w00t! navyhmc good job! :smiley20:

Rileybri
08-02-2009, 10:10
Just remember us little people when you look down on us......:smiley20:

TRiggER2117
08-02-2009, 10:29
Just remember us little people when you look down on us......:smiley20:

:smilie39::smilie39:

navy has helped me out on almost all of my threads actually so Im sure he will remember us :smiley2:

caburrid
08-02-2009, 11:08
Congrats navyhmc! Now that you have reached 4k, you gotta make sure you stay with us. Don't go and pursue some other title on another forum. I am monitoring the craft forum websites...

Splitlip
08-02-2009, 11:24
Congrats navyhmc! Now that you have reached 4k, you gotta make sure you stay with us. Don't go and pursue some other title on another forum. I am monitoring the craft forum websites...

I don't think Navy is in it just for the GMS gift card from Scuba Toys. I suspect he'll still be around (even after the ST shopping spree.)

Rileybri
08-02-2009, 11:53

I don't think Navy is in it just for the GMS gift card from Scuba Toys. I suspect he'll still be around (even after the ST shopping spree.)

Oh man I forgot about the shopping spree. One cart and two mins.in the store to load it up with as much as you can fit in the sucker (no two mins. on the web site and as much as you can fit in your online cart is out of the question). But its the first class flight to Dallas from anywhere in the Cont. US to get to the shopping spree that is the deal maker! 4K hear I come!!!

Splitlip
08-02-2009, 15:21
I wish they had given me 2 minutes on the web.

I would have done better if I was more familiar with the shop. I am not complaining though.

FYI, Larry does have some rules on the shopping spree. (check the link).

For example, you can't fill your cart with computers and regulators (and then EBAY them.)

PTAaron
08-02-2009, 15:27
Congratz Navy!

I can't tell if you guys serious or joking about the shopping spree... if you are that is amazing.

Splitlip
08-02-2009, 15:43
Riley is jacking you about the first class flight. It was fine though. The hotel was good too. I cannot remember the name, but it is one that had a name :) at least. Nice. (It was the same place I stayed with my daughter's travel volley ball team.)

bennerman
08-02-2009, 16:07
Well, even though he can't see this, Congratulations :)

Desert_Diver
08-02-2009, 16:30
Why is everyone so surprised?

All Navy Chiefs just sit around and generate hot air. Usually with a cup of coffee in their hand. :smilie39:

It's part of their job description.

Art

PS Congratulations.

fire diver
08-02-2009, 17:04
I'm not suprised at all. I just can't decide whether to say "congrats" or to shake my head in amusement..

OH what the heck.... Congrats!

Vercingetorix
08-02-2009, 17:13
What a Grand Master Chief Spammer may look like:

http://www.gameguru.in/images/halo-master-chief-1.jpg

Coastie6
08-02-2009, 17:59
Congrats Chief! Always sound advice you can trust. :smiley32:

K9Pig
08-02-2009, 19:32
:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20: Way to go Navy....

navyhmc
08-02-2009, 19:38
Thanks to one and all.

What can I say, I totally enjoy this place. I'll let everyone know about the....well, I can't 'cause it's a secret. :smiley36:

Rileybri
08-02-2009, 20:21
Riley is jacking you about the first class flight. It was fine though. The hotel was good too. I cannot remember the name, but it is one that had a name :) at least. Nice. (It was the same place I stayed with my daughter's travel volley ball team.)

Well Ni was just assuming it was a FC ticket I men with the the value of the gear you wind up the flight with there travel miles would be a drop in the bucket. At least they fly ya there though.......

Splitlip
08-02-2009, 20:38
Even if they did not fly me, it would still have been worth it. Scuba Toys ROCKS!

bennerman
08-02-2009, 20:51
Congratz Navy!

I can't tell if you guys serious or joking about the shopping spree... if you are that is amazing.

Same, though with the $4 Million revenue in 2007 (according to New York Times), which probably has increased since then, I really wouldn't put it past them... Anyone care to explain however?

Sansho
08-02-2009, 21:09
:smiley32::smiley32::smiley32::smiley32::smiley32:

maverick
08-03-2009, 18:38
Way 2 go NavyHMC

CompuDude
08-03-2009, 19:35

Welcome to club, Navy!

You guys didn't get the first class flight? I really enjoy my stay at the W in Dallas, where did they put you up?

What really put it over the top for me, though, was the limousine pickup, the per-diem during my stay, and my private, intimate dinner with the models from the forum video.

Maybe that was reserved for the first GMS.

:smiley2:

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

navyhmc
08-03-2009, 20:37
Hey guys, I did get my certificate today!!!!! Real nice.

bennerman
08-03-2009, 20:53
How come I have not heard of this certificate before now? That adds credit to the theory that you're all joking

johnyringo
08-03-2009, 20:53
Congrats chief!

fire diver
08-03-2009, 21:27
How come I have not heard of this certificate before now? That adds credit to the theory that you're all joking

Because it's very rare, and most don't flaunt it.

scubasamurai
08-03-2009, 21:32
it is written in their contracts hahaha

Diver Kat
08-03-2009, 23:42
Duh! It's secret!! The GMSers are not about to show you the secret handshake either .... but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist! :smiley36:

Splitlip
08-04-2009, 05:43

Welcome to club, Navy!

