PDA

View Full Version : Going to the dark side.

DivingCRNA
08-08-2009, 20:17
Not only do I hold a cavern cert, but I dive doubled, am working on a Tec Deep course and...

My scuba IQ work is done for the SDI Solo Diver Course. I finish it up on Monday.

When do I get my dark helmet? When I finish a full cave course?

bigman241
08-08-2009, 21:08
Dam I bet everyone either hates you or envys you. I give you :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20: Three smiley thumbs up. Kind of my plan i want to do it all two. Cave dive solo dive deep dive.

Not only do I hold a cavern cert, but I dive doubled, am working on a Tec Deep course and...

My scuba IQ work is done for the SDI Solo Diver Course. I finish it up on Monday.

gNats
08-08-2009, 22:52
Are there cookies? I want some!

navyhmc
08-09-2009, 04:46

Now your training is complete....Rise Darth CRNA!!!!:lsvader:

Congrats Don! I"m sure the dive(s) will be easy for you.

DivingCRNA
08-09-2009, 07:00

I can give you a cookie....

gNats
08-09-2009, 07:14

Wow..... Is that like offering me a piece of candy?
:smiley20:

DivingCRNA
08-09-2009, 07:56

Wow..... Is that like offering me a piece of candy?

Or is it like a glass of Kool Aid?

Vercingetorix
08-09-2009, 09:50
You crossed to the dark side the first time you donned a BP/W...and liked it.

snagel
08-09-2009, 09:56
Congrats CRNA!!!! You definately have taken the ball and ran with it. Your skills have to be awesome. For me, I'm staying out of the caves. I've dove the cenotes and they were great. I recently dove Bonne Terre Mine and that totally freaked me out for some reason. I can tell I'm not a cave/cavern type of diver.

Congrats again,

Snagel

Vercingetorix
08-09-2009, 10:11
I recently dove Bonne Terre Mine and that totally freaked me out for some reason. I can tell I'm not a cave/cavern type of diver.There's a great article on the Bonne Terre Mine dive in the June 2009 issue of Scuba Diving (page 28).

Rileybri
08-09-2009, 10:29
I spotted a very proud CRNA yesterday at the mall

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/58/196614557_f0428eafc2.jpg
:smilie39::smilie39:

DivingCRNA
08-09-2009, 10:33
For clarity: I am not bragging or being cocky. Accidents happen to overconfident divers.

I am just being funny. :-D

navyhmc
08-09-2009, 11:21

That's not Don, that's "DARK HELMET!!!!" a bit different, he's got "The Schwartz!"

Rileybri
08-09-2009, 11:29

That's not Don, that's "DARK HELMET!!!!" a bit different, he's got "The Schwartz!"

Ohhh my mistake he said "dark helmet" no "Darth Helmet". You have accomplished a great feat in diving that will open up many new doors for you. There is no confusion between you excitement for reaching this milestone. Enjoy every minute of it.

Flatliner
08-09-2009, 15:54
At risk of violating the spirit of this thread, I have a serious question. I thought "the dark side" meant re-breather? Am I incorrect. I would love to start drinking the coolaide if my DSS set up qualifies me.

gNats
08-09-2009, 16:07
I'm very proud of your accomplishments. Just think, next year you can DM for my deep tec class!

I've already drank the koolaid!

Vercingetorix
08-09-2009, 16:20
At risk of violating the spirit of this thread, I have a serious question. I thought "the dark side" meant re-breather? Am I incorrect. I would love to start drinking the coolaide if my DSS set up qualifies me.I hadn't heard "dark side" in context of rebreather. Usually refers to those who have succumbed to the sweet Siren's song that is BP/W.

Because, then you're a "tech diver", and as my OW instructor gravely informed us, "Tech divers die".

navyhmc
08-09-2009, 18:49
At risk of violating the spirit of this thread, I have a serious question. I thought "the dark side" meant re-breather? Am I incorrect. I would love to start drinking the coolaide if my DSS set up qualifies me.I hadn't heard "dark side" in context of rebreather. Usually refers to those who have succumbed to the sweet Siren's song that is BP/W.

Because, then you're a "tech diver", and as my OW instructor gravely informed us, "Tech divers die".

My reply might be: "So do OW rec divers" I've always heard the dark side referred to as Tech. And if that's the case, what is a rebreather referred to as.

I can still remember when Nitrox was frowned upon by the major rec agencies and referred to as voodoo gas. Unfortunately at that time I bought into it. After taking the nitrox class last year, I really wish I knew in 1984 what I now know.

skdvr
08-09-2009, 20:58
I think when after you go to the Tec side and then you see the rebreather starign at you that becomes the Dark Side... So it just depends on who is saying it... Others refer the dark side to DIR. Mostly I hear it when you go Tec from Rec though...

Phil

fire diver
08-09-2009, 21:17

You can't have the helmet, Vader already uses that. You have to have your own costume. I think your costume should be a black drysuit with a pink speedo on the outside, pink fins and the full hood of your choice (but I think you should go with pink). :smiley20:

wheelman
08-09-2009, 21:54
Excellent accomplishments... Hope to be there one day myself. Cheers to you.

skdvr
08-10-2009, 05:13
You can't have the helmet, Vader already uses that. You have to have your own costume. I think your costume should be a black drysuit with a pink speedo on the outside, pink fins and the full hood of your choice (but I think you should go with pink). :smiley20:

That would be to dang FUNYY:smilie39:

Phil

DivingCRNA
08-11-2009, 13:31
I do have a black drysuit. All I need is the pink speedo. If someone donates it, I will wear it and take pics! :-D

Last night's dives got canceled due to lightning, but we are on for tonight, and we did classroom last night.

Rileybri
08-11-2009, 13:33
I do have a black drysuit. All I need is the pink speedo. If someone donates it, I will wear it and take pics! :-D

Last night's dives got canceled due to lightning, but we are on for tonight, and we did classroom last night.

What is the address it should be sent to???:smiley2:

DivingCRNA
08-11-2009, 13:47

What is the address it should be sent to???:smiley2:

I have a 32 inch waist, but it needs to fit over a large Pinnacle drysuit. It also needs plenty of room up front:smiley2:

Works better if delivered in person, but I could PM an address.

Lobster Hunter
08-11-2009, 14:14
Won't need as much room up front if you move your hands... you need them to don and doff anyway. :)

skdvr
08-11-2009, 14:55
Won't need as much room up front if you move your hands... you need them to don and doff anyway. :)

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Phil