PDA

View Full Version : Viz on new tanks!

CWSWine
07-09-2009, 11:28
Anyone get new tanks in lately and do a VIZ on them? We just received some brand new tanks while doing the VIZ we noticed that the entire inside has a gray marble effect and one has couple black spots. Called the vendor and he said what causes that at the end of run the machine gets hot so they cover the end with oil and some times causes STAINS that are in the metal and can not be removed short of removing material. He also states that what we are seeing is not problem and fine for O2. We have a call into the manufacture to verify this info but our opinion so far is the tanks are going back.

scubadiver888
07-09-2009, 11:46
I think, even if it is okay, you are going to have trouble every time you have them visually inspected. Someone is going to look at it, think there is a problem (just like you did), fail the viz and give you a call. You'll explain the situation, they'll call the manufacturer. If you are lucky they'll get a positive answer back in a day or two. Still you could end up waiting weeks before everything gets cleared up.

Were they on sale? If they cost regular price then I'd send them back. If they are notably cheaper than other shops in the area then you'll have to decide if the savings is worth it.

CompuDude
07-09-2009, 12:00
Yes, always best to do vis on new tanks. Usually everything is perfect, but there are occasions that it's not. Ask Mike_S about the collection of Faber hp100s (usually considered o2-clean from teh factory) he got with a white powder coating the inside...

For something like the OP is describing, yes, I'd exchange them.

skdvr
07-09-2009, 12:04
I would say that they are probably OK to be used, BUT like was already mentioned down the road it could be a pain in the but for each inspection... My vote would be to exchange them for other new tanks...

Phil