You guys didn't get the first class flight? I really enjoy my stay at the W in Dallas, where did they put you up?

What really put it over the top for me, though, was the limousine pickup, the per-diem during my stay, and my private, intimate dinner with the models from the forum video.

Maybe that was reserved for the first GMS.

:smiley2:

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Mybe so. :) They put me in the Adolphus. "Airport limo" pickup. Pretty basic, but I cannot complain.

Splitlip
08-04-2009, 05:47
There a sticky or something that explains. I can't remember where.
You can' be posting "I agree" or "good Job" or "me too" the posts need to contribute to the forum.

(I think if you are under 18yrs, you need a parent's consent.)

Vercingetorix
08-04-2009, 08:26
How come I have not heard of this certificate before now? That adds credit to the theory that you're all jokingI live in Dallas, about 15 minutes from ScubaToys. Just before CompuDude made GMS status, I was in the store buying some knick-knack or whatever. As I was paying, Rick, Joe and I were BS'ing about various topics. The subject of the popularity of the forum came up. (Back then, there were less than 4000 members). We discussed the various levels, such as Guppy, Barracuda, Shark, etc.

Joe mentioned that Kalani AKA CompuDude, and his approaching the 4000 mark. There was, apparently, quite a bit od discussion between Larry and Joe concerning what the next level above Shark should be called and what the number of posts were required. So Rick speaks up and says, "I've read his posts. I dunno. Seems like a lot spam to me. Lots of good stuff on topic an very informative, but the rest...pfft!!" There were nods of agreement all round. We agreed; he was a Master Spammer.

"Regardless", replied Joe. The he said something like, "That level of commitment deserves special rewards." The result of that discussion and a follow-on with Larry, gave rise to the limo, Adolphus hotel, framed certificate, etc., etc., etc.

I'm sworn to secrecy concerning the 10,000 level.

chilly willy
08-04-2009, 08:53
:partysmiley:Congrats Navy!!!:partysmiley:

fire diver
08-04-2009, 10:08
I've heard rumors that you can get your own ST franchise after the 10,000 mark. The reasoning behind it was that since you obviously spend 10-12 hours a day here anyway, you might as be selling some stuff and making more money for Joe and Larry.

CompuDude
08-04-2009, 14:40

I'll let you know. :smiley31:

Rileybri
08-04-2009, 14:51

the crazy thing about this man people is that he waists (read contributes) as much time on at least two other forums as he does hear on ST! lol dont ask me how I know this.............:smilie39:

bennerman
08-04-2009, 15:47

the crazy thing about this man people is that he waists (read contributes) as much time on at least two other forums as he does hear on ST! lol dont ask me how I know this.............:smilie39:

I waste time equally amongst all forums, and I don't have a life, so there!

Rileybri
08-04-2009, 17:47

First off when ya have GMS status on several forums than ya can brag:smiley2:
B) WHen you have graduated from collage (if in fact you are only 15, and you have collage in Canadia) and you make as much of a contribution to all three forums while doing on someone else's dime then you can brag...:smiley36:

CompuDude
08-04-2009, 18:04

B) WHen you have graduated from collage (if in fact you are only 15, and you have collage in Canadia) and you make as much of a contribution to all three forums while doing on someone else's dime then you can brag...:smiley36:

There's only one forum with a GMS title.

*cue ghostly "there can be only one..."

And only one forum where I care to spend this much time, frankly. :)

caburrid
08-04-2009, 20:26

Aww, how sweet! :smiley31::smiley9: This sure is a great forum with a great attitude. I like to get answers to my questions from Navy or you Compudude. You really do contribute a lot to the forum.

Rileybri
08-04-2009, 20:49

What a class act you are. We can al learn a thing or two from a stand up man like you!

:smiley31:

Diver Kat
08-04-2009, 23:17
Aww, how sweet! :smiley31::smiley9: This sure is a great forum with a great attitude. I like to get answers to my questions from Navy or you Compudude. You really do contribute a lot to the forum. And there's the added bonus of them both being funny as heck on occasion!!:smiley36:
(Must be a GMS requirement ... )

bennerman
08-04-2009, 23:55

I have +4000 on several forums... none of them give gift cetificates though... And yes, I am 15... Colleges? No comment

bigman241
08-18-2009, 17:49
so if i hit 4000k i get a shopping spree. Really only 3764 to go. MMM wonder if i can do it in a month. :smiley2: If i can do it at 50 a day thats just over 75 days HEre i come larry.
No just joking. Though i will be thinking about that one for a long time. Tanks no reg no computers. ERRr no bcs there not going to have my size. LOL
COngrats i will be happy with my 50 bucks. Though i did not push my post count to get there. I really had that many questions. :smiley20:
I wish they had given me 2 minutes on the web.

I would have done better if I was more familiar with the shop. I am not complaining though.

FYI, Larry does have some rules on the shopping spree. (check the link).

For example, you can't fill your cart with computers and regulators (and then EBAY them.)

DevilDiver
08-18-2009, 18:37
Congrats and thanks for all of the input!!

maverick
08-18-2009, 18:41
Way 2 go Navy.

Vlane
08-18-2009, 19:50
Congrats navy, hope you enjoyed all the...perks :smiley36:

Splitlip
08-19-2009, 20:18
Let us know what (scuba) toys you score.