PDA

View Full Version : DDCN Oranogo Dive

maverick
07-07-2009, 09:24
When NavyHMC and I were diving I noticed alot of trash down under and was wondering if DDCN could scedule a clean up day. And may B we could find sponsors 2 make it a rewarding day. And party. Just a suggestion.

Diving Jayhawk
07-08-2009, 14:38
All of the bottles and stuff are part of the reef ;-)

navyhmc
07-08-2009, 14:39
I think there is possibly something planned in Oct. You getting to where you like the DDCN dives, Mav? :smiley20: :smiley36:

KennyD
07-08-2009, 16:06
I'm with Steve on this one. What "Trash" are you talking about? The bottles and various other things are what I consider underwater markers. In very dark or silted out situations these things give people like myself mental way points on the map in our head.
You should maybe try to work something out on the "Topside" if you are wanting to do a clean up...

Diving Jayhawk
07-08-2009, 16:14
Oooooo, topside could definitely use a clean up more than bottom. Besides, how am I supposed to break a bottle over the bow of the Budweiser and shank Kenny without bottles down there?

maverick
07-08-2009, 18:41
Keep your shiney side up and your dirty side down.

KennyD
07-08-2009, 23:04
Oooooo, topside could definitely use a clean up more than bottom. Besides, how am I supposed to break a bottle over the bow of the Budweiser and shank Kenny without bottles down there?

Whoa, Let's not get crazy and put a hole in my drysuit. I'll dive wet if this is going to happen.

Diving Jayhawk
07-09-2009, 01:32
Fair enough Kenny, but Im gonna shank someone dammit!

neogeo
07-09-2009, 01:34
note to self avoid diving with Diving Jayhawk

Diving Jayhawk
07-09-2009, 01:35
Lol, sorry I get a little crazy sometimes...

navyhmc
07-09-2009, 04:22
Suddenly Jhawk reminds me of the one crazy robot from Futurama....Time to get my shank-proof wetsuit

cowgirldiver
07-09-2009, 10:29
The item I really noticed that I would consider to be trash were the box springs from a mattress set.

CWSWine
07-09-2009, 11:38
The item I really noticed that I would consider to be trash were the box springs from a mattress set.

I heard that was put there for a purpose.... Something about joining a club or something...:smilie39:

plot
07-09-2009, 17:05
from my understanding, there was someone there this weekend that needed those box springs... and a room!

navyhmc
07-09-2009, 19:57
from my understanding, there was someone there this weekend that needed those box springs... and a room!

:smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

Recon
07-09-2009, 20:08
If I can get my wife in to scuba, we will be heading to Julies underwater hotel :) 5 fathoms here we come! no pun intended...

~Recon

Diving Jayhawk
07-09-2009, 23:41
Jules undersee lodge is in a dirty lagoon...once upon a time it used to be clean when they actively cleaned it but now...dirty.

Recon
07-10-2009, 00:14
Well that sucks... now I have to find a nicer place to join the club.

~Recon

Diving Jayhawk
07-10-2009, 03:45
I've done OW certs there and can barely see, well worse than the O sometimes. Years ago when I did my IE, it well over 30 feet of good vis. Jelly fish like to hang out too

neogeo
07-10-2009, 17:51
Well why don't we all do something to help John and Regina out. Volunteer your time on your surface interval or something. I know first hand that they are great people and will do almost anything to help divers out financially, personally, or instruction. I think it'd be very helpful of us to all go out there and do a spring cleaning type of deal with them. Whether it be helping with landscaping(mowing/weed eating), picking up trash(in/out of water), donating items such as picnic benches/tables to set gear on... I promise John and Regina won't over look it and will greatly appreciate it! Please lets make this a place people remember in a positive way and get people from all over the world to make it a vacation spot such as Mermet Springs and other quarry's. Just my 2 cents

plot
07-10-2009, 18:06
why the hell would you ever vacation at a quarry??

only way to make it that type of spot would be if john built an underwater living quarters or something completely unique like that.

neogeo
07-10-2009, 18:08
you know what I mean... its a great dive site just John and Regina need a little help with the up keep they can't do it by themselves... Dark Wolf and I have told them several times we'd love to volunteer our time to go out and help John with the up keep

navyhmc
07-10-2009, 19:34
I've suggested that as well, Regina really didn't have a thought one way or the other.

