PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Tip of the Day 7/21/09

PTAaron
07-22-2009, 20:46
This is from yesterday... but this is something new we started on my fitness forum, I thought I would repost it here:

Fitness Tip of the Day 7/21/09 Training and Exercise Discussion FitnessBoard.NET: Build Muscle, Burn Fat, Improve Your Health and Fitness. (http://www.fitnessboard.net/showthread.php?t=6220)

Today's Tip
This one is geared to those wanting to start working out, but not sure they have the time:

Starting to get into shape doesn't require THAT much effort. Simply put, you just need to get your body to start burning more calories. Starting on your way to better health and weight loss can be as simple as adding in a 30 minute walk each day. Walking at a moderate pace - for example taking your kids or your dog out for an evening walk after dinner - will get your body burning extra calories. Over the course of weeks and months those add up, and you will find your waist shrinking and your weight going down.
Other very simple ways to start improving your fitness include:
Parking further away from the door. Why fight for a close spot? You burn more energy walking in from the back of the lot.
Use the stairs instead of the elevator. This one is pretty obvious - but it can make a big difference. You burn a lot of calories on stairs, and you also work your muscles more.

There you have it - simple ways to start burning more calories, and get started on getting into shape!

FishFood
07-22-2009, 20:52
Absolutley right! No excuses to nto make small healthy choices through out the day.

Ive started waking up an hour early (or trying to) and running for the past month or so. Not only is the excersie good, but I feel great the rest of the day. Depsite losing an hour of sleep, I feel less groggy ALL day on the days I get up and run!

PTAaron
07-22-2009, 20:58
Exactly! It doesn't take much to start making a difference.

mrm777
07-24-2009, 15:47
No white flour, no white sugar, no nothin' white.......
and get movin'!

BuzzGA
07-24-2009, 22:32
I ride my bike to work (5 miles each way) about 3 days a week and besides saving money on gas I get a nice work out in

Case
07-29-2009, 21:59
Commuting on the bike does so much for physical and mental fitness. It can even improve your career, showing up charged in the morning after a ride gives way to a lot of excess motivation you can channel into your work.

I ride 4 times a week to work, about 15KM's each way and play ice hockey once a week.

Next dive season though I'll have to get a new B.C, the waist on my old one is just too big now.

navyhmc
07-29-2009, 23:00
I switch between two stations, one is 3 miles away and very safe to ride to. The other is 9 miles and a very dangerous section of road so I am not able to ride to that one-pity because I like the longer ride