PDA

View Full Version : beginner wreck dives

greyzen
08-26-2007, 16:12
Hey guys/gals,

My wife and I are newer to the breathing under water scene and looking to explore some good 'entry level' wreck sites.

Basically I want to make sure I can properly infect her with the diving bug, and she seems interested in checking out some decent older ships/etc. under the sea.

What area's, if any, are out there (or magazines I can pickup?) that would list some good deals on different levels of wrecks out there for her and I to dive, and about how much we are looking at to get there (from Houston, Tx.)

I've looked around for a "Wreck Divers" magazine but for the life of me I can't find one. (please don't tell me: www.wreckdiversmagazine.com works...k good it doesn't)

Any help or insight on places you have been would be awesome and appreciated. Mainly just looking to keep the feet wet :)

quarrydiver
08-26-2007, 17:32
blackbeard cruises are perfect for getting a lot of diving quickly and they have some easy wrecks. Bermuda has a ton of really cool wrecks- the web's got lots of info on them.

TexasFreddy
08-26-2007, 17:41
Check out scubadiving.com......mag., you can search the archives or check out reader ratings for dive spots.:smiley2: