PDA

View Full Version : elmer thomas conditions report?

rayaa3
07-20-2009, 14:19
Hey anyone been out to Lake Elmer Thomas lately?

I'm looking at some lake fun the weekend of August 8-9...Elmer Thomas is close by, but I've been twice, and both times it wasn't much fun...vis of 4' for the first 18 ft, then vis of about 1'.

Right now I seem to be hearing good things about tenkiller once you get below the thermocline.

CSSP is always nice, but I'm not sure if I feel like driving for 4 hours (of course it's about 2.5 hrs to tenkiller from OKC)

Any opinions of anyone who's been to the local lakes recently?

thanks,

Ray

Okc_diver
07-20-2009, 21:01
Hey rayaa3, if you are looking for divers to go I would be intrested. Its been close to 2 months since I've been diving right now I would be up for anything (well almost anything!)

navyhmc
07-20-2009, 22:32
I was going to suggest the midwest muck diving site ( Midwestmuckdiving (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com) ) but the most recent entry is from '08. If you do go, please update for us?

rayaa3
07-24-2009, 12:41
Well - looks like Elmer Thomas is off the table for the moment...dependin g on what's going on at work, I might still try for Tenkiller...and yes, I'll send a trip report here no matter where I go.

OKC - let me see what's going to happen with my plans, and if I do end up going to Tenkiller I'll let you know - maybe we can meet up down there.