PDA

View Full Version : Lembeh Strait, Northern Sulawesi, Indonesia!!!!

jet126
07-10-2009, 07:10
I'm heading out early Sat morning for Lembeh Resort. Flying MIA-ORD, meeting a friend and then on to Singapore, Manado, Lembeh!!!

I'll post a trip report when I get back with (hopefully) a few pics. Exotic location, amazing diving and two blond girls traveling alone. I'm sure there will be lots to share!

chinacat46
07-13-2009, 07:38
Okay I just read on Facebook they found a red paddle-flap rhinopias. We want pics!

Travelnsj
07-13-2009, 12:28
Give us updates when you have a chance.

chinacat46
07-17-2009, 11:42
Joanie you must be having to much fun. Where are the updates?

chinacat46
07-18-2009, 22:47
Joanie with free internet Scott said you were gonna get we hoped you would give us some updates. Please don't tell us Scott was wrong. I'm sure if he is he would be happy to pay for your internet since I know he wants it to be free. If it is free I'll be happy to pay since I said it wasn't.

Travelnsj
07-18-2009, 23:07
ChinaCat....you must really be bored:smiley36:....Maybe you should ask Compudude where his Bali trip report is???

jet126
07-20-2009, 21:30
Hi Guys -
I just got home this afternoon. Eleven hour delay in SIN due to typhoons, another delay flying into FLL due to t-storms. My luggage was lost on the way there. The vacation gods did their best to get me down but I could not be broken. It was way too AWESOME. Oh my god. Why did I not go before? I'm in love.
There was free internet but horribly slow and was too often down. I did not have the patience to sit there when I could be diving.
I'll post a trip report soon. Sorry I probably won't have all the amazing unusual critters you're looking for Chuck, I was too busy just soaking everything in. For me everything was new and wonderful. Never in my life did I think I would ever say "oh just another giant frogfish."
More later ...
jet

Travelnsj
07-20-2009, 23:24
Joanie...glad you liked Lembeh...I also think it is some of the most AWESOME diving in the world! and Lembeh Resort is great place to stay:smiley20:...Don't worry what Chuck thinks he is wrong about a few things ie the internet etc etc....as long as you saw what met or exceeded your expectations!...Glad you had a great trip!

chinacat46
07-21-2009, 08:03
Sorry to hear about your luggage. When did it show up? Glad you had a great time. I think the term "Muck diving" scares people away if they had called it "critter diving" the place would probably be over run with people. Lembeh certainly is the frogfish capital of the world.