PDA

View Full Version : First Time Underwater Since Giving Birth

caburrid
07-30-2009, 20:41
I just got back from some pool time to readjust to some of my equipment. It was my first time being underwater since having my twins and gosh it was amazing. It was soooo peaceful and I didnt hear crying! Next up I need to head down to Gilboa or a quarry for a weekend kid free dive trip, lol. Anyone have any good first dive stories after giving it up for a while?

navyhmc
07-30-2009, 23:03
I don't know of any stories, but I will say good luck for your first away from the little one dive! At least you can't call home from underwater (wife did that 3 times in our first away from son dinner.)

jet126
07-31-2009, 08:15
Two years ago a non-diving medical incident forced me to take an 8 month surface interval. My "return to the sea" was March 22, 2008. It was chilly, kind of overcast with choppy seas, low viz and we didn't see jack squat.

It was the best dive of my life.

Scuba Pete
07-31-2009, 08:26
I was on a diving break for about 3 years because I graduated college and didnt really have time or a buddy to dive with. Bacically life caught up with me. Long story short I got back in the water a few weeks ago. I had to borrow some tanks as everything of mine needed a hydro, all 6 tanks. :smiley24: The dives where set at Haigh Quarry in Kankakee, IL. The day was wonderful. The weather was beautiful sunny and warm but not too warm. Company was incredable. Dives sucked. Cold and 3' vis. But all was good because I was back in the water. I hadnt lost my trim. It took me a few minutes to readjust to being underwater but none the less i was underwater. Best feeling that i have had in a while.

mouse
07-31-2009, 14:53
Congrats. I'm still making my stories and its been amazing. We are looking into going to Cozumel soon and I am so excited. Just hope it will go as smooth as my other dives. I've never been deeper than 15 ft, so I'm nervous but anxious. Have fun.

caburrid
07-31-2009, 19:22
I don't know of any stories, but I will say good luck for your first away from the little one dive! At least you can't call home from underwater (wife did that 3 times in our first away from son dinner.)

Haha heck NO, I will not be calling to check on them this weekend. They are spending a night at the grandparents, and my husband and I will be spending all night in bed.....SLEEPING! :smiley20:

navyhmc
07-31-2009, 20:01

Haha heck NO, I will not be calling to check on them this weekend. They are spending a night at the grandparents, and my husband and I will be spending all night in bed.....SLEEPING! :smiley20:

:smilie39: :smilie39:

Been there Done That!!!

Splitlip
07-31-2009, 21:07

Haha heck NO, I will not be calling to check on them this weekend. :smiley20:
Wanna bet? :smiley2: