PDA

View Full Version : Tenkiller Sat 7-11-09

ChrisHawk
07-08-2009, 21:22
Hey all,

I am going to go diving Tenkiller this Saturday. I hear visibility is good. Anyone want to go? I am somewhat new to diving and don't know a lot of divers. Let me know. :smiley_scuba:

cowgirldiver
07-09-2009, 10:31
Who told you the vis at Tenkiller was good? Unless it has cleared up in the last few weeks, I heard it was about 5 feet max.

DJBadfish
07-09-2009, 14:03
I was out there a week or so ago and it was less than 5 in alot of the areas, though did clear a bit about 40' down.

rayandpam
07-09-2009, 20:56
There were over a dozen divers at the Scuba Park last Saturday as there will be this weekend. Think of it as a night dive and a good time to practice your navigation skills.

BubblesMcCoy
07-10-2009, 08:32
I'll be there for an AOW class. I may have some time after the training dives to sneak a few in. PM and we can exchange contact info.

Soonerwink
07-10-2009, 23:50
I will be with a group from Dive Site out of Tulsa. We have several OW students, and a bunch just coming out to do some fun dives.

navyhmc
07-11-2009, 00:07
Y'all have fun!!!

ChrisHawk
07-11-2009, 05:45
I have had a couple reports of 5-7 feet to a depth of 32 feet and below the thermocline is supposed to be up to 15 feet. Know the park probably wont be. I am going to start at the park. Don't want to try the deeper spots solo.

rayaa3
07-12-2009, 11:18
hey chris hope you had fun. Sorry about class on friday - i got really REALLY sick. I ended up down at the OKC airport to pickup my daughter thursday at 6pm after work - I couldnt drive home - had to call the wife to pick me up!

hope the diving was good - report back on the vis, I may try to go down in august - Doc @ work is going down for his OW in August, if I can manage I'm going to go and take some pics while they do their checkout dives.

-ray

ChrisHawk
07-12-2009, 17:19
Ok everyone,

I went diving Sat and met some cool people, don't know who is who from here, but if you saw a big guy without a wetsuit that would be me.

Here were the results for anyone that wasn't there.

Visibility was 3-5 feet from surface to about 28-32 feet which then you hit a thermocline that was quite chilly without a wetsuit, but I was fine.
The visibility below the thermocline really opened up to 8-12 feet. In the park was 8, I went past the plane and bus on one dive, about 40 yards past the bus boey and found a descending wall with some freaky looking tree stumps webbed down the rocks, I dropped to about 60 feet and it was dark, but the visibility was at least 12 feet at about 45-50.

Also I finally found that damn plane. Curious when they will add the Coast Guard chopper. That should be interesting, I think they should drop that deeper than 30 feet.

I might go to Lake Murray weekend after next, anyone know vis there? Or places to check out in the water. If you want to go send me a pm.