PDA

View Full Version : Kona's Big Island Divers

WV Diver
08-03-2009, 09:18
Who has been out with Big Island Divers on their Black Water Night Dive? Is it a worth while trip for the last week of Oct? Suggestions, pictures, trip reports and general info appreciated.

Black Water Night Dive see pelagic fish off Kona Hawaii's magic coast line Scuba Hawaii (http://www.bigislanddivers.com/Black.html)

chilly willy
08-03-2009, 09:50
I prefer Kona Honu divers, they are very friendly and accommodating. I have no experience with Big Island, either one you choose make sure you do the manta dive.

Travelnsj
08-03-2009, 10:23
I have dove with Kona Honu and Big Island divers...I would have to give the edge to Big Island as i like smaller groups....Kona Honu tends to have cattle boats with snorklers, new and experenced divers on one boat. But their dive guides are great.

I have heard about the Black water dives and they can be amazing....just something that bothers me trolling in the water at nite is there are Pacific white sharks in those waters.....not that they have never had a problem...but I rather do my nite dive with the Mantas.

chilly willy
08-03-2009, 20:06
I have dove with Kona Honu and Big Island divers...I would have to give the edge to Big Island as i like smaller groups....Kona Honu tends to have cattle boats with snorklers, new and experenced divers on one boat. But their dive guides are great.

I have heard about the Black water dives and they can be amazing....just something that bothers me trolling in the water at nite is there are Pacific white sharks in those waters.....not that they have never had a problem...but I rather do my nite dive with the Mantas.
As mentioned above, Kona Honu does have a large boat in addition to their small one, by all means go on the small one.

sabbath999
08-31-2009, 16:10
Big Island is a great outfit. If you want to do Black Water, hook up with their DM Josh, he's excellent at that. They take out a boat with 8 or less divers on it.

Highly recommended.