PDA

View Full Version : Started P90X this week

UofTOrange
07-08-2009, 14:08
And it's kicking my butt. I'll be done just in time for my cruise to Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel.

I started the year off at 294. Through diet/working out a bit and diving I'm down to 255. It was time to get a real and scheduled plan and I've had friends that have had success with this.

I'll try and keep it updated and tell everyone how it goes

acamato
07-08-2009, 15:28
Good luck, you have already lost almost 13% of your initial weight...

I am looking into P90X. I just haven't found the motivation to do it.. wife, 3 young kids & a house doesn't help. I would rather spend time with them. Plus, I leave for work at 6 AM and am home at 6 PM...

ofl0926
07-08-2009, 19:21
P90x is a great workout... i have used a fee times and i feel the burn with it... best of luck with it...

PTAaron
07-08-2009, 19:48
Congratz on that amazing weight loss... Wow!!

Personally I'm not a fan of the "crossfit" style training because it doesn't match my specific goals, but it looks really challanging! It appears (based on the informmercial) that it is a great program for improving overall fitness and strength while losing bodyfat - and I'm glad to hear it is working for you!

My only beef with P90x is the infommercial where they throw around all kinds of myths as facts... but I won't get started on that rant ;)
What matters is that the program itself is helping you acheive your goals, and that is fantastic.

neogeo
07-08-2009, 19:51
I'll be done just in time for my cruise to Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel.

When is your cruise? The Carnival Conquest?

FoxHound
07-08-2009, 21:13
The P90X is a great workout. The ab workout is pretty intense to say the least. The meal planner is nice too, but i pretty well only use the workout disks. Also a crossfit person too. Im in the Army and both of these help keep me in good shape above the physical training i do at work. The infomercials do suck but the workouts are actually quite good. Best of luck with your weight loss goal, congrats with your progress this far and keep at er!!!!

UofTOrange
07-09-2009, 09:00
I'll be done just in time for my cruise to Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel.

When is your cruise? The Carnival Conquest?

We leave October 11th. It's going to be great, but they better be showing TX/OU on that boat on Saturday the 17th or someone is going to die ;-)

UofTOrange
07-09-2009, 09:01
Watching the DVDs is actually pretty hilarious. The main guy, Tony Horton, is a crazy weirdo. But honestly, it lightens the tension and I like it

ofl0926
07-10-2009, 20:20
if you need any pointers... let me know

Vlane
07-11-2009, 16:02
I have 2 friends that are doing it just to stay in shape and they said it's a tough workout but it works. Sounds like you have the motivation to stick with it so best of luck!

Recon
07-11-2009, 16:24
My neighbor just gave me the 13 DISC! set....... gonna see what's all the rage about... maybe, i can get unfat...

~Recon

PTAaron
07-11-2009, 20:36
Just want to suggest... anyone wating to get "unfat" should come check out the forum I run ;)
Fitness Board: Online bodybuilding community and discussion forum. (http://www.fitnessboard.net)

Recon
07-11-2009, 22:19
If I can get back down to say 215, rock solid like I was in the military... I will be ecstatic to the point of complete and total rum induced narcosis. My lightest weight in the last 13 years... 172... but I looked like I belonged in a anorexic meeting somewhere... I do not have the frame to be that skinny... I like myself around 210 - 215 (no 6 pack needed / wanted) just muscle..

~Recon

PTAaron
07-11-2009, 23:06
If I can get back down to say 215, rock solid like I was in the military... I will be ecstatic to the point of complete and total rum induced narcosis. My lightest weight in the last 13 years... 172... but I looked like I belonged in a anorexic meeting somewhere... I do not have the frame to be that skinny... I like myself around 210 - 215 (no 6 pack needed / wanted) just muscle..

~Recon
You should have entered our (fitnessboard) "shape up contest" ... still can get in as a late entry if you want - it is good motivation ;)

Recon
07-11-2009, 23:20
I will check it out, if anyone should have entered, it is my wife, she is looking like a rock star after her 1.5 year long diet regime, I told her, that she looks better today then the day we first met, and it is plum true....

~Recon