PDA

View Full Version : Atom 2.0 dive watch temp. malfunction

Scubling
07-22-2009, 20:33
I have the Atom 2.0 and have been using it for a while. After syncing 3 dives from Gilboa to my computer using oceanlog 2.0, I relized that under dive summary it said my maximum tempature was 90-104*f when the water temp was a min of 55-57*f. Can some one help me with this and/or has anyone else had this problem?

CalBearister99
08-17-2009, 22:12
I had an Elite T3 that registered -2F on a dive. Needless to day, I wasn't in the middle of a block of ice, so I think it was a shade off. ST and Aeris swapped it right out for me.

bigman241
08-17-2009, 22:30
planning on buying the atom 2. Let me know if you get it working or if oceanic covers it. If not and you bought it from st i bet they hook you up

mitsuguy
08-18-2009, 04:23
I have the Atom 2.0 and have been using it for a while. After syncing 3 dives from Gilboa to my computer using oceanlog 2.0, I relized that under dive summary it said my maximum tempature was 90-104*f when the water temp was a min of 55-57*f. Can some one help me with this and/or has anyone else had this problem?

Are you saying, for instance, that maybe at the beginning of the dive, the temperature on your wrist, just as you got in the water, was maybe between 90 and 104, and then, the bottom temp was 55-57?

Sorry, just a little confused, as you have dive summary listed as maximum temp, but real world listed as minimum temp...

Sometimes, when its hot out, the temperature sensor stays warm once in the water long enough to register the higher temperature once underwater and logging starts, thus giving a false maximum temp...