PDA

View Full Version : Looking for buddy who wants to dive in Lake Sunapee, NH

terrillja
08-26-2007, 08:40
I'm looking to find a dive buddy who wants to dive on the Weetamoo with me. It is a steamship which was sunk rather than scrapped. It is 67 feet from the surface to the top of the wreck, and my usual buddy, my dad, only has his OW and can't go that deep. Well he could, but technically isn't supposed to.

I'm unable to dive for a few months while I recover from surgery on my shoulder, but I should be able to dive over thanksgiving, or next summer at some point and when you are going below the thermocline anyways, it's 40 year round.

porsche060
08-26-2007, 23:05
What is the temp like on top in NH over thanksgiving?

terrillja
08-26-2007, 23:11
What is the temp like on top in NH over thanksgiving?

50-60, right now it is about 75-80, and with the heat wave we have now, it isn't going to cool off anytime soon.

caroln
08-28-2007, 17:12
I'd love to dive up there. I'm located in NY, but am up that way often visiting my parents. I'd be up for diving at/after Thanksgiving for sure.

terrillja
08-28-2007, 17:53
I'd love to dive up there. I'm located in NY, but am up that way often visiting my parents. I'd be up for diving at/after Thanksgiving for sure.

Where in NY? I go to college in Rochester, and I'm hoping to dive up there at some point, once I get some friends together.

caroln
08-30-2007, 11:56
I'm about an hour south of Albany but I'm up by Rochester occasionally to visit friends. Haven't done any diving up that way yet.