PDA

View Full Version : deep sea fishing

TRiggER2117
08-02-2009, 10:27
I went deep sea fishing recently we went out about 40 miles into th gulf of mexico from Apalachicola FL. SouthWest (I think).

But anyways it was awesome we wnt to a wreck and dropped anchor and started reeling in the snapper :smiley20:

Anyways it was a great experience we didnt dive but ti was still awesome.

And idk if you have ever seen a flying fish but their pretty cool. They are little fish that come out of the wake of your boat and basically "fly" right above the surface of the water. its pretty amazing :smilie40:

BRsnow
08-05-2009, 23:20
The people I dive with in Cozumel, will troll between dives, good way to get some surface time in between, got a nice tuna last time I was down there...great way to add to a dive trip....

fire diver
08-06-2009, 08:12
I've done both, the anchoring and the trolling and I had a great time doing both. I love fishing, but I love to eat fresh fish even more. The ceviche the chef made on my liveaboard with fresh-caught mahi-mahi was incredible!

DMWiz
08-06-2009, 08:40
Oddly enough, I've seen more sharks topside than when I've dive. I've seen 12' hammers, 10' blues, and actually hooked a 5' baby tiger shark which was promptly released, I've caught a few dusky sharks too and small bonnet-head sharks . But I've only seen reef and nurse sharks while diving.

Trigger, where you in what's called The Middle Grounds? I keep reading about that spot and would love to visit one of these days. I hear it's phenomenal!