PDA

View Full Version : Oasis

broncrider
08-04-2009, 13:45
Does anyone have any information on the Oasis, it was a place just west of Denton. I would like to get in touch with the owners and see if we can get it opened back up. I just spoke with the folks down at Athens scuba park and they are still saying maybe they can open in a couple of weeks. But it doesnt sound too promising. they are telling me vis is at 2' or less. which I wouldnt mind but they don't want to open up in that condition.

PlatypusMan
08-04-2009, 16:21
Does anyone have any information on the Oasis, it was a place just west of Denton. I would like to get in touch with the owners and see if we can get it opened back up. I just spoke with the folks down at Athens scuba park and they are still saying maybe they can open in a couple of weeks. But it doesnt sound too promising. they are telling me vis is at 2' or less. which I wouldnt mind but they don't want to open up in that condition.

From what I gleaned, the site had no compressor, and it was spotty at best if the closest compressor at Island Divers (about 20-30 minutes away) had their's up and running when you needed a fill.

The owners apparently put little to no effort into the park facility as far as amenities go.

You might want to ask the folks at Island Divers if the owners are remotely interested in making the site available again, but I doubt it. The liability issues alone are enough to give them pause.

PPM