PDA

View Full Version : Indonesia Slide Show

jet126
07-30-2009, 12:10
Finally! Pics from my trip to Lembeh Resort, Indonesia. When you have ten minutes ... enjoy!
The trip report is posted in another thread on this board.

YouTube - Indonesia! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNdo1kFr0Dc)

:smilie40:

navyhmc
07-30-2009, 12:15
Siskel and Ebert would have given this three thumbs up!

I've seen youtubes' that make me scream "I want my 10 minutes back!!!" This easily made me give you an additional 10 minutes!

Great show!!!

chinacat46
07-30-2009, 13:22
Good job Joanie!

Travelnsj
07-30-2009, 14:18
GREAT job Joanie....loved some of those Nudi's and the Flamboyant Cuttlefish!

jet126
07-30-2009, 14:41
Thanks guys!

Scott you totally have flamboyant cuttle fish envy. But I can't talk because I'm working on my 5 lb critter list for my next trip. After all, I have 200,000 rupiah burning a hole in my pocket!

gee
07-30-2009, 22:46
WOW! Great slideshow! It's much better than most of the ones dive ops & liveaboards sell. It goes well with your excellent report. I'll bookmark both so I can find them when I need a little pick-me-up! Thanks again for sharing.

Desert_Diver
07-31-2009, 11:08
You took some great photos and did a fine job assembling them into the video. You get a gold star.

I noticed that you had some shots of the cabana boys too. :smilie39:

Excellant show.

Art

chinacat46
07-31-2009, 12:23
You took some great photos and did a fine job assembling them into the video. You get a gold star.

I noticed that you had some shots of the cabana boys too. :smilie39:

Excellant show.

Art

Yeah but truth be told she didn't take most of the UW photos did you Joanie?

WaScubaDude
07-31-2009, 12:31
Really great show. at 3:25 is the white "stick" something in the forground or has the eel been speared?

jet126
07-31-2009, 12:50
Really great show. at 3:25 is the white "stick" something in the forground or has the eel been speared?

The guides use muck sticks to "coax" critters, etc. Something I would never dream of doing but this is their playground.

And Chuck is right. I took the surface shots but many of the uw pics (all the really good ones) were courtesy of fellow divers Frankie and Ing Ing. I just made sure to only include things I actually saw.

chinacat46
07-31-2009, 15:18
Yeah but you did a great job putting the show together. Only bad thing is now more people will go to Lembeh :-(. It really sucks people stay away! You don't want to go muck diving.

Travelnsj
07-31-2009, 16:35
I do not like Lembeh, Bali or Raja Ampat either....My advice to everyone go to Bunaken or Wakatobi!

Desert_Diver
07-31-2009, 22:35

The guides use muck sticks to "coax" critters, etc. Something I would never dream of doing but this is their playground.

And Chuck is right. I took the surface shots but many of the uw pics (all the really good ones) were courtesy of fellow divers Frankie and Ing Ing. I just made sure to only include things I actually saw.

Doesn't matter who took the pics, I still enjoyed it.

Art

Travelnsj
07-31-2009, 22:55

Joanie I am surprised by the Coaxing of the critters. I have dove with Abner, Ronald, Samuel, Johnnie and someone else....I've seen them clear rubbish around a critter or move a soda can or bottle that a coconut octopus was in but never touched anything. Who was your guide(s)?

I think your video was great although some of the photos were not yours....a lot better than the stills you see from that guy who lives in CO or maybe a pic (if you are lucky) from that other person in Utah.

jet126
08-01-2009, 06:43
Yeah but you did a great job putting the show together. Only bad thing is now more people will go to Lembeh :-(. It really sucks people stay away! You don't want to go muck diving.

Yes, people. Stay away from Lembeh! The gift shop has NO selection.

jet126
08-01-2009, 06:55

Joanie I am surprised by the Coaxing of the critters. I have dove with Abner, Ronald, Samuel, Johnnie and someone else....I've seen them clear rubbish around a critter or move a soda can or bottle that a coconut octopus was in but never touched anything. Who was your guide(s)?

I think your video was great although some of the photos were not yours....a lot better than the stills you see from that guy who lives in CO or maybe a pic (if you are lucky) from that other person in Utah.

The angle of the camera makes it look like he was poking the eel but he wasn't. I didn't see much actual touching. Although that is Julie's hand holding the shrimp in that one shot. The guides used the sticks mostly like you remember: moving things around but rarely going so far as to touch something.

Erwin told warned us in his first briefing that the guides would do this but under no circumstances we were to try it ourselves. I told Chuck in another thread that I bought a muck stick and then ended up not ever using it. I had heard so much about the importance of buoyancy. Conditions were such that buoyancy was never an issue for me.

Our guides rotated: Andi, Paulus, Gayus, Jerry and Julie on the "double dive." I thought they were all excellent. They found everything! (Oh wait ... I'm not supposed to say that, am I)!

chinacat46
08-01-2009, 07:06

Guess I won't have to send you anymore CD's of pics. :smiley20:

Travelnsj
08-01-2009, 14:53
Guess I won't have to send you anymore CD's of pics. :smiley20:

Hey keep sending them...what makes you think I was talking about you?...LOL

CompuDude
08-01-2009, 15:45
Nice job!

I wanna go back!