PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise

mwhities
07-19-2009, 20:01
My family and I are planning for a week vacation to Cozumel next July ('10). Wanted to post here to see if anyone else might want to tag along or meet up. I know it's a year plus before then, I just want to make sure everyone has ample notice. :) A year should be enough? :P

So, if you are planning around that time or want to join us, let me know. I think the dates are July 3rd through July 10th. I plan to go to the main land for a cenote dive. (Cavern guided tour unless I get cavern certified first.)  I'll be renting most of the gear (doubles, etc).

I'll get more specifics as I get them from the boss.

Michael

mcr0112
07-25-2009, 02:54
Post a little closer to the trip and I'll see if my brother & I can make it. we dove with Dive Paradise in june 09 they were good for us. we stayed at the coral reef inn. and really liked it. where are ya'll staying?

Suther2136
07-28-2009, 18:41
Cenote diving at "Dos Ojos" was great, in the interior there is a bat cave where you can surface an see the critters nesting in the ceiling.

mwhities
08-06-2009, 22:22
Post a little closer to the trip and I'll see if my brother & I can make it. we dove with Dive Paradise in june 09 they were good for us. we stayed at the coral reef inn. and really liked it. where are ya'll staying?

Definitely will post as the dates get closer.

We'll be at Hotel Cozumel and diving with Dive Paradise.

Cenote diving at "Dos Ojos" was great, in the interior there is a bat cave where you can surface an see the critters nesting in the ceiling.

I heard of that one. I'll dive it when I get there for sure. I'm taking a cavern class in December. I'll be ready then.

Thank you two.

Michael

Travelnsj
08-06-2009, 23:47
Sounds interesting....I maybe interested...instead of the Cenote...perhaps Holbox to swim with the Whalesharks did that 3 years ago and ready for it again.

mwhities
08-07-2009, 08:14
Sounds interesting....I maybe interested...instead of the Cenote...perhaps Holbox to swim with the Whalesharks did that 3 years ago and ready for it again.

I could do both. My brother-in-law and nephew REALLY want to dive with the whale sharks. I'm sure that is a for sure thing.

Michael

bigman241
08-13-2009, 14:17
looking at doing a trip with them and hotel cozumel this dec but one in july sounds good might be up for it.

CWSWine
08-13-2009, 14:49

I heard of that one. I'll dive it when I get there for sure. I'm taking a cavern class in December. I'll be ready then.

Thank you two.

Michael

Where are you planning to take your Cavern Coarse?

Dennis

mwhities
08-13-2009, 14:55

Thank you two.

Michael

Where are you planning to take your Cavern Coarse?

Dennis

Well,I was going to take it with German Yanez`(Yucatech Expeditions. Cozumel, Mexico. Cenote, Cave, Cavern and Technical Diving Courses and Tours. (http://www.yucatech.net/)) in Cozumel, but I've rescheduled for a class this coming December with Kenny P. (SEA TECH Divers - Cavern and Cave Diving Instruction (http://www.seatechdivers.com/)). I'd like to dive the Caribbean AND a cenote or two. :)

Michael

CWSWine
08-13-2009, 15:56
There was a cavern cert going near St Louis at a place called Bonne Terra Mines in Dec and I thought that might be the one you going to. I still thinking about it just depends how far I skills advance over the summer, I'm don't feel right now I have the skill set to attend. No one in our club seems interested in doing the cert.