PDA

View Full Version : Seaquest Spectrum 2

canasm00
08-07-2009, 20:01
I bought a used Seaquest Spectrum 2 BCD for my son at a good price. The reason is that he is 12 and he will outgrow the vest soon enough, so eventually I will get him a new one, but for now he can do with the used one.

The BCD is in great shape, but when I tried to connect it to the low pressure hose, it seems that the vest fitting for the inflator is way to thing compared to the connector on the hose, so much so that it will not engage and will slip away. The connector on my hose is a standard one since I've used it with several different vests.

I'm not aware that there are two different sizes for hose connectors.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks

WaScubaDude
08-07-2009, 21:11
Yes there are several different sizes. Also, is there an inflater/octo or inflater/octo hose involved? They are not compatible with regular inflater fittings.
A pic of both the inflater nipple and hose end will help us diagnose the issue.

Any local dive shop can also remedy this issue for $25 or less.

canasm00
08-07-2009, 22:33
Yes there are several different sizes. Also, is there an inflater/octo or inflater/octo hose involved? They are not compatible with regular inflater fittings.
A pic of both the inflater nipple and hose end will help us diagnose the issue.

Any local dive shop can also remedy this issue for $25 or less.

Here are the photos. On the left photo the left connector is the Seaquest I'm refering to the right one is from a normal connector.

The right picture is of the whole inflator.

I don't have a dive shop near so I will have to order whatever remedy from the internet. I just neet to know what to order and how to search for it.

Thanks to all

Splitlip
08-07-2009, 23:30
The "normal" one I believe is on the SeaQuest inflator. The one you show as "normal", is that an octo inflator?

Worst case, buy a standard LP inflator hose.

(flags go up when you call the BC a "vest". But that is just me.)