass that is the top of the paddles. All fantastic dives though.

newjersey diver55
10-23-2009, 12:01
I went on the cage trip with sea turtle in sept. It was very cool, the vis in the cage was over 50 feet. We had a nice Mako and multiple blue sharks most of the day. the boat only takes a six pack of divers for the cage dive, so we got the entire boat for our group. It was a great day, next year we are going on one of the Block Island excursions they run, where you do two dives on saturday, and a cage dive sunday. Sounds like a blast to me!!
I highly reccomend Capt. chuck Wade and the sea turtle!