PDA

View Full Version : Atmos Ai Problem ????

murzik
08-09-2009, 21:05
Went diving today with my new Atoms Ai. Noticed something strange. It shows Air Time Remaining instead of Dive Time remaining. I did not press any buttons to enter that mode. It just did it by itself.

Any ideas ?

LaCroix42
08-10-2009, 00:56
Went diving today with my new Atoms Ai. Noticed something strange. It shows Air Time Remaining instead of Dive Time remaining. I did not press any buttons to enter that mode. It just did it by itself.

Any ideas ?

By default the Ai will display the lower of your times, air or NDL time remaining.

murzik
08-10-2009, 09:16
How sure are you ? It might make since thou. I was under 20ft battling have current with about 2500 psi. It showed that I have about 20 min ART.

ScubaToys Larry
08-10-2009, 09:33
He is very, very sure.... That's how they work.

Why bother show you your remaining bottom time for your decompression status is 225 minutes when your air is only going to last 20... or vice versa. That's one of the beautiful things about the aeris / oceanic computers (and a patented feature) that is always shows the most critical info, and you can toggle to the less critical with a push of a button.

navyhmc
08-10-2009, 09:36
How sure are you ? It might make since thou. I was under 20ft battling have current with about 2500 psi. It showed that I have about 20 min ART.

From the Aeris Atmos Ai user manual:

Dive Time Remaining
One of the most important pieces of information on the Aeris dive computer is the 'Dive Time Remaining numeric display'. The ATMOS ai constantly monitors no decompression status, oxygen accumulation status and breathing gas consumption rate.

The Dive Time Remaining display* will indicate the time that is most critical for you at that particular moment (i.e. whichever time is least amount available). The specific time displayed is identified by the No Decompression Time icon, the O2 Time icon or the Tank icon.

(*This unique feature has been granted U.S. Patent no 4,586,136.)

Page 18 of the owners manual.

murzik
08-10-2009, 09:41

From the Aeris Atmos Ai user manual:

Dive Time Remaining
One of the most important pieces of information on the Aeris dive computer is the 'Dive Time Remaining numeric display'. The ATMOS ai constantly monitors no decompression status, oxygen accumulation status and breathing gas consumption rate.

The Dive Time Remaining display* will indicate the time that is most critical for you at that particular moment (i.e. whichever time is least amount available). The specific time displayed is identified by the No Decompression Time icon, the O2 Time icon or the Tank icon.

(*This unique feature has been granted U.S. Patent no 4,586,136.)

Page 18 of the owners manual.

Got it. I have RTFM syndrome :) Thanks a lot :)