PDA

View Full Version : Diving in San Antonio area?

cgvmer
08-26-2007, 22:20
OK so I just received an email and my boss is telling me I'm going to San Antonio instead of Austin. So is there any diving in the San Antonio area......

Your help is appreciated..

divechaplain-sara
08-27-2007, 02:33
canyon lake is a little north of there--I did my first night dive there this time last year.

gtjason2000
08-27-2007, 08:46
austin still isn't that far away. Also nearby is aquarena springs - crystal clear water but you can only go in on science dives.

greyzen
08-27-2007, 09:55
I've lived in Austin for 4yrs... and for some reason, never made it to San Antonio :)

mm_dm
08-27-2007, 10:36
PM me when you get out this way. I do alot of local diving- Canyon Lake, Comal River, Lake Travis (Austin). A few spots around, your basic green water diving. You can dive it all year though and it helps keep you in scuba shape for the saltwater trips. We take trips down to South Padre from time to time and do some rigs dives out in the gulf- those can be pretty good and they're cheap. I'd be happy to show you some of the local spots.

Mike

greyzen
08-27-2007, 10:49
Mike, maybe you can point me to some good spots near or in Houston?
I know San Antonio is like 3hrs away, but as I'm from Dallas and the farthest south I had ever been was like... Dallas... I'm not very versed on Houston at all.

ertechsg
08-27-2007, 10:50
austin still isn't that far away. Also nearby is aquarena springs - crystal clear water but you can only go in on science dives.
Have to be certed by them first $220 for the class

mm_dm
08-27-2007, 15:41
Mike, maybe you can point me to some good spots near or in Houston?
I know San Antonio is like 3hrs away, but as I'm from Dallas and the farthest south I had ever been was like... Dallas... I'm not very versed on Houston at all.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with dive spots around Houston. If you post this questions in the Swamp Divers forum, you'll probably get some info. Good luck!

Mike