PDA

View Full Version : Worth the Price????

bsktcase93
07-22-2009, 22:15
I was looking at the prices of some Zeagle equiptment and it was expensive. My question is, is it really worth that much money?

thor
07-22-2009, 22:18
I guess it depends on what you are looking at. I own a Zeagle BC and it was definitely worth the price.

bsktcase93
07-22-2009, 22:26
I was recently looking into bc's for dive team and came across this one. It looked nice until I saw the price tag... ScubaGearPlus Products Zeagle SAR BCD, Public Safety Diving (http://www.scubagearplus.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZEA%2E7807x%2Dx&cat=383)

WaScubaDude
07-23-2009, 00:18
Buy a Zeagle for the weight system, plus it is quality all around, holds its value should you ever want to upgrade.

I had a Ranger and now have a 911 and a Tec. The tec is for sale size lg great condition.

DMWiz
07-23-2009, 08:23
It really depends on how you look at it, if you consider the number of years that particular item will serve you then $300 for a reg. isn't really that much or even $1000. Or a t least that's what I tell my wife when I'm about to buy something really expensive :)

Then I tell her that if I go and use said piece of equipment very often, then the cost per use really goes way way down! :D

DMWiz
07-23-2009, 08:34
To answer your question... I really like Zeagle products because of the quality, performance and support. I recommend them a lot and in comparison with other products that offer maybe the same quality and performance they come short in the support department not to mention that those products are often more expensive.

So if you ask me, they are worth every penny!

Now I would not go ahead and blindly buy any Zeagle product just because it has that fancy Z on it, but most of their products are fairly well priced and the difference between their higher end vs lower end equipment is mostly creature comforts you can live without if you can't afford them.

Lulubelle
07-23-2009, 08:36
I have a zeagle BC, the Stiletto, and for me it was well worth the price as it can be customized to actually fit my body. It is also holding up really well. It only has 43 dives on it, but has been through rusty wrecks, sharp corners, lots of salt, etc and still looks brand new.

scubagirlj
07-23-2009, 10:09
+++ Lulubelle-Zeagle makes it so easy to get a really good fitting BC-they matched up small shoulders with a med waist for me and it fits perfectly-had more buoyancy control with it right out of the box than i did with my previous BC-and their customer service is really great

ScottZeagle
07-23-2009, 12:12
I was recently looking into bc's for dive team and came across this one. It looked nice until I saw the price tag... ScubaGearPlus Products Zeagle SAR BCD, Public Safety Diving (http://www.scubagearplus.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZEA%2E7807x%2Dx&cat=383)

Well...you are looking at the most expensive BC we make - which has a lift harness built into it.

Find another BC that will allow you to repel or be hauled up by a helicopter and let me know how the prices compare!!!

:D

bsktcase93
07-23-2009, 14:28

Well...you are looking at the most expensive BC we make - which has a lift harness built into it.

Find another BC that will allow you to repel or be hauled up by a helicopter and let me know how the prices compare!!!

I havent seen any others out there with a lifting harness built into it thats what caught my eye on this one

TRACI
07-23-2009, 16:20
I have a Zeagle Escape, and love it! When I get ready to upgrade regulators, I will purchase Zeagle regs also.

obrules15
07-23-2009, 18:00
I am on my third Zeagle BC, wait -- fourth and I wouldn't use anything else. For me it is about fit, and durability, but mostly fit.

chinacat46
07-23-2009, 18:20
I am on my third Zeagle BC, wait -- fourth and I wouldn't use anything else. For me it is about fit, and durability, but mostly fit.

Your on your fourth and you have less then 500 dives and you call that durable???? or do you just like to buy BC's?

navyhmc
07-23-2009, 18:31

Your on your fourth and you have less then 500 dives and you call that durable???? or do you just like to buy BC's?

Not dissing Zeagle in anyway, but I'm on my 3rd BC in 35 years... The Dacor Nautilus doesn't count...:smiley36:

CompuDude
07-23-2009, 19:02

I havent seen any others out there with a lifting harness built into it thats what caught my eye on this one

Search and Rescue (SAR) BCs made for the commercial PSD market are naturally going to cost a lot more (and be built to different specs for different needs) than stuff made for the consumer market. Those are aimed at government agencies, not individuals.

Regular Zeagle BCs seem fairly reasonably priced compared to the competition. Compare their regular lines to other top shelf brands like ScubaPro and you'll see their prices are not unusual.

Diver Kat
07-23-2009, 23:33
Zeagle BC, 300+ dives and still going strong. Plus you can't beat their customer service. IF I ever wear my Zena out, it will likely be replaced with another Zeagle.

ScottZeagle
07-24-2009, 09:18

Search and Rescue (SAR) BCs made for the commercial PSD market are naturally going to cost a lot more (and be built to different specs for different needs) than stuff made for the consumer market. Those are aimed at government agencies, not individuals.

Regular Zeagle BCs seem fairly reasonably priced compared to the competition. Compare their regular lines to other top shelf brands like ScubaPro and you'll see their prices are not unusual.

Exactly.

Thanks....

thor
07-24-2009, 11:47
Plus every BC comes with a Scott bobblehead.

chinacat46
07-24-2009, 12:14

Not dissing Zeagle in anyway, but I'm on my 3rd BC in 35 years... The Dacor Nautilus doesn't count...:smiley36:

Yeah I think Zeagle makes good products as well I just found it funny that somebody says they are on their 4th Zeagle and they have less then 500 dives and they use the word durable in the same sentence. Probably more to the story but I can only go by what he posted.

thesmoothdome
07-24-2009, 18:16
I was looking at the prices of some Zeagle equiptment and it was expensive. My question is, is it really worth that much money?

I purchased a Zeagle Envoy regulator and a Zeagle Zena BC for my wife. That should say it all right there.

To elaborate though, my Aqualung regulator costs twice the Zeagle yet I believe that the Zeagle breathes just as well. I dive a Seaquest Black Diamond and miss the hell out of my old Zeagle BC (which predates them having actual models). For the record, I'm a little stouter than I was when I started diving in 1990. I still have the BC, but don't fit it anymore. I'll probably pick up a Zeus for travel and hope that eases the pain.

So, in a nutshell, yes Zeagle is definitely worth the money, but I don't believe them to be any more expensive than comperable gear.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3515/3716455673_1dc74a7b03_b.jpg
Definitely worth the price.

Largo
07-24-2009, 21:05
Besides durability, they also do not have a back-plate. That makes the BC pack up smaller, and possibly makes it more comfortable.

I'm probably way off, but it seems like some other brands include a back-plate to compensate for weaker material.

I don't know. Just guessing.

obrules15
07-27-2009, 07:40

:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36: It's not a durability issue, it's a gain 50#, lose 50# kind of issue. Cold water/Warm water etc. In the post I said FIT as well.

OK, the story is as follows -- Got a Concept II Pro in 2000, it was stolen in 2001, replaced with a Concept II Pro. Gained 50# (gave Concept II Pro to friend to get her started diving) bought a brigade -- converted it to Ranger for cold water -- gave to fiance who is now more addicted to diving than I am and I decided I hated cold water diving (what can I say I am a wimp) and bought a Lazer -- have lost 50# and am trying to figure out how not to buy another BC . See it's not as crazy as it sounds. Well maybe a little crazy :)