Though, I wouldn't recommend doing it as part of a SI, It has been shown that exertion right afte a dive does increase the DCS risk. A few trash dives, maybe a few early dive day projects would be good as well.

maverick
07-10-2009, 20:43
It might need a major clean up and upgrade. Top and bottom.

DivingCRNA
07-10-2009, 21:36
note to self avoid diving with Diving Jayhawk

Note to self-remember to threaten to shank Neo! :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

navyhmc
07-10-2009, 21:44
Hey, let's all shank Neo!!! :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

neogeo
07-11-2009, 04:03
not to self bring gun

navyhmc
07-11-2009, 12:20
Make sure it's a Glock...

Recon
07-11-2009, 15:57
If you wanna shoot underwater... make sure you have the martime spring cups installed, otherwise you will not be able to cycle your next round :)

~Recon

Shala
07-14-2009, 07:21

Mmm, did someone say Glock? No wonder I like you!:smiley20:

wgt
07-14-2009, 07:41
Navy was actually referring to the musical instrument. He's very manly.

Mmm, did someone say Glock? No wonder I like you!:smiley20:

fire diver
07-14-2009, 08:31
I made my first dives at Oronogo over the July 4th weekend. It's a nice place, but it needs a LOT more than a couple tables and a little weeding (removal, not smoking DW!) I think the quarry could go from a "good" dive site to and awesome one, if John actually wanted to.

He needs to haul off all those junk vehicels. Nobody wants to go to dive site that looks like junkyard on the surface.

The bathrooms need a makeover. This wouldn't cost much, they have just been neglected.

Lastly, they need to have the walkway to the water torn out and replaced with a smooth cement ramp with handrails on both sides.

plot
07-14-2009, 17:12
they just need to rent out a golf cart to get to the bottom of the ramp.

or a boom with a wench to lower gear down.

and what we call "junk" on the surface we call awesome divesites at depth. :D

navyhmc
07-14-2009, 23:42
They just have to be put there....

gNats
07-15-2009, 07:55
I meant to ask John last Friday if he was going to sink that school bus.

That would be too cool.

:smilie40: :smiley20:

cowgirldiver
07-15-2009, 12:35

Hey plot....I think you meant winch but I guess if you got a strong enough woman that would work too..... I kinda like the golf cart idea!!!

maverick
07-15-2009, 12:37
That would B cool.

Dark Wolf
07-15-2009, 12:41
John is not planning to sink the bus, he uses it when he travels to give OW certs.

DW

gNats
07-15-2009, 12:50

Hey plot....I think you meant winch but I guess if you got a strong enough woman that would work too..... I kinda like the golf cart idea!!!

There would be a *boom* if he referred to many of Oronogo's diving women as "wenches".

:smilie40:

plot
07-15-2009, 18:31
Wench Winch... both have their uses.

The schoolbus is a fully outfitted RV that john uses.

navyhmc
07-15-2009, 18:37

Actually, John has told me he intends to sink the golf cart at some point, as soon as he figures out where and how to anchor it so no one moves it. that seems to have been a problem with some of the boats he sunk. A few folks have taken it upon themselves to move boats from the shallow part to the deep areas.

LaCroix42
07-15-2009, 20:23

There would be a *boom* if he referred to many of Oronogo's diving women as "wenches".

:smilie40:

Followed by another eight "Bangs!" for anyone who survived the "Boom!," right?

Navy: I guess that means I shouldn't buy a few of the 100lb lift bags for my next trip, right? [yes, kids, that's a joke.]

navyhmc
07-15-2009, 23:14

Suddenly I was thinking of the line from "Never ending Story": "To the winch, Wench!!!"

(do I get a blind fold and last cigarette? :smiley36: )