PDA

View Full Version : Tried lp hose in-line humidifying filters?

rjenbody
08-27-2007, 14:28
Just curious if anyone uses one. I know Apollo has one, the bio-filter I think. Do they work well? How long do they work. Seems like that dry air would dry that little sponge out in no time.

mike_s
08-27-2007, 16:01
Just curious if anyone uses one. I know Apollo has one, the bio-filter I think. Do they work well? How long do they work. Seems like that dry air would dry that little sponge out in no time.

There's a very recent thread about this on SB.

I think the wick stays wet for a while.

I thought about getting one of these, but I don't think they are worth the $150 bucks they want for one.

3rdEye
08-27-2007, 16:32
I think Larry uses one

ScubaToys Larry
08-27-2007, 16:56
In deed I do. They are remarkable. They add so much comfort to the dive for me, I would not care what they cost. When you look at the money for a whole set of gear, and air fare, hotel, dive boat - all to get 15 hours of bottom time, and extra 150 bucks to make that time more enjoyable is small potatoes compared to the rest of the cost of the trip - and that's just one trip!

I've had mine for about 6 years - and I love it! Really works, and really makes a difference for me.

scubabirdie
08-27-2007, 18:59
I second everything Larry has just said. I've had mine a couple of years now and can't imagine diving without it. My comfort is worth alot more than what I paid for it...shhh don't let the ST boys know this.

ScaredSilly
08-27-2007, 19:31
I saw a gal using a small water bladder with reg. It hug off he 2nd stage hose and had a small line that went into the mouth piece. When she wanted some water she just squeezed the bladder and water squirted into her mouth.

terrillja
08-27-2007, 20:43
I have one, and I love it, my dad just ordered his today, after he used mine and liked it.

Vercingetorix
08-28-2007, 18:00
Karen, one of the ScubaToys DMs uses one. Spoke to her about it, and she loves it.

mboard182
05-16-2008, 03:31
Although psychological factors are always and issue, completely non-quantitative evaluations of these 'humidifiers' does not mean much.

I would be simple to gain a small insight into their viability, even without having to do any engineering! just weigh the thing before and after dives of a couple different lengths, taking care to either mass the water storing element separately somehow or carefully dry the whole setup to avoid error.

This would be very easy; if someone with access to the item could do it & post results it would be much appreciated!

Lone Frogman
05-16-2008, 03:48
I really like mine on those long dives.

diver 85
07-07-2008, 15:09
plastic bottle of water with a good straw system???/....maybe???........