PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips?

caburrid
07-19-2009, 21:46
I am looking for any tips from stay at home moms that have a hard time finding time to work out. I am struggling with losing some pregnancy weight, and I am thinking a lot of it is because I am always tending to my newborn twins. Does anyone have any tips about how I can lose some weight on a limited schedule?

Rileybri
07-19-2009, 22:02
I am looking for any tips from stay at home moms that have a hard time finding time to work out. I am struggling with losing some pregnancy weight, and I am thinking a lot of it is because I am always tending to my newborn twins. Does anyone have any tips about how I can lose some weight on a limited schedule?

First off, Mazel Tov on the twins. I am not a stay at home mom ( I will be doing the second three months after my wife returns to work) That said I find my self with precious little time for my regular work outs and exercise routines now that we have a 3.5 week old at home. I have been using my sooth the baby to give my wife a few more mins of rest time to get in mini work outs by using the baby as a weight. I do squats, lunges, use and exercise ball for core work. The trick is that even little work outs hear and there add up.
Wii fit is another fun way of getting in the sweat time. good luck!

BRsnow
07-19-2009, 22:27
It is more about calorie intake than it is exercise...so what you eat plays a much bigger part in weight loss than exercise does. So try to fit in what exercise you can, but watching what you eat goes a long way...always a battle as well...

PTAaron
07-19-2009, 23:12
Eating clean smaller meals spread throughout the day helps, as well as trying to get in whatever exercise you can that won't interfere with your busy day.
Trying to fit in a 30 minute walk each day can make a big difference. Taking the twins out for a walk in a stroller around the neighborhood is a good place to start - and it will be something that could be easy to incorporate.

I've mentioned it on here before, but you may want to check out my fitness forum: Fitness Board.net (http://www.fitnessboard.net) ... good people on there that can help you come up with a specific plan. (it is free, so no worries there!)

caburrid
07-22-2009, 05:27
Eating clean smaller meals spread throughout the day helps, as well as trying to get in whatever exercise you can that won't interfere with your busy day.
Trying to fit in a 30 minute walk each day can make a big difference. Taking the twins out for a walk in a stroller around the neighborhood is a good place to start - and it will be something that could be easy to incorporate.

I've mentioned it on here before, but you may want to check out my fitness forum: Fitness Board.net (http://www.fitnessboard.net) ... good people on there that can help you come up with a specific plan. (it is free, so no worries there!)

Thanks Aaron, I am using that website now. It looks good, hopefully I'll be able to shed this weight!

mzbdiver
08-03-2009, 01:57
Go on a vegan (of close to vegan) diet for a week and then you'll start to notice differences. Switch to skim milk if at all possible and drink tea (any kind), it takes the edge off of hunger.

nrembis
08-03-2009, 07:35
It took you 9 months to put the weight on, dont have to be in a rush to take it back off, especially since you have newborns.

Eat grapefruits for breakfast, not fatty cakes or cereals......which reminds me, I need to go outside and smoke my breakfast :)

SammyJ
08-05-2009, 12:29
Fitnessboard is definitely a good resource. The other two things you can do that will really help are:

1. Cut out anything that isn't whole grain. White rice, White bread are bad. Make sure you read the ingredients. If it has an "Enriched" flour, its bad. You'd be surprised at how many things claim to be "Wheat" but the main ingredient is "Enriched Wheat Flour". The adage: if it's white, don't bite.

2. Cut out all soda. Period. Even diet soda is bad, not so much because of calories or carbs, it just has a lot of unnatural stuff in it. Best thing you can do for yourself is drink water.

Congrats on the twins, I'm sure once they start crawling, that weight will come right off ;)

laolady
08-11-2009, 03:30
it will take sometimes. It took me 3 or 4 months to be back to normal weight after giving birth. I didn't do anything special, just eat healthy food and do some house works and take care of the baby, the weight is just gone after I do that regularly. You can check this blog for more information
rapid weight loss diet (http://weightlossforbeginner.********.com)

navyhmc
08-11-2009, 04:22
PM sent to you caburrid.

Foo2
08-11-2009, 18:21
congrats on your sweet babies! I am a stay at home mom to 2 boys ages 5 & 2. Last year I lost 23lbs of baby weight. What I did was watch my calories and portion sizes. Oh my goodness...I was eating for 3 and didn't even realize it! Like someone else said...soda (even diet) is the devil! It is liquid poison. Stick to drinking half of your body weight in water. After my weight loss was well underway, I started the couch to 5k program. You can google it...it's great! But being a stay at home mom, it isn't easy to find the time to run for 30 mins or so. I found a few running partners and we started running at 6am 3 days a week. That way we could be back in time for our husbands to go to work. I won't lie...it sucked. I'm far from a morning person, but you get used to it. Anyway, it's tough to make the time, but your health is well worth it!

Flatliner
08-11-2009, 21:18
I don't know if this is reasonable for you but it has done a miricle for my wife. She and two friends decided to do a half marathon together in a year. (Fast walk, not run) With 3 of them there is a lot of accountability. We are not the exercise types BUT after a month of walking EVERY morning (except Sunday) with her friends she looks forward to it. They actually walk before their bum husbands get up (as in 4:30) but it was the time that worked for them. Bottom line, the accountability worked wonders for her. For the first time in her life she is enjoying exercise. So what am I saying...
1.) Find an exercise buddy or two
2.) Find a goal. (For her, it's a half marathon, for me it's a new drysuit at 220 lbs)

divingyogini
08-20-2009, 17:28
Wow. Congrats!

I concur--don't be in a rush. And if you are nursing your body tries to hold onto the fat so it can make milk. A friend of mine--mom of three and super fit--said it was only after she stopped nursing that she dropped the last 10 pounds.

Also, your body needs at least 7 hours of solid sleep to properly metabolize fat. I'm guessing you're probably not getting that. But you will, and you will start to drop the fat.

I would work on sculpting when you can--try some pilates or yoga at home while the little ones watch. Maybe there's even a mama and baby yoga class nearby? Also, walk walk walk. There are some baby carriers you can use with twins, like this one: Instructions (http://www.mobywrap.com/t-instructions.aspx). Walking helps tremendously, and gives them a nap to boot. When they turn 1, reward yourself with a bicycle trailer and start riding. If you can find a helping hand--swim!

Cut yourself some slack. You have a LOT of very important work to do. The fat will come off eventually. Easier said than done of course, but seriously, as long as you are reasonably healthy, that's where your physique should be right now.