PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Aquatics...

PTAaron
07-30-2009, 22:38
I just wanted to share a story of above and beyond customer service from my local dive shop Advanced Aquatics in St. Clair Shores, MI.

The past 2 weekends we have been diving with people from the shop at Portage Quarry, and because we purchased most of our gear from Advanced Aquatics the owner (Mike) lets us have free rental wetsuits and tanks to use for any events the shop is a part of.

Our plan was to return the tanks and wetsuits this Saturday - and we called to see about keeping them for another day so we could use them for our upcoming Lake Huron dives... and Mike said we could just return the stuff Monday. Very nice, but this isn't the point of the story ;)

On my way to work this morning I planned to stop by a shop near work to get the tanks filled, and rent an additional tank. The owner of the other shop took a look at the tanks I brought in - and told me he wouldn't fill them. He said the tanks were "too old", and also pointed to out of date hydro stamps saying they were expired (newer stamps were also on the tank, but he didn't point to those - and I didn't see them until later).

I emailed Mike, and he had apparently already received a call from the other shop owner. Long story short - he is driving out of his way after work tomorrow to meet up by my house and bring us 4 full tanks to exchange for the 3 empty tanks! That is going above and beyond in my eyes!

gNats
07-30-2009, 22:46
I have a similar story. Mike ordered my reg for me last fall. It was supposed to be in for my upcoming dive weekend. Long story short, the reg came in late. Mike delivered it to my house so I wouldn't have to make a special trip.

navyhmc
07-30-2009, 23:32
Sounds like great service...I may havea shop if I ever can get up that way!

petronius
07-30-2009, 23:42
That's really cool, sounds like an all-around good guy as well as a savvy businessman. Perhaps you should invite him on the dive trip?

I'm kind of curious why the other shop called Mike - did he realize that he'd misread the hydro, or was there some skulduggery afoot?

PTAaron
07-30-2009, 23:53
I'm not sure either... other than that they know each other and he wanted to explain before Mike got an annoyed call from me?